Wun Yuen Gong

Thunder and Lightning breathing or Meditation

Hi All,

Ive read a few thread and post on different lineages on Taobums and other boards and was interested in what they are talking about "Thunder and Lightning" i think its a meditation or visualisation med for med or chi kung practises.

Can some help me out and explain what and how its used or trained?

Is it explained in Magus of Java of John Changs book?

WYG

In own words.

The magus of java is a book describing the story of a healer (using a mix of acupuncture and energy) who follows the thunderpath. This is a way of cultivation where the practitioner brings he's body's yin and yang energy under control by diffrent exercises and meditation. I assume breathing is a part of this. The endresult (this takes many many years of dedicated practice) is that the person has acces to large amounts of energy inside he's own body wich he/she can ustilise for diffrent purpose.

The thunderpath itself is called Lei Shan Dao and can be studied with David Shen Verdesi from the Foundation Training program (found at the Foundation forum). There are students of him who actively post on this board.

Thunder and lightning breathing is also a method wich is described on a video taken from a seminar given by sifu max (if i recall correctly its a technique wich helps healing from a distance). The website where this video is available isnt affliated with sifu max himself though so it is not advised buying the video. I dont know if he teaches this technique currently as i didnt saw it being mentioned on the red phoenix website.

Kind regards.

Edited by minkus

Interesting question though. My sense is that Sifu Max and Jiang Sifu(And I am guessing Wang Liping) are all on the highly developed tier(though probably used different methods to get where they are.)

The major difference? Sifu Max was born in America, teaching in an open way and is affordable :lol:

• Like 1

I read the innerself center website and they have information that was passed down from Lama Dorje, how old is this information and is this still what Lama Dorje teachers?

WYG

I think you are right there is a high level master in every country and this also depends on what type of information you are after. Magic is good but there is many high level monks and priest that can lead you into self and life , death.

WYG

Yes..from what I have been told..."walking you into Self and Life, Death" is really Max's speciality.

Won't say more about that unless Chris thinks it is appropriate.

I read the innerself center website and they have information that was passed down from Lama Dorje, how old is this information and is this still what Lama Dorje teachers?
Interesting, got a direct link for that?

And, I believe the Foundation training is for LSD...while David is currently studying "Dragon Gate" with Wang Liping....something entirely different and not taught by him yet? Is this correct?

And, I believe the Foundation training is for LSD...while David is currently studying "Dragon Gate" with Wang Liping....something entirely different and not taught by him yet? Is this correct?

Well... again: Based on my poor understanding the Foundation Training has some things in line with Master Liping (not only) ... if I got it right it is not LSD specific or even a LSD prerequisite. Might be wrong though as I might be confusing things.

:)

Harry

Cam,

do you happen to know what your proprietary/birth trigram is? 'cause if it happens to be Zhen the Arousing, Thunder, or its child Li, Fire/Lightning, it might explain why this particular practice resonates so well with you personally.

Out of the eight trigrams, Zhen is "special" in that it is the one that gives the whole world of manifestations its first impulse toward being, the first stirring that sets the whole enchilada in motion, transforming wuji into taiji, Earlier Heaven into Later Heaven, tao-in-stillness into tao-in-motion, nonchange into change, and so on. The reason Thunder comes before Lightning in tao (unlike in an observable thunderstorm) is that Zhen is a different kind of Thunder from just "thunder" -- it is the "primordial sound," the vibration of creation -- not unlike Om of the Hindu tradition or Logos of our Western one, the "word that was god" -- where "god," "word," "sound," "know-how (logos)," "creation" and "manifestation" are all more or less equal to the taoist concept of Zhen-the-Arousing-Thunder, the thunder of Fu Xi and King Wen and the Duke of Zhou, the primal impulse toward being as discerned by ancient/classical taoism. It's such a tricky trigram to master... it's like a wild stallion with thundering hooves and earth-shaking temper, you get kicked and thrown many, many times before you learn to ride it... but once you do... once you do, the rest of creation is your oyster. ;)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Taomoew,

Can you tell me how one can look up what triagram they are?

