turbo

Phoenix, AZ Kunlun Seminar November 17-18

The Phoenix Kunlun seminar has been confirmed for November 17-18. Here is the map from the airport to the seminar location.

I think it is a good idea for us to plan to meet each other so we can share rides and hotel rooms if necessary. So, lets keep each other informed of our plans and ideas here.

Cheers!

Edit: Map now fixed. Thanks Yoda.

Edited by turbo

I'm in! :)

Wrong airport, though on the link above. It's Sky Harbor International Airport. I think the airport code is PHX.

Hi. I am the host of the Phoenix Seminar. Here are the hotels info.

Q..

It is a 5-10 minute walk..

Courtyard Phoenix Mesa by Marriott

1221 S Westwood

Mesa, AZ 85210

800-804-6835

rate $99 a night

It is a 10-15 minute walk..

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Phoenix/Mesa

1405 S Westwood

Mesa, AZ 85210

800-804-6835

$99 a night rate

Quality Inn and Suites Mesa

1410 S Country Club Dr

Mesa, AZ 85210

800-804-6835

$70 a night rate

Edited by Qlites

I won't be making it. I have some laundry, homework and stuff to do that weekend.

*kidding to infinity*

If a few random factors allign, I'm in. Checking now. Taobums should coordinate which hotel they're staying at. May I suggest the first to book and post has chosen the official bum motel :) (I'd just as soon stay in one of the Marriots)

Qlite is there a particular hotel that Lama Max will be at?

Yours

Michael

I would say this hotel, Courtyard Phoenix Mesa by Marriott, since it is really close. I think both Marriot has free breakfast. But Sifu Max team is really busy with San Francisco seminars that he did not tell me yet. I would offer my house, but I have only one spare room. hahaha.

I can't wait to see you all there. It will be mucho fun..

Q...

I would say this hotel, Courtyard Phoenix Mesa by Marriott, since it is really close. I think both Marriot has free breakfast. But Sifu Max team is really busy with San Francisco seminars that he did not tell me yet. I would offer my house, but I have only one spare room. hahaha.

I can't wait to see you all there. It will be mucho fun..

Q...

We plan to be at the Courtyard. Nice beds.

San Fran tonight.

Have fun boys and girls! :lol:

Some of the best parts were hangin' out with folks, and Max creates a really fun group vibe that sets the tone for happy fun social stuff afterwards. Just make sure that the restaurant you choose has a high chair for any short green comrades! :lol::D

I'm in! :)

Just make sure that the restaurant you choose has a high chair for any short green comrades!

I usually just sit on the table. :)

I've signed :) Seminar and instead of 45 minutes I get to ask him 3 questions.

I can see the conversation now:

I walk into the room.

Me: Thank you for meeting with me, um how should I address you?

Him:Please call me Lama Max

Me:Are you really a Lama?

Him: Yes, I am

Me: Really?

Him:Really.

Me:How can I see the divinity in all things?

Him:Actually it is quite simple, but your 3 questions are up. B)

I'm thinking of flying up a few days ahead of time and spending 2 nights in Sedona. Here's a nice site for Sedona info http://www.visionsofheaven.com/journeys-se...SedonaIndx.html .

Michael

Thanks for the tip... I just signed up too plus a one on one per Cam's recommendation... the whole thing sounds like a real once in a lifetime kind of an experience... we'll be glued to our seats, so to speak! :lol:

Anyone know the likely days for the one on one? I'd like to jet on Monday if possible.

I'm all signed up too. It would be cool if we could all get lunch and hang out after the class on Saturday (Sunday too, time permitting). I think it would be ideal to hang out at a park or other scenic natural area, maybe even go for a hike or a walk. Cameron, do you have any ideas?

Maybe we can get a group rate at the Courtyard and save a little dough. Mantra, can you call and see if they would be willing to give a group rate to attendees of the class?

I'm looking forward to the class and meeting the people behind the messages.

From Mesa the Superstition Mtns are a short drive away for desert hiking. The weather should be perfect mid-November.

We should definately get in some time for group meals, walks and meditation. If L. Max is willing we could sponsor a special Tao Bums dinner. What a great idea (If I say so myself).

Mantra/Chris I don't know if L. Max follows the TaoBum madness, but please let him know that he has ignited much interest and the largest longest posts ever on this site. We would like to treat him (&you) for dinner. Please let him know. It would be great to get together informally.

I thinking of going 2 days early and going up to Sedona. Here's a nice web site I found: http://www.visionsofheaven.com/journeys-se...SedonaIndx.html .

So far I've signed up for the seminar but haven't made plane or hotel reservations yet. I'm sure I'll stay at the Mesa, but I want to look into a room in Sedona. At the moment I'm planning on leaving Sunday night.

Michael

If you want some place close by, I recommend the Desert Botanical Garden. I often go there to do Tai Chi or Chi Gong. The energy there from the plants are really powerful. $10 to get in but worth it. Beautiful place.

http://www.dbg.org/

There is a good Vietnamese restaurant next door to White Crane if you want to do lunch after workshop while waiting for your private class.

I am up for lunch and lunch with the group.

Peace,

Q..

A taobum dinner or lunch or something would be a great idea if Max is game but I'm guessing Max might want to see his old Phoenix friends and students as a higher priority.

Trunk said that they did a party for the LA class that all participants were invited to. That would be fun to organize something like that. Maybe a potluck at someone's place or hotel room?

I'm just clicking through my list of resources in Phoenix: There's an outside chance I might be able to swing a party at a friend's house, my brother's house is off limits for parties...

I know: Cam's Dad has a great party pad in Scottsdale!

Cam, line it up bro!

:lol:

Let me also float an early morning group meditation for Sunday. Too bad the sun will probably not be up til late morning. It would be great to meditate outside, watch a sunrise. I'll have to google an almanac.

Michael

A taobum dinner or lunch or something would be a great idea if Max is game but I'm guessing Max might want to see his old Phoenix friends and students as a higher priority.

Trunk said that they did a party for the LA class that all participants were invited to. That would be fun to organize something like that. Maybe a potluck at someone's place or hotel room?

I'm just clicking through my list of resources in Phoenix: There's an outside chance I might be able to swing a party at a friend's house, my brother's house is off limits for parties...

I know: Cam's Dad has a great party pad in Scottsdale!

Cam, line it up bro!

:lol:

Not telling my Dad about the workshop bro. I am sure we can have plenty of fun on our own :lol:

I just need to say this...

All this talk of parties and ge togethers is nice but should not be the focus imo.

You guys are going to be sitting with someone the level of which I am guessing you havent before.

The reality is(as happened to me) after you get the transmission you really don't know what you may do.

You may want to be left alone in your hotel room. You may want to hang out with Max or his students. You may want to go into the desert. You may want to go to a strip club :lol:

Bottom line..let's not get too much into the 'planning'.

Have some sense of what people would like to do..but also leave room for the possibilty that any sort of plan or thing to do or whatever might get thrown out the window..as it did for me.

For this reason my feeling is it would be ebst for everyone to get there own room in case they need some space to process.

Don't get me wrong..I am also down to get some board games..Candyland..Operation...Hungry Hippo and go out into the desert or even hang a tmy apartment or Qlites Dojo or whatever..just no tellin'

Edited by Cameron

Hmnn, Cam has a good point. Course I'm not thinking so much Party Central as much as silent meditation together. If we do expect a powerful session then discussions before digestion it would be counter productive.

Now semi ignoring that point, I'd still like to see a bull session maybe Friday night before the session begins. Before the trip we should have each others cell #'s.