Sign in to follow this  
rascal

Howdy

Hi all!

I'm a 33 year old guy who hails from North Carolina on the East coast of the United States. On the tail end of a major life upheaval here, and I've just sort of stumbled into Taoism through a series of strange coincidences and intensely spiritual awakenings that seem to keep occurring the more I cultivate my meditation and Tai Chi. I was a pretty hardcore atheist alcoholic mess for a good decade, so this is pretty exciting and new.

I'm mostly looking to expand my own understanding of the Tao and how I can hopefully wu-wei myself into a lifestyle that isn't completely self-destructive and self-involved like my previous one. From a few hours of lurking these forums, this seems like a cool place to investigate further. I'll probably keep lurking for awhile since I'm a total n00b scrub when it comes to Eastern mysticism - but I look forward to the journey ahead and thank the site owner and admins of these forums for providing a cool place to continue my path.

As they say in the South, keep on truckin'!

-rascal

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and may we long continue as a cool place to continue your search.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

• Like 1

Hi Rascal welcome to the forum, don't worry I'm still on the path at the moment of understanding what the Tao fully is. The Tao is very mystical but the more you dig deeper the more it comes clear to you what the Tao is.

Edited by CoolBreezy
  • Like 1

Hi Rascal - you're in great company here. Best wishes as you continue on your path - glad you're here. I'm a long day's drive from you up in Ohio.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

Hi Rascal - you're in great company here. Best wishes as you continue on your path - glad you're here. I'm a long day's drive from you up in Ohio.

I have extended family in Ohio - love it there, good salt of the Earth people, what you see is what you get in my experience. Best wishes back at ya!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this