Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

混沌

Hùn Dùn - 混沌 - Primordial Chaos

Posts sent to a nebulous state of TDB before heaven and earth. It is chaos for some and returning home for others.

Found this funny, I like it... just wanted to say.

Edited by eye_of_the_storm
  • Like 2

Actually there is a lot of order within that chaos.

Chuang Tzu mentions once somewhere that before the beginning there was chaos.  Can't remember if he said that order evolved out of it though.  We still might be in the latter stages of chaos.

Edited by Marblehead

Now that I haven't had for a very long time.  I'll have to check the next time I go to a Chinese buffet.  (What I've eaten was Korean style though.)

:(

No one does food like that around here ... the picture wanted me to go back and visit my friend in the city .... and choose to eat whatever delicacy or simple food from whatever  culture just down the street.

Countryville Oz seems to be taken over by  insidious places   claiming to be run by bushrangers and selling traditional dampers and bread and 'exotic pies'  - which means, the local Thai restaurant may have closed down, but now you can get a Thai green curry chicken pie at the local 'Bushman's Bakery'   puke.gif

Hehehe.  Well, if you hear someone ordering a Moon Pie and an RC you know you are in either Alabama or Georgia.

And I will know that I dont know what they are talking about.

I would have to counter with a  'pie floater'   (then at least I would know I was in Adelaide )

pie.floater.gif

If you want to go further south , to the bottom of Tasmania they make a  ...

scallop pie floater  ... so the pie ... in the green goo, with the red goo on top, would be full of these;

r1027108_11709547.jpg

Excuse me again .......... 

• Like 1

I would have to counter with a  'pie floater'   (then at least I would know I was in Adelaide )

If you want to go further south , to the bottom of Tasmania they make a  ...

scallop pie floater  ... so the pie ... in the green goo, with the red goo on top, would be full of these;

That actually looks and sounds pretty darned good.

I had to look up the mutton birds.  Poor little baby shearwaters.  Being eaten before they even learn to fly.  (Of course, gulls eat them too.)

Edited by Marblehead

That actually looks and sounds pretty darned good.

:blink:

Dont tell me  Mutton bird and chips look good to you too   .... please dont tell me that !

MuttonBird.jpg

I had to look up the mutton birds.  Poor little baby shearwaters.  Being eaten before they even learn to fly.  (Of course, gulls eat them too.)

... and of course , gulls love chips too 

http-inlinethumb25.webshots.com-3032-239

img_13751.jpg

Errrmmm , someone should tell him not to eat them sideways. 

.... of course, if hot chips are not available, one can always substitute with potato chips

gull.gif

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Sure, that mutton bird and chips look good.

Gulls are amongst the greatest of opportunists.

And many have learned the ways of man and take advantage of us.

Well Marblehead, all I can say is, if we were ever in army together we would get along ... as my profession is a caterer .... and you seem happy to eat whatever I can 'serve up'     :D

( I dont suppose the army was where you developed your palette .... hmmmm  ?    ;)  ) 

• Like 1

Well Marblehead, all I can say is, if we were ever in army together we would get along ... as my profession is a caterer .... and you seem happy to eat whatever I can 'serve up'     :D

( I dont suppose the army was where you developed your palette .... hmmmm  ?    ;)  ) 

And what added to that is that whenever I was stationed outside the USA I would, as often as possible, go out into the local population and mingle, and eat their food.  (Well. not "their" food; I bought my own.)

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

That reminded me .... eating others food.

A friend of mine got banned from one of the cafes in town.  A couple of times we commented how people leave so much food on their plate uneaten. One time this guy hardly touched his lunch and and gets up and walks off, so my friend thinks, what a waste, and goes over there and sits down and starts eating it,

Then the guy comes back from the toilet .     ^_^

• Like 1

What were those orange bits,   in with the scallops? that went in the thing floating with red sauce ,,made of ? on the green puddle of , green ?

The little fried shearwater is actually surprisingly sad to me ,, but the other stuff looks like good solid home cookin. 

Not as delicately fancy as the Hun tun, but more of a 'shoveling in the face' meal. 

Won tons we get are like flabby ravioli with nothing inside:)

Edited by Stosh

What were those orange bits,   in with the scallops?

Parts of the scallops   :unsure:  

that went in the thing floating with red sauce ,,made of ? on the green puddle of , green ?

A pie floater is the ' cuisine '  of Adelaide - a 'meat' pie upside down in a bowl of pea soup with tomato sauce (ketchup)  on top. 

In Tassie their twist on a pie floater is to use a pie stuffed with scallops  .

The little fried shearwater is actually surprisingly sad to me ,, but the other stuff looks like good solid home cookin. 

Not as delicately fancy as the Hun tun, but more of a 'shoveling in the face' meal. 

Won tons we get are like flabby ravioli with nothing inside:)

I tried to find a pic but couldnt. When I went to tasmania ( loooong ago) they had these little roadside stalls selling muttonbirds in brine, like the little stalls some country places have by the roadside selling fruit and veg. They were tiny, collapsing, sold evil looking produce and all seemed to be manned by the same guy; beer gut, black hair, dirty and greasy, navy blue singlet and shorts (with the singlet out so it looked like he had no shorts) and gum boots .   Either they are all 'related' or that's a 'guild uniform'  . 

• Like 1

I didnt know scallops had bright orange bits, never saw them that way. I guess we cut that off... then again I never thought of them as Meat, either. But one thing I am very certain on , Ketchup is not Tomato Sauce ! It is ketchup , and only Ever! Ketchup. :)

Sign in to follow this