Sign in to follow this  
eccentric215

Kudulini through fasting

Is kudalini practice through prolong fasting such as 30 days a good idea or would that be to stressfull in the kidneys. I have done numberous 30 day fast trying to balance my body. Ive even done 40 days with no sweat. Im a very energetic faster. When im in a fast sitting still is hard for me. I shop i clean i do crafts build survival kits i sweep i mop paint ect. The only thing i cant do while fasting is things like swing a hammer for long periods without muscle fatigue. Is this approach to finding chukra balance a good way or should i ease off and do something like a juice fast ? in your opinions whats a good dietary option.

• Like 1

I'd say try some liquid fasts first before trying a dry fast in the beginning of your kundalini work, or perhaps in any work that requires prolonged seating postures. Seated work is a lot more demanding than people like to think, and honestly it builds things for the body that people cannot really understand without doing it. I am currently preparing for a prolonged fast myself, intermittently altering between eating (raw vegan) and juice/urine fasting (urine? say WHAT?!?!). So far, that is working out really well, and I'll be going strictly fasting within the next 2 weeks. 

SO that's my take on it, and I thought to chime in simply because this is the first post I have seen that highlighted fasting hahaha.

I think I would die if I went 30 days without food. Honestly.

It really seems like russian roulette with the body. Perhaps fasting will be ok, perhaps kundalini will leave your body in a good way. Perhaps not. Most that force it seem to mess up their body. That is just how I see it.

If you're intent on doing stuff like this then just take it easy. Take the time to get the container right before you fill it with energy.

• Like 1

qigong fasting is more properly called "energy feasting" and it is initiated only after the lower tan tien is full of yin qi energy - so you should already feel very strong boiling heat behind the belly when you start the fast.

Then you do something called "converting jing to qi" energy - for the fast. To do this you need to be meditating as focus on the Emptiness which then builds up the jing energy - the shen energy turns into more jing energy.

So then as you fast the qi energy should get strong and you can test this with the electromagnetic force between the palms of your hands. So then also the top of your skull should get soft again and pulsate with electromagnetic energy and also the centers of your hands and feet - pulsating or breathing with electromagnetic energy.

At that point you should be able to sit in full lotus for as long as you want in ease - with no pain and not moving at all - at least 2 hours minimum.

Also your sleep should not be needed as much and also you should be creating water in the center of the skull - from a kind of reverse electrolysis - the qi electromagnetic energy fusing the hydrogen and oxygen. Also since the breathing is electromagnetic pulsations then physical breathing is not needed as much.

So - that is when "immortal breathing" kicks in and then you enter into deep serenity - so that would be the end of a 7 to 8 day qigong "energy feast" - I did that 15 years ago when I was 29 years old.

So at that point you enter into the Emptiness as an enlightenment experience which then will cause confusion when you come out of it - it's like a deep spacetime vortex.

To stabilize your energy just keep focusing on your lower tan tien to build up more qi to surround the shen spirit light energy.

So at that stage the mind should rely on logical inference of the source of the I-thought. So any experiences you have - the question is "who" is having them - and the logically infer that the source of all your perceptions if your I-thought and the source of your I-thought is the Emptiness - which you can listen to but you can't see or perceive otherwise - you can just logically infer it.

That will continue to harmonize your spiritual powers and perceptions back to their impersonal source from the formless awareness.

So then there are different levels of deep serenity - if you keep going you can go a month or two months - as the original qigong master did - for that there is no sleep for 2 months and you body - your spirit leaves your body and you go into heaven for further teachings.

I would study the book "Taoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" for further details.

But most people don't even ever fill up the lower tan tien with yin qi energy in which case fasting is not a real "energy feast" - but more just like a detoxification process.

• Like 3

I think I would die if I went 30 days without food. Honestly.

People have fasted for over a year before (but they started as extremely obese)....the length of a fast should be determined by your starting weight....I might very likely die with a 30 day fast myself....I personally don't recommend long fasts to those who have low amounts of lean mass already....

