Taokuoh

Meat

Just out of curiosity, but do any of you guys here eat meat? I personally still eat meat but I'm starting to come off it such as like chicken nuggets, some of the videos I see are so sad that it makes me want to cry.

Edited by CoolBreezy

I'd say plenty, and probably the majority, of members here are not vegetarians. I guess we could take a poll, but that would only show us the % of members who participate in polls who are vegetarian or not.

I eat very little meat and when then only regional/wild or on special occasions whatever's on offer. But I do eat fish/seafood and lot's of eggs (from neighbors with their own chickens or organic store-bought).

• Like 2

Yes that's true, the poll would not be 100% accurate. Going to be contradicting myself here but I get put off different types of meats for different reasons. Yet my favourite meal is chicken fried rice haha or egg fried rice.

Edited by CoolBreezy

McDonalds uses slave labor from prisons so - not just animal rights but human rights too!

But I have had food problems ever since I did my 8 day fast on half a glass of water 15 years ago.

Then after that I began dumpster diving food with this homeless lady - like old nasty bread.

Then I took my coworkers out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. I always got vegetarian but they all got meat - big strong African-American males. I thought - hey if that's how they recharge their energy then why shouldn't I?

So I began eating meat. I had been vegetarian for 15  years and mainly vegan before that.

Yeah - so the Chinese at the restaurants had always thought I was Buddhist since I got vegetarian which was funny - since well I guess the reason I first went veggie was my best friend in high school supported the Tibetan cause and he was - his parents were from Taiwan.

So then he became nationalist or something and told me Chinese people eat meat and so he ate meat also.

But anyway - when I was burning up so much energy sending out yin qi energy all day - I burned up a lot of my yuan qi energy - over a period of about 8 years. So I was eating meat during that time - a lot of it - but most of it I dumpster dived so it would have been garbage anyway.

Yeah now I eat mainly meat from the cooperative - so pasture free range organic type meat. You can actually really taste the difference if meat doesn't have antibiotics, nitrites, etc. Wow it tastes so much better - especially the chicken. Amish chicken tastes really good.

they say a part of that is less stress so I guess that affects the taste.

There is this one qigong master lady who said people in the U.S. eat too much chicken since with her third eye she would see the humans were part chicken - in their auras when she was outside walking around. haha.

I guess it is  - I mean she refuses to eat eggs because of the purification deal.

I read Shri Dhyanyogi - traveling across the U.S. giving shakti healings - and he could never find food pure enough.

But then reading Gabriel Cousens - he said his secret was to eat no fruit. That is my experience - I always get internal tingling from sugar and then I discovered fructose activates the vagus nerve. The tingling is the qi energy neutralizing the free radicals from sugar and the e. coli leaches out of my skull. I can feel the bacteria coming out of my skull and gums, etc. I read of another yoga master dude describing this same phenomenon.

Anyway I was eating lots of sardines - Wild Planet - from pacific. Then I read that the sardine population crashed from overfishing. They're sold as "sustainable" but the government standards are really lame - and so even sardine fish are over-fished depending on where you get them.

Sardines from Taiwan - I could eat those but - the tins have BPA leaching chemicals but also there's Fukushima radiation.

Sardines from Morocco - probably best bet besides the packing tins having BPA chemicals.

Actually a new blood test of people who eat organics proved that you have less carcinogenic chemicals in your blood the more organics you eat.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 2

I love meat, I'm not sure I could ever give it up, though I've read some convincing ethical arguments against eating it, ranging from our treatment of animals to the possibility of consciousness. If it turns out we can somehow demonstrate that animals like chickens and cows have rich inner lives like humans, or at least a proximation of, do you think we have an ethical duty to afford them similar rights and not eat them?

As SC and ISQG say..

I don't believe that eating meat is "wrong", but I very strongly object to the way animals are treated in the majority of "farms" today.

I love milk, chicken, beef, pork... but only buy local, free-range stuff now, from places where I am confident that the animals have not been violated and tortured their entire lives and then painfully killed in a frenzy of screams.

I can't lie, there is the odd exception.. I have a packet of chocolate biscuits in the cupboard that certainly contains mass-produced cow's milk (actually, I think the production of milk involves some of the worst abuse) -- but am trying to phase it all out and eat more fruit and veggies.

post-111592-0-72906000-1430002213_thumb.jpg

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 3

So the Qigong master said she could see most Americans part chicken? If she saw me as part chicken, would there be anyway to change back to fully human form?

I also heard that by eating meat you are letting other entities enter your body, is this true? Is it harmful?

• Like 1

Don't forget that chocolate is from child slavery and child labor also.

