Songtsan

Can we change the title of the pit?

Eye Appeal is Half the Meal.....words are spells, they can create great changes in our bliss/suffering dichotomies. The label 'The Pit' and the associated description, such as 'its dark and smelly in' is direct propoganda to make one want to avoid taking the chance of being shunted to the dirty basement, and its blatant conditioning to make someone feel that certain feeling/expressions are unnaccetbale and thus not sacred and of value

Our mods are not enlightened enough to make anything other than knee-reaction programmed decisons which ae based on memes and programmed social norms. We need more Freedom of expression here - without the judging and compartmenalization which is so rampant.

Speaking your mind, even if it not PC, is an expression of a persons heartmind and it should be better treated here. I am not talking about people who are merely trolling and playing games without any sense of caring how people may be negativeky affected. I am talking about postings by people which stem from an honest expression of their pain, fear, feeling judged and ridiculed. We are people here, not avatars. Stop pretending to be some perfect already enlightened compassionate being. If someone else isn't there yet, their expessions should be valued as their state of being while on the path. It has equal value whe someone comes in criticizing, questioning the dominant theories which people are brainwashed into.

Its classism pure and simply. It ceates a divisiveness between us and is tainted with divisiveness which creates dis-ease in the community.

A simple creation of a forum called, 'controversial subjects' with sub forums with various names such 'Rants and Raves' which could have threads like 'Why I don't like such and such system' or 'this member is an en energetic vampire' could be here. Another sub forum could be 'drugs and spirituality.'

If a person joins and isn't at least 18, maybe they should not be allowed in there.

It is clear that many members of this site would like to have more freedom to 'be themselves here,' - the site seems to be partial (I.e. disciriminatory) to members of certain personas and expressions.

Keeping the forum separate would provide a safe wall which would insure that the main forum would still appear to.be a safe, calm place.

Controversial issues and people are happy to engage in high energy exchanges which can involve intense criticism of other members of groups. If labels and insults come up, we can easily rephrase them. For example, if I call someone an idiot, I could rephrase it to say that I think they lack the proper background, experiences, and ability too grok the issue.

Edited by Songtsan

My personal opinion on this is that this website has enough forums and subforums to accomodate anyone who is here to participate in conversations related to the broadbrush heading of 'spiritualism'.

Renaming the Pit wouldn't change anything and I don't think this is the place for the kind of dumping grounds I think you're describing, Songstan. The internet is overflowing with that kind of website and I say let TDB remain the little island of relative sanity it is now.

Also, the kind of subsections you're describing would require a lot of monitoring, and who is going to do that?

• Like 2

My personal opinion on this is that this website has enough forums and subforums to accomodate anyone who is here to participate in conversations related to the broadbrush heading of 'spiritualism'.

Renaming the Pit wouldn't change anything and I don't think this is the place for the kind of dumping grounds I think you're describing, Songstan. The internet is overflowing with that kind of website and I say let TDB remain the little island of relative sanity it is now.

Also, the kind of subsections you're describing would require a lot of monitoring, and who is going to do that?

and its not 'dumping' - its expressing hidden/repressed/suppressed fears/paranoias/etc. so that they can be brought to light, examined, realized for what they are, and transcended. It's a record of the actual experience that people all over the world go through in their heads - which might gel with someone else's experience upon reading it and teach them a thing or two, or spark a conversation between two people who are alike in nature and might have an affinity for each other's views/experiences

• Like 1

I would, of course.

Hehehe.  Stating the obvious.

The only problem I have with the Pit is that we cannot start new threads in that sub-forum.  (I think that is still a restriction.)

• Like 2

I also think that your desire for calm/sanity is an illness - you are averse to experiencing or hearing about suffering. That is not the way - too avoid nature is not of the Tao. Nature is suffering and bliss wrapped into one.

• Like 1

Hehehe.  Stating the obvious.

The only problem I have with the Pit is that we cannot start new threads in that sub-forum.  (I think that is still a restriction.)

Thank you my fellow anarchist....The Pit is simply not treated right. It's growth is being curtailed by fear and aversion. it's very name is an attempt to avoid the bitter dregs of Reality. In order to completely accept reality, you must eat it all. You must see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and experience the EVIL/DARK/YIN/CHAOS parts of the world in order to understand it. Never shrink from the face that you see in front of you, be it yourself or someone else, including me. If you reject, you automatically create an equal and opposite reaction in another, but you also simultaneously create an equal rejection of your own self, for all selves are all the same. This is in accords with Daoist principles.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

I also think that your desire for calm/sanity is an illness - you are averse to experiencing or hearing about suffering. That is not the way - too avoid nature is not of the Tao. Nature is suffering and bliss wrapped into one.

Hehehe.  You surely aren't talking about me here.

• Like 1

Thank you my fellow anarchist....The Pit is simply not treated right. It's growth is being curtailed by fear and aversion. it's very name is an attempt to avoid the bitter dregs of Reality. In order to completely accept reality, you must eat it all. You must see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and experience the EVIL/DARK/YIN/CHAOS parts of the world in order to understand it. Never shrink from the face that you see in front of you, be it yourself or someone else, including me. If you reject, you automatically create an equal and opposite reaction in another, but you also simultaneously create an equal rejection of your own self, for all selves all the same. This is in accords with Daoist principles.

Good thoughts and concepts in that post.  Reality is the rose flower AND the rose thorn.  Admire the flower, respect the thorn.

• Like 1

Good thoughts and concepts in that post.  Reality is the rose flower AND the rose thorn.  Admire the flower, respect the thorn.

There is a price for every pleasure. Nothing is as bittersweet as this place and time, for we all have hate and love in our hearts intertwined.