It really seems like russian roulette with the body. Perhaps fasting will be ok, perhaps kundalini will leave your body in a good way. Perhaps not. Most that force it seem to mess up their body. That is just how I see it.

When you say that kundalini leaves the body, do you mean to say that tapas of any sort burns up kundalini - basically likened to old karmas surfacing, being recognized and released through awareness methods?

Fasting is a lot different from starving, so it helps to understand that what fasting does holds very little weight on how skinny you are starting out. I personally have gained weight, muscle, and fat several times while fasting, and I have also seen the same happen with my younger brother. But like innersound said, for most people it will be detoxification.

I must say that I would NOT recommend it to most people because they cannot prepare for themselves properly to fast. I wouldn't recommend it if someone is going from a diet of extremely dense foods (most people will flat out say "meat-eating", but even as a raw vegan there are food choices that are extremely dense) with low natural water content to fasting in one go. Let me rephrase, I wouldn't recommend it for most types of fasts, but things like juice fasting can be entered into without much worry. 

The problem that can rock people is their mental priority, and what they consider to be "necessary" for survival. Most people will also flat-out disagree that you "need" some sort of food, but experience really does show that universal "truths" are often not as truthful as we might believe. I would recommend juice fasting to anyone, although they might still do better to prepare with raw foods for a while. But you also got shit like raw juice feasting, where you treat juices like "meals" and stack the juice with a shitload of stuff.

For a beginner, fasting would be more about detox, although that detoxing benefits a practitioner greatly in terms of clearing out blockages that are nestled not only in the "physical", but also "spiritual" bodies. There's a greater degree of mental clarity, and things like concentration and visualization do increase... at least for me. The issue can be length; it's not likely that these benefits will come about in just a few days. 

So yea, fasting is a pretty personal science, and I would have to rant for hours just to try and jot down everything I have experienced with it. The OP is already a seasoned faster it seems, so we gotta take into account that their needs are different from ours. The only thing I could say is that to eccentric215 is that whatever you are doing, with the fasting, it might benefit you most to focus on that kundalini work as your primary work of the day during that fasting. If might not do you any good if you are continuously busy all the time, and even before that, you might want to take up practices that'll help you be calm in seated postures.

• Like 1

I think I will try a fast and see what occurs....no specific time shooting for, I will just observe what happens...maybe I will write a little fasting journal in my PPF if neat things worth mentioning occur..

The original post did not mention what type of fasting he does.

In any case - it is somewhat extraordinary that meditation becomes harder during a fast for the original poster - this is a very clear indication that a big kundalini experience might be very harmful in this case, I would say to a very high degree of probability that it would be harmful.

Innersoundqigong brought up some excellent points but in particular those regarding the lower dan tien.

Fasting properly done which means with a proper understanding of it and proper regard for what one can and cannot do on a fast is perfectly safe and the opposite of harmful or dangerous.

If one is properly prepared for a fast then the body will clearly coomnicate when it is ready to stop the fast.

Fasting in order to arrive at an altered state can well override the bodies voice in the fast - this would be unfortunate.

Given the original posts entire format of thinking in framing the post - I would recommend you not work with kundalini exercises at all until you have progressed much further in other practice. However if you persist, their is ample help and discussion on the repercussions of kundalini damage from those who did precisely what you are doing - actively pushing a premature kundalini experience.

I like long fasting - both water only and juice. Typically 23 days.

Never heard of anyone every doing a fast of any length gaining weight and muscle mass - not even in the seemingly wild stories of India.

If you are new to fasting - really learn about it and do at least 5 days the first time. Definitely do not plan on working on the 3rd day - very important that you have zero plans and nothing that needs doing on the 3rd day - and a place where taking more than one shower that day is possible if you want to.

Fasting is a vacation for your body, a time for cleaning and re-establishing your base harmonies.

• Like 2

yeah, to be able to gain muscle while fasting makes no sense to me, but I will not rule it out. Stranger things have happened ;)

• Like 1

Never heard of anyone every doing a fast of any length gaining weight and muscle mass - not even in the seemingly wild stories of India.

