eye_of_the_storm

Piercing/ Body Modifications and Subtle Energy Effects

Piercing and installing metal "decoration" does change energy flow, but most people do not really pierce on ear acupuncture points on lobe.

Much more serious impedence is from deep surgery scars - such as women get right across Conception Vessel for abdominal/reproductive organ surgery, or when people get some arm or leg surgery on joints and tendons.

Qi flow become blocked from organ, function usually slows down, organ becomes more likely to accumulate excess - which can help produce various cysts, tumors, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

VonK,

I've read/heard that acupuncture can re-establish the energy flow across or around scars... Is this your experience?

Edited by cheya

Re:

-----

"I've read/heard that acupuncture can re-establish the energy flow across or around scars... Is this your experience?"

-----

Yes, to some degree - but this requires ongoing treatments, because the scar is staying.

Same way compensating with Qigong - it is possible to deal with scar area something like we would with an area of hard to flow chi - like massaging base of skull area to get chi flowing up into the head from the back if someone having trouble making small circulation. Problem is that this chi flow may unblock, but scar blocking is a hard physical impediment that remains in place ongoing.

Sometimes new surgery could help if it reduces or eliminate scar. But person would be cautious, knowing surgery caused initial problem and surgeons vary in skill - iatrogenic harm is now #1 cause of death.

Also, dietary approach, dispersing hardnesses, can over time help this condition by making flow and functions best possible in every other way.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

Implications..

hmnn, cut off your ear and you die in a few seconds of massive system failure. -_-

kidding.

Such points may be stimulative, but there are so many points, on each finger and toe and throughout the body that I don't think a hole or two would stop flows.  Especially on someone who's done some energy training work. 

Still, it'd be interesting to see if masters have found out otherwise. 

Edited by thelerner

In many cultures, the point for the eyes on the earlobe is pierced in children before age 8 and earrings are permanently worn in order to safeguard lifelong healthy eyesight.  It is not efficient if done later.

Scars along Conception Vessel do not interfere with the flow of qi and any of the functions if healed properly, because the body establishes a new meridian to the left or to the right of the scar.  Scars across the Conception Vessel (as in Caesarean) are a different matter altogether -- these do indeed cut the flow, and this may not self-repair and may or may not be fixed with acupuncture later.

Scarring for purposes of healing is traditionally used when "traceless" acupuncture is not efficient, and usually accomplished with deep moxa burns and/or assorted therapeutic lacerations, some of which are meant to leave a scar intentionally.  The scar, strategically administered, is akin to a permanently inserted needle (or earring) and is used when continuous stimulation is indicated.  I've seen many scalpel-like implements for this purpose in a museum of acupuncture in China.   Of course, like with superficial acupuncture, one has to know what one is doing.  Therapeutic scarring went out of medical fashion in the West mostly because it was severely abused by the medical profession in the 18th and 19th centuries and practiced preferentially on infants (the term was "blistering") because adults had a say in it and usually said no.  Eventually some parents decided that if they don't want to do it to themselves, maybe they should think twice before doing it to even the most annoyingly crying babies -- blistering was so painful it could send an adult into a shock -- but infants in shock just went quiet, stopped crying, and if they survived, which they sometimes did, the doctor was thought of as having helped instantly and expertly -- for the baby did shut up.  But too many were dying, so eventually it was noticed. 

The method used by Western doctors was barbaric and torturous, with zero therapeutic value -- however, when administered with full understanding of the subtle anatomy, it is still successfully practiced in hospitals in China.  Random scars can indeed create blockages, but non-random ones can remove them. 

• Like 2

I've read in the Svoboda's trilogy "Aghora" that Nath yogis used to wear special earrings in a specific point of the ear for energetic reasons.

2058.jpg

Hm interesting stuff...

Now I wonder at circumcision and it's energetic effects?

Interesting! :D

Circumcision is more complex than piercing ear. Although there are "points" and "reflexology" in the structure and function of the various parts and sections of the penis - too much for this thread maybe.

The purpose of this cutting is to force the baby to "mature" faster physically and hormonally. Normally, penis is remaining covered, protected from much stimulation, and retracts slower over time. Of course, this is not real maturity of any kind, but this is how I describe the physiological intention and result. Also, this is a very painful, almost "primal", trauma for the baby. This is intended to produce a "soldier" earlier in life.

Second purpose is that this makes the penis into a plunger, which is "useful" to conquering people in more ancient time - it pushes out previous sperm from woman, which just comes out instead of being retained by the foreskin bunching up. It means when the king's male soldier rapes an "enemy" woman, her husband's sperm is removed first. Related to modern idea of "sperm competition".

None of this is natural or "healthy", but is just ways of looking for advantages for competition. And this one does change energy flow, both in individual and in masses or "society".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

While I'm not a penisologist, I do own one and I don't think your second reasoning is on target.  The plunger affect happens whether an (erect) penis is circumcised or not ie same shape.  Plus I don't think the ancients were sophisticated enough to make a connection between a foreskin and more efficient rape. (ie by removing the babies foreskin in 25 years when the kid is raping, he'll have a 30% greater chance of the woman not having someone else's baby if she's recently had sex with someone else)   That's too far a reach and it wouldn't work; same plunger style regardless of foreskin.  (Circumcision does keep the weiner cleaner and offers a little protection against veneral disease)

My guess is its origin was to differentiate from other tribes.  Radical move, other tribes have tattoo's, we're even tougher.. we cut off our own foreskins, try topping that you other bronze age tribes.. one theory at least. 