Yeah. For 'exotic' stuff -- choc, coffee, bananas, etc -- always Fairtrade.

Not sure how 'fair' it really is, though. Heard good and bad things about the effects it has.

And these chocolate biscuits are an exception to my Fairtrade rule as well... :unsure:

But then reading Gabriel Cousens - he said his secret was to eat no fruit. That is my experience - I always get internal tingling from sugar and then I discovered fructose activates the vagus nerve. The tingling is the qi energy neutralizing the free radicals from sugar and the e. coli leaches out of my skull. I can feel the bacteria coming out of my skull and gums, etc. I read of another yoga master dude describing this same phenomenon.

No fruit sounds a little bizarre...

Because of HFCS, sugar is getting a really bad rep these days, but.. we can't live without it. We literally cannot exist without sugar. And fruit is full of other good stuff! And it's delicious!!

A huge majority of animals, including most primates, thrive on fruits... and humans aren't so far removed from all that.

Yeah actually qigong master chunyi said that even if food is organic if the emotional energy made with it is very negative then it can be worse for you.

• Like 1

I personally think it's healthy to eat a moderate amount of meat...not too much, not too little. It's easy to tell based on how you feel. If you feel loopy, have a burger. If you feel grossed out after eating it, perhaps have less next time.

Questioning the ethics of it, is a symptom of being disconnected from our bodies and from nature. Would animals eat you? Would the shark or the bear? So why would it be wrong for a human to eat them? Why does it taste good, especially if you are starving and in a survival situation? Why do dietitians say it has important nutrients for us, and why is it challenging to supplement those without meat (such as having brewers yeast)? Why have all traditional cultures been hunters? Why do we question ourselves so much?

Eating meat does not cause entities to be in your body...but having weird beliefs such as entities having access to your body might cause it.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

I actually work in organic fruit - it's my job. haha. So I eat a ton of it but yeah - Gabriel Cousens - well I had to research this from experience. I get internal tingles from the fructose activating my vagus nerve and then the e. coli leaches out of my skull. People start referring to the crap and shit when I get the internal tingles. It is strange I know - but I've had this problem for 15 years ever since I did that 8 day fast on half a glass of water and the qigong master said I had an enlightenment experience.

So - anyway sugar - glucose - the body makes it from other food. There was - who was it - someone talking about these people who rowed across the Pacific only eating protein and vegetables  - just to prove it could be done. I know there's sugar in vegetables also - but I mean no glucose diet - like no gluten I mean. But who said that - Oh yeah Dr. Lustig - he's the expert on how fructose is causing the obesity epidemic. He says fruit juice is just as bad as corn syrup.

Also it's not just HFCS that is the problem - it's all corn syrup since all corn syrup is synthetic - there's no enzyme bond holding the glucose and fructose together. So the glucose causes a spike in insulin while the fructose turns into fat right away plus other nasty stuff from the liver digesting it. Normally with the enzyme the fructose would digest in the small intestine causing gas like with beans having fructose or fruit causing bowel movements being the small intestine gas.

Anyway -

• Like 1

I like to think that animals think alike to us humans. We choose to eat what we want to eat and animals think the same, bit mind bending but perhaps its just a stereotype that all animals eat each other, such as Lions, there is probably a Lion out there who is a vegetarian hahahaha :lol:

Yes I have saw online from what some Taoists are portrayed like, and some of them are very spiritual and connected to the spirit world but will still eat meat like a roast duck.

so the original human culture from 70,000 years ago - still singing the same trance music from before humans had language! - when they hunt a bird - they do not eat the kill till the next day. Why? Because otherwise the spirit of the dead bird would tell the other birds that the humans are eating the birds and so the Bushmen could not hunt birds as easily.

As far as lions - the spirit masters leave their bodies to calm down the lions to keep them from eating humans. But if a lion does eat a human it's thought the lion might be a spirit master that transformed into a lion - or something along those lines.

Also the qi energy is used to attract the animals to hunt them - that's why the males avoid females for a few days before hunting to store up their qi energy for the hunt.

The universe is very crazy and mystical. I personally would like to be some form of a spirit guide when I pass on or a spirit that helps people along the way.

Edited by CoolBreezy

Family members of Ching Hai adherents assert under online pseudonyms that the Association brainwashes its members through prolonged meditation and a diet that keeps them weak and compliant. They say Hai's followers end up devoting all their time to the cult and force their families into debt spending money on Hai merchandise.

News articles archived on the site complain of Hai's lavish personal lifestyle, repeating stories about Hai fanatics willing to drink her bathwater, or about one devotee who supposedly purchased her dirty sweat socks for $800.