Hey, I'm not saying it's typical, nor am I saying that it has always happened. However, Not only has it happened to me, but it is something that is not as uncommon as you might believe. Now I've been knee-deep into fasting research for about 5 years, which doesn't make me an expert by any means. However, perhaps it might be because of my aim in studying it - living without food at all - that has garnered the experiences I have had and also the stories and experiences I have seen others have.

The assumption with fasting is that people lose weight because they are not eating. Hence, skinny people say "I don't need to fast because I am already skinny." The problem is that because fasting is primarily a detoxification activity, and not necessarily a starvation action, your starting weight has very little to do with what your end weight might be. As such, there are many skinny people who gain weight because the reason they were skinny was due to any number of problems in terms of their metabolism, parasites, or ability to absorb nutrients. 

Now certain fasts have different repercussions than others, and as well different effects. Juice fasting is pretty much safe for most people, and yet at the same time you would be hard-pressed to get as thorough a detox from it as you would a water fast. However, water fasting, due to its intensity, requires quite a bit more preparation than a juice fast does. I personally have been working with urine fasting, and let me start by saying that I am not recommending that anyone decide to do urine fasting. I got very personal reasons for doing it, but I can say that I gained weight with this type of fasting several times, and it was weight that appeared to be very beneficial weight. Urine fasting is possibly the most dynamic type in terms what people gain from it, but again, this is not an advertisement.

If people feel that there is an inherent human need for food, I wouldn't recommend it at all to be honest. I also wouldn't recommend it for something like Kundalini, at least for a beginner. The OP did state that they were pretty seasoned at fasting, at least capable of 40-Day dry fasts. However, with something that is as volatile as kundalini is apparently supposed to be (I can't honestly say, I don't work with that system), there are just certain basics should be established that, while fasting can aid with them, might not be addressed here. 

The OP is obviously having a hard time sitting still while fasting, although it hasn't been expressed whether or not that is an issue without fasting. That issue right there is enough to halt ambitions, and yet there are also issues of what the OP's experience is with chakra work, meditation, what their diet is like on a normal basis... several things go into this. So I would definitely agree that there's gotta be some basis of substantial practice, and if one is fasting as an auxiliary modicum, then that's all it really should be. It can have a great effect on keeping energy channels clean and focused, but I don't think using it to "raise" kundalini would be all that wise.

Just a note. Dry fasting will kill you.

For water fasts though, as long as you still have fat on your body then you'll likely be fine because you still have energy to burn. Fasting is an outstanding way of cleansing and purifying the body. Though it is good to have access to a medical professional whom can check you out to make sure you don't experience negative symptoms. Dietary wise everyone's body is different. Just finished a fast myself, a diet I settled on afterwards was this:

1. Fruits

2. Vegetables

3. Nuts and Seeds

4. Legumes

-No meat, seafood and grains. I don't eat dairy that often.

Additionally, if you want to trigger Kundalini then go with a system that is focused in that area. KAP has some good stuff in regards to that area of practice.

Edited by OldChi

One of my exercise physiology professors stated that fat burns in the flame of carbohydrates...always remember the protein sparing amount - 100g carbs...keeps your muscles from being digested...maybe split that into 3, so 3 meals with ~33 g complex carbs, plus ~60-80 g protein over the day and you should be able to drop the fat and stay energized...this is what they call a VLCD 'very low calorie diet' in the medical community (I think...don't quote me on that)...its still going to release toxins as stored fat burns, but less intense vs. Straight up fasting...

Im jumping the gun here a bit. I have not read all the post. But what i found is 3 days of fasting is exactly the same as 30. It doesnt change. I have plenty of bf. I weigh 220. And it is fasting i dont wanna jeprdize my health at all. When i went 40 days i waa calling experts(stanley bass). To make sure i was safe.

Songstan. Its inevitable. Youll lose muscle i can bench 215 and leg press 600 i work out often. Im gonna lose some of it. Ive heald on to belly fat so i can fast. I dont wanna jump on the boat at 5% body fat.

Sign in to follow this