• Like 2

My guess is its origin was to differentiate from other tribes.  Radical move, other tribes have tattoo's, we're even tougher.. we cut off our own foreskins, try topping that you other bronze age tribes.. one theory at least. 

Another theory could be that the visible gland was associated with a state of sexual arousal which -in battle- would signify a trance of sacred berserk-warlike frenzy.

A mighty warrior in trance state would have an erected penis in battle.

From this, they thought that a circumcised man grows with a strong temperament, prone to warfare with a strong urge to fight: this is the primordial ideal of manhood.

In addition, we know that the berserk state was considered sacred by the german tribes: circumcision is also a sacred commandment from God himself.

In the bible we can read what God said to Abraham (genesis 17):

"I am God Almighty[a]; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. 2 Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers."

To walk before God faithfully and be blameless was the sayings of warlords: to walk means to march.

This is a call of war.

“As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham,[c] for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.

This is a promise of victory over all enemies from God.

More sons means more soldiers.

Kings are conquerors.

God clearly speaks of the land of Canaan which will be conquered.

Then, God commands circumcision of every soldier to fulfil this promise:

"As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you."

This covenant is about military success and circumcision is the sign of this supremacy in war.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

for whatever reason, poor babyboys...

but I've always thought that it was done for reasons of cleanliness. 

That living in the desert and the risk of getting sand in that sensitive area, with inflammation as result. When that inflammation spreads to the women the fertility of the group is endangered.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"but I've always thought that it was done for reasons of cleanliness."

-----

This has often been claimed, but if you research this in depth I am confident you will see that there is no medical reason for it.

There is an interesting chapter about circumcision in Carlo Suares' "The Cipher of Genesis" explaining another common idea, and I feel that even this is just a concocted explaination which, like the "cleanliness" claim, is not accurate.

-VonKrankenhaus

It's never been of much interest to me but i thought it a reasonable explanation.

But I've become more sensitive through my life of the consequences of hurt to babies and small children, how pervasive the effects can be.  What i said, poor babyboys ( and even more poor babygirls, but that's another story...)

so the above mentioned explanation makes sense to me, and i do not like it one bit...

My boy had problems in that area when he was a very small boy. One doctor said he needed to be circumcised, i didn't want it, another doctor ( a wiser one) told me "teach your little boy to play with it, so that he can slowly stretch it."

worked perfectly  :D

?

After presenting these results to a neurologist, it was interpreted that the circumcision process had inflicted extreme trauma on the boy, so much so that his entire sense of reasoning, perception and emotions were thrown off kilter. And follow-up tests conducted one day, one week and one month after surgery revealed that these changes were permanent -- the circumcised boy's brain would likely never return to its normal baseline configuration.

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

I think that to objectively measure psychological effects on the sense of reasoning, perception and emotions of an individual, we are bound to rely on instruments and procedures as accurate as the clap-o-meter (also known as applause-o-meter).

Much of the time, people have a psychological  trauma just because doctors tell them that they're supposed to have one.

Our ancestors lived in terrible conditions, enduring wars, famine, pestilence, experiencing suffering ... yet, they was never even vaguely able to describe maladies and illness that could be associated with what we call "thrauma".

Edited by Cheshire Cat

For scars, one of the most effective treatments is myofascial work. Essentially when a scar forms, it causes all kinds of collagen fiber cross-hatching, which binds the myofascia and disrupts the flow of energy through the connective tissue, 'pulling' on far-away areas of myofascia much like pulling on a single piece of yarn will warp the shape of a sweater. So using the various techniques within myofascial massage over time to spread and separate the fibrosities which form will return normal energy flow to and through the area. As far as piercings, I have my ears gaged and my nose pierced. If metal in the skin does effect chi disruption, it seems that a high level qigong master should know...does anyone know any?

Re:

-----

"If metal in the skin does effect chi disruption, it seems that a high level qigong master should know...does anyone know any?"

-----

I have only been doing qigong for about 45 years, but I can state that wearing metal in the skin does have effect on qi flow. And depending on what one is trying to do, they might want to remove those before doing some things involving healing, and also qi projection. I have seen people with body modifications, both via surgey and also fashion, develop qi stagnations downflow of the scar or object - organ stagnation, cysts, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

I have my ears gaged, but the area is the ear lobe, which didn't show up as being anything on the maps of the acupuncture points on the ear....if there are no points here, can it affect anything? I also have my nose pierced on the side....there are many Tibetan thangkas which show Buddhas with stretched ear lobes....I would tend to think that the lobe is safe

Edited by Songtsan

Re:

-----

"I have my ears gaged, but the area is the ear lobe, which didn't show up as being anything on the maps of the acupuncture points on the ear....if there are no points here, can it affect anything?"

-----

This being "gaged" - this is putting really big ear ring in really big hole in ear?

I have only just recently see this close up, as I am now teaching someone with this sort of thing.

From initial observation I have some small ideas, but I will wait until I have a complete observation - then I will look at others I see to confirm what is happening only from this ear thing and not some other common thing being done by similar "demographic", etc.

So, I am looking. I will return to this thread with observation.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

the metals I will be wearing are silver plated  w/ gold...right now I just have stainless steel...

Edited by Songtsan

I'll try to revive this old topic. If piercings/earrings affect the qi flow, could wearing a very conductive metal as gold or copper help it? Of course qi is not simply a bioelectromagnetic field, but since Dr. Yang partially refers to it as such, why not to try?:rolleyes: