Josama

The importance of service on the path to enlightenment

Hello there,

How many of you guys out there are actually being 'of service'? I found that helping people is actually the best method to supplement any spiritual practice as it's probably the best way to open the spine. Not to mention that it greatly improves one's Karma.

What do you think?

Edited by Josama
  • Like 2

Magnificent practice - it can change your life.

I find that it has opened my heart and reconnected me with my work and relationships.

No better way to put the ego in its proper place.

• Like 2

it's probably the best way to open the spine.

...because you're bowing all the time? Or bending over backwards to help people? :P

• Like 4

...because you're bowing all the time? Or bending over backwards to help people? :P

The energy centers on the front of our body have the function of 'taking in' while those on the spine have the function of 'giving'. Most people are takers only, which means that there spine is closed. The best way to open the spine is not by trying to work on the blockages if you don't have an awakend kundalini or a teacher on who's energy you can draw. By giving, giving and giving some more this is the fastest way to open the spine.

Sorry for not clarifying.

Edited by Josama
  • Like 1

Don't be sorry. I was just being silly. Though that is interesting info, so thanks for the clarification.

So...exactly what kind of giving are you talking about? Everyday good deeds? Working in a soup kitchen? Doctors without borders? Donating one's fortune to charity?

I've done the odd good deed here and there, and it's certainly nice to make people smile, but I've never had the strong urge to volunteer my time for charity or anything. Perhaps I should...

Don't be sorry. I was just being silly. Though that is interesting info, so thanks for the clarification.

So...exactly what kind of giving are you talking about? Everyday good deeds? Working in a soup kitchen? Doctors without borders? Donating one's fortune to charity?

I've done the odd good deed here and there, and it's certainly nice to make people smile, but I've never had the strong urge to volunteer my time for charity or anything. Perhaps I should...

It depends on your abilities and character. It's actually important to help people that are in similar situation as yourself. Say if you were bullied in school then helping those that are in the same situation is easiest and most beneficial.

If you are a person that likes to make people laugh like Jim Carrey than you could do that, making people laugh is actually a form of service, too.

If you are a person who sucks at talking face to face like myself than using the internet might actually be the best option. You could make your own website to help people. Or you can do the same on twitter, youtube or any other site. This is the age of the internet so why not use it to our advantage?

Being of service is really about spreading Light(love and joy)

However, it's more than that even. Don't think that by giving all the time you get nothing in return. It's opposite, we get what we have.(david hawkins) If we give the people love then that's what we get in return. If we give them confidence we get confidence etc

Furthermore when giving we experience a big detachment of attachments. When we spread love and happinness(light) that's what we will get. That will actually give us a satisfaction that no other thing can provide not even drugs or sex. Not to mention that it makes you strong and humble. It develops 'backbone'

The options for helping people are endless. If you are serious about going through with it just ask yourself :what are my strengths that I can use to help people?

Who do I want to help? And how do I want to help them?, face to face, internet messaging or indirectly,(raising donations etc)?...

Edited by Josama
  • Like 1

When we fill the energy centers with qi, this can also have the effect of attachment, leading to hoarding, separating, and closing off to others. We become stagnant in our connection to our environment and this is mirrored internally.

Hence the importance of emptiness. Though surrendering our attachments, desires, all that the ego holds dear, we come to empty ourselves of everything, even as we turn the light around and receive everything, thus attaining equilibrium and refining into purity. On our path in the world, we rest upon what we encounter, dissolving our fate, yielding to remain whole, nurturing through emptiness, radiating trust, dao, in all directions. As we shine dao through all that shades it, we become of service to dao.

• Like 1

When we fill the energy centers with qi, this can also have the effect of attachment, leading to hoarding, separating, and closing off to others. We become stagnant in our connection to our environment and this is mirrored internally.

Hence the importance of emptiness. Though surrendering our attachments, desires, all that the ego holds dear, we come to empty ourselves of everything, even as we turn the light around and receive everything, thus attaining equilibrium and refining into purity. On our path in the world, we rest upon what we encounter, dissolving our fate, yielding to remain whole, nurturing through emptiness, radiating trust, dao, in all directions. As we shine dao through all that shades it, we become of service to dao.

Wow, this is great, thank you :)

Edited by Josama

Don't forget the service to yourself is also being of service to others.

Because if you allow yourself to be yourself as fully as you can be, you allow everyone to be themselves more fully aswell. That is the biggest service you can provide them. The service of a leader. The leader rides the wave of preferences that exude from their followers, and a day will come when the followers will exude a preference to become leaders themselves. "As the people shall lead, the leaders shall follow."

Being of service to the self is equally of self service to others, and vice versa.

Service is for good benefit, being of good benefit is the natural inclination of creation, to exude its value, without condition. Infinity co-creating with infinity is the natural way of life. It is the harmonious state of being. That is where all balance will return to. It is the highest balance. The irresistable.

Edited by Everything