roger

non-dualistic relationship with self

I think a healed relationship with self is a non-dualistic relationship with self.

Everyone already has a non-dualistic relationship with themselves, they just don't recognize it.

The you that is the observer and the you that is the observed are the same you.

The you that is loving yourself and the you that you're loving are the same you.

Every part of the individual is one with every other part. Every part is the same life as every other part.

• Like 3

a programmer watching his program run is not the same as that program which can be changed or deleted in comparison.  (thus Spirit is not the same as a mental dealy-bob or thing which can be changed or deleted)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

...further the programmer and his program have a connection, not unlike the Tao and the ten-thousand have a connection yet neither the programmer nor the Tao (when using such an analogy) are limited by connection to a particular program or to a particular form of the ten-thousand.  (as alluded to in T.T.C. 43 with "Only Nothing can enter into no-space")

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

3bob, I agree.

I think there's two ways of looking at it, both valid.

You said the programmer and the program are not the same, but that they have a connection.

I think in the sense that they're not the same, the observer is not the observed. But in the sense that they have a connection, they're the same.

Krishnamurti says, when you realize that the observer is the observed, that you ARE your anger, fear, violence and so on, you can be free of them.

Eckhart Tolle teaches, when you see that you are NOT your negative emotions (that the observer is not the same as the observed), when you no longer identify with them, you can be free.

It's just two different ways of putting it.

The way I like to think of it is the metaphor of an actor.

In the sense that Harrison Ford WAS Han Solo, the observer is the observed. In the sense that he WAS NOT, the observer is not the observed. Exactly like what you said about the connection, but not being limited by it.

Roger, I still disagree in the sense that a permutation or multiple series of such even though connected to source - is not the same as the non-permutated "source".  (if you want to go at from that angle?)

• Like 1