JassBear

Found this place :)

Greetings to all ,

As I've been reading a Tao Ching one verse a day ..for quite some time

And recently got interested in Qigong ( still a total beginner) ,

While googling about different forms of qigong came to this amazing forum.

Glad I've found it :)

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome JassBear, please enjoy the site.

Hi Aussie, For what its worth, the link above isn't working.  For me at least.

Thank you for your warm welcome 

and for the link to pdf  - reading it now its very informative   :)

that is the correct link : http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/papers/EightExtraordinaryMeridians-Qigong.pdf

little about myself : 

as i am approaching 50 i've started to feel my energy and health deteriorating rapidly  since i haven't been 

practicing any physical exercises for the last 25 years - i confess  :unsure:  and intuition brought me to Tao and Qigong.

What still confuses me about Qigong in general is that there are so many styles and variation on each style of Qigong, 

that it is difficult to pick one ...  the ancient styles , the new modern styles and anything in between... :unsure:

As i am just starting getting into Qigong -

the two last weeks i've been doing  Eight Brocades  - Baduanjin Qigong 8 movements  daily routine ( many youtube videos)

i've chosen this one by a 93 years old master  

and also some other randomly picked Qigong movements

for example from Lee Holden's Morning Qi Ritual 20 minute version

no idea what style Qigong he combines in this routine - have now idea if Lee Holden is a credible source ? 

https://youtu.be/T9MD7BLpT-U

and also one movement  Qigong Ping Shuai Gong 平甩功 (Swing Hand Exercise) https://youtu.be/cX_rOySRCfs

I am  starting to feel the first small improvements in my overall Qi awareness and

being more centered and chilled , my stress has  reduced considerably ,

but my energy flow  is still low and  insomnia and back and neck  pain doesn't improve yet

guess it takes much longer to get steady results ?

What is your personal opinion  -

Can i combine moves from different qigong schools and styles in something that works for me 

or is it better to follow one style-way precisely ?

humble student

Edited by JassBear