The Suma Ching Hai cult is pretty wacky - the militant vegan movement.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2011-06-02/news/critics-claim-supreme-master-ching-hai-s-followers-restaurants-front-for-an-exploitive-movement/6/

The thing is - I just watched this soil composting documentary that had scientists proving you can actually store carbon in farms - if the grazing is rotated properly and it's not just some concentrated feed lot kicking out methane.

But obviously deforestation for cattle ranching is a huge problem - that's what really inspired me to stay vegetarian for so long - I read it in a Harpers Magazine article I think.

But yeah I read that being vegetarian is better for males when they are younger - something about prostate health for when they are older.

meat:   i have been a small cooperative rancher, raising free range beef no steroid feed  mostly grass and browse fed.  I have read a bit about it and feel I am quite justified in saying our beef is good for you.   It is not easy to find small owner rancher who hope to have a quality safe and drug free product for sale,   but not impossible!  I hope to handle our cows and steers with respect and consider them partners in life.  They play an important role in helping us to manage land so as not to over graze or simply extract all we can from the land in the short run.

to 

I eat our beef,  but not to exclusion or in my opinion excess.     It  is not always easy to rationalize this position,  but I have no doubt that I have given extensive time and meditation to the position I take regarding food.

Peace

• Like 2

i'm a vegetarian, but i think it helps me. I have a wind/fire body, so it is easier on the stomach. I believe a lot of meat these days is very drugged. But i dont think it is so bad, when one considers the amazing potential of the human body. 

My friend calls it eating alien food, because being a vegetarian causes one's consciousness to rise. Often times eating meat will carry the instincts of the animal into the human, so thoughts like lust and anger will form. 

Nothing wrong with eating meat, not in this world. All of nature is a struggle for survival. Hunting for fun is messed up though. 

Meat is earth element in Ayurveda and metal element in TCM. Meat is just as necessary as the other elements, to keep you in balance. Of course it depends on the other energies what is the point of balance. Meat is grounding you, if you want to fly away then don't eat meat but if you want to stay grounded on this planet then you should eat it. It is like the ballast weight in an air balloon.

Sure you can eat meat, as long as;  

it isnt from a sacred animal, isnt treated as a pet, isnt too young or too old, is not noxious or have an averse mythological story association,  , isnt violent or viscous and you dont take any other product from it (  like wool or eggs), it isnt bought up in unpleasant  or unhealthy conditions ..... and you dont eat it too much or become ravenous for it or too attached to having  it.

But aside from that , help yourself .  :) 

Edited by Nungali

Questioning the ethics of it, is a symptom of being disconnected from our bodies and from nature. Would animals eat you? Would the shark or the bear? So why would it be wrong for a human to eat them? Why does it taste good, especially if you are starving and in a survival situation? Why do dietitians say it has important nutrients for us, and why is it challenging to supplement those without meat (such as having brewers yeast)? Why have all traditional cultures been hunters? Why do we question ourselves so much?

In bold, you've basically summed up the main points which have lead me to believe that eating meat is OK.

But (and I will try not to labour the point too much but do feel it is important), we should also consider the ethics of modern farming. We are not hunter-gatherers any longer. Factory-farmed meat is not as healthy, and does not taste as good, as free-range. And yes, many animals would eat us -- it's not out of line with the Way of Things to kill and eat something. But it is out of line to keep things in tiny cages in dark rooms, shitting all over themselves, for the duration of their lives, and in some cases killing their offspring as soon as they are born so that they can be impregnated as soon as possible (to keep producing milk)...

You mention being disconnected with nature. I think that supporting this kind of farming (which we've all done if we've ever been to McDonald's or KFC or eaten a Nestle product or etc etc etc) shows a supreme lack of connection with our food. And how many people who eat meat would actually be able to kill it themselves? I'm not saying that one should have to hunt for one's food, but the fact that most couldn't bring themselves to kill an animal shows that lack of connection with the process. People don't realise where their food comes from or at what cost (including the environmental cost).

So..yeah. I'm doing my best not to sound like an obnoxious vegan crusader, but... :(

• Like 2

Sure you can eat meat, as long as;  

it isnt from a sacred animal, isnt treated as a pet, isnt too young or too old, is not noxious or have an averse mythological story association,  , isnt violent or viscous and you dont take any other product from it (  like wool or eggs), it isnt bought up in unpleasant  or unhealthy conditions ..... and you dont eat it too much or become ravenous for it or too attached to having  it.

But aside from that , help yourself .   :)

curious which animals are sacred and what nakes them sacred