Oneironaut

Questions about the six healing sounds.

Okay, I've got the audio CD's DVD's and ebooks from healingtaousa and it's a whole lot of material to cover. I"m thinking of starting out with the inner smile audio and reading the ebook while incorporating the 6 healing sounds sometime at night after getting home from work. So I'm thinking of having both a morning and night time/evening practice. I realize that Michael does something unique in the sense that he combines animal movements with the six healing sounds.

My question is can the six healing sounds be done seated and without the 5 animals? I plan on doing the practice exactly as Michael teaches it as soon as I get some grounding here and can view/read all the material in the months to come. 

Secondly, I remember getting involved with a method called keysound by Jack Johnston. The sound seems similar to the heart sound and I remember Jack telling me that his keysound needed to be done within it's effective range otherwise it would be useless. Is it the same with the six healing sounds in that they must be done within a certain effective range in order for them to be effective?

Thanks.

• Like 1

My question is can the six healing sounds be done seated and without the 5 animals?

Since doing them without five animals seems to be the prevailing traditional way, the answer is clear.

Is it the same with the six healing sounds in that they must be done within a certain effective range in order for them to be effective?

My little humble experience so far is that the sound will find where to fit on its own. It's called after organ because it will naturally resonate with the organ.

If you are after effectiveness, investigate all healing sounds traditions, the sounds differ, then choose sounds you feel resonates best with your body.

• Like 2

I agree with Leif….. If every organ, every body, etc. has a resonant frequency than those frequencies would be completely unique to the individual. How can a woman who is 5'2" have the same resonant frequency as a guy who is 6'4"? if you chant enough your voice will settle into a range that is comfortable to you. Forcing your voice into a frequency range that may be uncomfortable will not be soothing or healing. 

Oneironaut, one thing you can do is to set up Skype sessions with Michaels instructors on his page. Helps a lot with questions and they can guide you through the exercises right away.

hour lecture on the 6 sounds.

I'm thinking you gotta do the body movements to open up the channels and the sound removes the heat as the blocked energy.

That's what the first link says - the article.

• Like 2

They can definitely be done without the 'animals'.  One Healing Tao exercise I learned was Going through the Seasons..  What I remember is you start winter; think of the kidney area, fall, maybe a bear in water, saving and storing.. and go shwhooo.  Then circle to the spleen area, think growth, green, purifying, spring, regeneration and Shhhhhhh, Circle up to the heart area, warmth, love, heat, Summer Haaaahh.  keep circling to the lungs, think Fall, clean, crisp, cooling, and Sssssst.  Circle back down to Kidney..   

Thus you circle the seasons around your center, taking some time to appreciate each one, with the appropriate sound, imagery and feelings.

• Like 1

Sounds are for purging and smiling (with colors) is for tonifying.

I don't know what Michael is referred to here nor those CDs, so I can't comment on that.

• Like 1

This is interesting, would you please elaborate my friend?

I'm not sure what there is to explain. The sounds stem from the detrimental emotions associated with the six organs, which can be found quickly in any TCM chart. The logic behind the sounds is that they are a audible response to those emotions. Lungs/Melancholy = deep sigh, for example. Liver/anger = let off some steam, etc ...

You can find new-agey types selling it in a way that is more attractive to the western mind.

• Like 4

I'm not sure what there is to explain. The sounds stem from the detrimental emotions associated with the six organs, which can be found quickly in any TCM chart. The logic behind the sounds is that they are a audible response to those emotions. Lungs/Melancholy = deep sigh, for example. Liver/anger = let off some steam, etc ...

You can find new-agey types selling it in a way that is more attractive to the western mind.

Thanks, thats basically all i wanted to know :)

• Like 1

Thanks, thats basically all i wanted to know :)

wanted to add that no, you don't have to combine these sounds with movements and in fact there's a pretty strong argument to be made for doing them in a static position, usually seated, with full concentration on the organ being addressed.

• Like 4

wanted to add that no, you don't have to combine these sounds with movements and in fact there's a pretty strong argument to be made for doing them in a static position, usually seated, with full concentration on the organ being addressed.

True... one doesn't have to combine... but one can. 

We were combining some with movement and sometimes with slapping or 'raking' the area energetically.

One needs to decide to what extent they need to do the purging (in combination or not).   Experiment away... 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone. Just one more question. What is the length of time one should practice both the 6 healing sounds and inner smile for everyday?

As far as the sounds go, I think what´s most important is the feeling.  You can do them soft or loud, for a short time or a long time, sitting standing or lying down...but in the end what´s is important is only this -- did you feel the corresponding organ?  The sounds are just a tool to get to the feeling.  It´s like taking a bus to get home from work.  What´s important is not so much the bus ride, it´s whether you made it home.

For this reason, I recommend really taking your time with the period after the sound to feel into the organ.  You can´t release what you can´t feel, so take time with this part.  

Liminal

• Like 4

Six healing sounds...? It's ALL about the DRAGON BREATH, roar, and orgasm noises - you don't need to heal you must become a DRAGON. Instead of snoring tonight, you will DRAGON ROARGASM.

• Like 1

Six healing sounds...? It's ALL about the DRAGON BREATH, roar, and orgasm noises - you don't need to heal you must become a DRAGON. Instead of snoring tonight, you will DRAGON ROARGASM.

I don't think my wife would appreciate that. Could piss off the neighbors, too, I suppose.

It is possible to do accurate organ diagnosis by listening to everyday speech.

6 healing sounds is an attempt at balancing organs "pressure" (among other things) by specific expression.

There are other ways of using sounds to fortify and tonify organs rather than adjusting expression.

Also - think about what is being expressed - it is what has been taken in.

It is possible to use the position (time) of before and during intake, rather than just after, to adjust organ functions/interactions.

When this adjustment are done after, this is called "healing" because the before created imbalance.

Basic principles are more important than a specific version of a practice, but not so useful for consumer mindset.

Japanese way of using sound is called Kotodama, and is also very interesting. This is, of course, coming from very ancient sources, and Japanese studies are one more recent way.

Also - Cymatics is very interesting to study in relation to sound and what sound is doing.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

Note to the OP: If you have Winn's DVD, he does show a seated version of the six sounds without the animal frolics, at least it did when I bought it a few years back.

• Like 1

Yes he actually does show a seated version. But even those contain movement. He later says that the sounds can be done while driving or laying down. In that case I guess it can be done from a full lotus position involving visualizations and no movements. For now I just want to keep things simple and to be honest the movements, whether seated or standing, just do not resonate with me.

For now I just want to keep things simple and to be honest the movements, whether seated or standing, just do not resonate with me.

Then pick your most comfortable position, free of distractions if possible... and see how it goes.

I am curious as to the order you follow (or taught in the materials).   I rarely see someone talk about why a particular order is important (or not).

And I don't quite mean, 'because it is the five element order'.  

• Like 3