There is a price for every pleasure.

Cost/benefit analysis.  That's why I stopped getting married.  Costs outweighed the benefits.

Nothing is as bittersweet as this place and time, for we all have hate and love in our hearts intertwined.

Ah!  Love and hate.  I wish I could say that I am beyond that duality but if I said it it would be a lie.

I had to leave my home yesterday to take care of some business and got pissed off because someone was trying to fuck with my money. 

I never get pissed off when I stay home.

I rarely get pissed off here on this board.  People making personal insults against another member here pisses me off.  For me, disagreements are normal and expected.

• Like 2

I rarely get pissed off here on this board.  People making personal insults against another member here pisses me off.

And for the ones who need to take it that far, the Pit, the way it is, is just fine, IMO. I, for one, like the humorous title.

Although I like Songtsun's anarchistic spirit too. :)

For me, disagreements are normal and expected.

Constructive debates are an important function of forums. :excl:

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

I think demons are repressed passive aggressive selves that have been shut down and built up pressure and then become forces of nature within the self....when let loose they do what they original intent was planned.

So, for example....if you feel a strong urge to punch someone in the face, but suppress it, you actually had a production of signaling molecules or thought expressions which were formed to create that action.

Should you keep the ammo in check, it still runs around in the system, perhaps becoming refined or added to as similar situations create like desire/intents.

They become 'karmic burdens' as they were mind-created executioners (of functions) which take on personalities of demons (desires to kill, enslave, rape, steal, etc. - little micro programs encapsulated - like little robots you created to fulfill missions)....however if they are kept in check/held back, they start to conglomerate and form personalities within the matrix of available personalities, and are part of a 'Legion' of available demons within.

Basically I am saying that each person is a God, can will the creation of thought-constructs within their own Universe

After all the universe is simply the sum of all that is known and out there (the little Universe)

Each Human being is a miniature Universe, with their 'I' God-head creator, and all the little other selves that it creates daily...

So all the selves I create (including my representations of you guys) have their own little personalities

So thats the microverse.

Then you have the macroverse of beings - infinite little microverses all communicating and interacting with eachother....

• Like 2

I think demons are repressed passive aggressive selves that have been shut down and built up pressure and then become forces of nature within the self....when let loose they do what they original intent was planned.

So, for example....if you feel a strong urge to punch someone in the face, but suppress it, you actually had a production of signaling molecules or thought expressions which were formed to create that action.

Should you keep the ammo in check, it still runs around in the system, perhaps becoming refined or added to as similar situations create like desire/intents.

They become 'karmic burdens' as they were mind-created executioners (of functions) which take on personalities of demons (desires to kill, enslave, rape, steal, etc. - little micro programs encapsulated - like little robots you created to fulfill missions)....however if they are kept in check/held back, they start to conglomerate and form personalities within the matrix of available personalities, and are part of a 'Legion' of available demons within.

Basically I am saying that each person is a God, can will the creation of thought-constructs within their own Universe

After all the universe is simply the sum of all that is known and out there (the little Universe)

Each Human being is a miniature Universe, with their 'I' God-head creator, and all the little other selves that it creates daily...

So all the selves I create (including my representations of you guys) have their own little personalities

So thats the microverse.

Then you have the macroverse of beings - infinite little microverses all communicating and interacting with eachother....

That's all very insightful.

Do you believe there are external demons as well?

But of course!

The yous and mes outside and the yous and mes inside...and then their are all the other levels/frequencies of which we are unaware of too, who knows what's going on there?

Inside is outside and outside is inside.

Locality is a choice made by gods

• Like 1

you seem to be getting exactly what you want right here in the tech forum. So much so, in fact, that this thread will probably be split soon. The question is ... where to? :-)

• Like 1

you seem to be getting exactly what you want right here in the tech forum. So much so, in fact, that this thread will probably be split soon. The question is ... where to? :-)

Well, it would have to go to the Pit, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Well, it would have to go to the Pit, wouldn't it?

haha, that would be ironic, but no, of course not. The Pit is where really contentious things end up, you know that.

• Like 1

haha you guys are funny...I'm just being myself is all. Its my nature to be myself and whatnot! ;)

• Like 2

The Pit is the dumping ground of threads which have not stayed within what we expect of them (title and posts) for community edification.  It is the landfill.  There is yet another lower level of Dante's seven circles... The Abyss... only staff see the best of the best worst of the worst.

TDB is not about just meeting one person's need to express their darkness. If someone thinks we need it here, then they are looking too small. There is an entire internet to try and satisfy ALL needs of online users.  TDB is one cog in the wheel which works among forums worldwide.

As for the name... Dark Energy, Dark Matter...   

"The Pit" serves as a reminder of why something got there.   It is not intended to be a place to discuss dark matter.

What your asking is already available in a PPD... it is your blog space; your haven for saying anything the way you want it.

You can have sub-forums named however you want.   You control that Oasis.  I would lay back on your PPD Island, order your cocktail of choice and write the blog of choice.  Bask in your expressions there.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think I can do better than this place...I will not waste any more time/energy/love in this obviously corrupted site.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think I can do better than this place...I will not waste any more time/energy/love in this obviously corrupted site.

All of this forums members are volunteers not conscripts. Those who are here should want to be here either to receive knowledge or to give it. It is what it is and those who do not like it or feel that they do not fit in can simply leave.

This would be classed as rational behaviour. To rant and rave because things are not to your liking is the work of a disordered mind.

• Like 4

Yes... we were corrupt enough to give you a second chance... and your own Oasis of a PPD  :)

Beggars can't be choosers   ;)

• Like 1