You can't look it up but it's very easy to calculate with Chinese numerology. Here's one formula (for a male -- a female has to use a different formula because yin qi and yang qi flow in opposite directions):

1. Add the digits in your birth year. E.g., if you're born in 1965:

1+9+6+5=25

2. Divide the sum by 9.

25:9=18, remainder 7.

3. Subtract the remainder from 11.

11-7= 4

The resulting number is your trigram. If, however, the resulting number is greater than 9, you would have to subtract 9 from the resulting number to get the number of your trigram.

If the remainder is 0, use the number 9 instead.

If your resulting number is 5, your personal trigram is 2.

Then of course you need to know how the eight trigrams are numbered and which sequence to use -- Earlier Heaven or Later Heaven. This you can look up somewhere, but I don't have a bookmark for where, sorry :) -- for an in-depth treatment, use The Great Treatise on the Changes, or Ta Chuan.

I am a Rooster in my chinese zodiac and a fire sign i think!!!

You mean you were born in a Red/Fire Rooster year? This doesn't make you a rooster or a fire sign (this is all pop astrology for entertainment purposes, nothing to do with the real thing) -- this gives you info about one animal sign out of six that govern your destiny (conception, year, month, day, hour, life). I have a Rooster in my chart too, and plenty of fire, but if you go by the most important one, that's the Month animal, and this makes me a Green/Wood Snake! :D -- but there's also a Tiger there and a what-not, a whole zoo. Then you have to consider your yin-yang patterns and your wuxing (Five Phases) qi... it gets complicated. Chinese astrology is bottomless... the "year animal" is a contributor to the picture, but its role is quite limited. However, your personal trigram gives you quite a bit of info to go on if you know where to take it. This knowledge comes gradually (in my experience), and every new piece of the puzzle that falls into place is a thrill. A worthy pursuit, AFAIK.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Cam,

do you happen to know what your proprietary/birth trigram is? 'cause if it happens to be Zhen the Arousing, Thunder, or its child Li, Fire/Lightning, it might explain why this particular practice resonates so well with you personally.

Out of the eight trigrams, Zhen is "special" in that it is the one that gives the whole world of manifestations its first impulse toward being, the first stirring that sets the whole enchilada in motion, transforming wuji into taiji, Earlier Heaven into Later Heaven, tao-in-stillness into tao-in-motion, nonchange into change, and so on. The reason Thunder comes before Lightning in tao (unlike in an observable thunderstorm) is that Zhen is a different kind of Thunder from just "thunder" -- it is the "primordial sound," the vibration of creation -- not unlike Om of the Hindu tradition or Logos of our Western one, the "word that was god" -- where "god," "word," "sound," "know-how (logos)," "creation" and "manifestation" are all more or less equal to the taoist concept of Zhen-the-Arousing-Thunder, the thunder of Fu Xi and King Wen and the Duke of Zhou, the primal impulse toward being as discerned by ancient/classical taoism. It's such a tricky trigram to master... it's like a wild stallion with thundering hooves and earth-shaking temper, you get kicked and thrown many, many times before you learn to ride it... but once you do... once you do, the rest of creation is your oyster. ;)

Who says we don't know?

Hmmmm... well Sean. You might know... but how many of us Foundation Students know what comes after Foundation? We have hints, we have ideas... but I think I am right to say that most of us are actually pretty clueless :)

Further to the question of Foundation & LSD:

http://foundation73.proboards55.com/index....1194&page=1

(in the open forum. Essay section)

Foundation at least does not seem to "belong to"/"be made use of" in Mo Pai and Jiang Sifu's Lei Shan Dao pai.

:)

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Not to diss anyone..

My feeling is astrology is mostly a waste of time.

Focus on awakening then who cares what your charts look like?