Sign in to follow this  
Everything

What happens if we die?

CT', Get off it - "logical" per your parameters that are mostly related to your understanding, (quotes or no quotes) which btw. may or may not be all that applicable per the general forum and even among or per debates among various schools of Buddhism - thus your personal and as demonstrated non-flexible beliefs which come across habitually even in the general forum!

CT', Get off it - "logical" per your parameters that are mostly related to your understanding, (quotes or no quotes) which btw. may or may not be all that applicable per the general forum and even among or per debates among various schools of Buddhism - thus your personal and as demonstrated non-flexible beliefs which come across habitually even in the general forum!

Do i sense that you are taking this to a personal level, in that you are arrogantly admonishing me on my posting style here? 

well one of your high horse type of posts proclaimed that that of another was non-sense which btw was fed back to you in another post as a possible example for reflection on your state of demonstrated and thus factual arrogance.  (so again, get off it) 

"If we die " ... ?   Don't you mean 'when' ?

Here is a different perspective:

" When I die  ... I come to earth ...

I'll be buried here.

I'll be with my brother, my mother...

I'll become earth again.

I belong to this earth.

And earth should stay with us.

Tree the same as me.

When he get old he'll die.

He'll be dead and burn.

He'll leave his ashes behind.

Tree becomes earth.

When I die, I become skeleton,

I'll be in cave.

That way my spirit stay there.

... his shadow, his spirit,

will stay with him.

... this piece of ground,

he grow you.

Soon my bones become earth ...

all the same.

My spirit has gone back to my country ...

my mother. 

... and you'll be coming to earth.

You'll be part of earth when you die.

... You got to go with us ...

to earth. " 

billneidjie.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

For most people dying is the scariest thing. And the reason it naturally scares most people is due to the deeply embedded memories of confusion and all manner of torment carried here from previous death experiences. If not for these memories people wont be trying so hard to be spiritual and do all kinds of practice and stuff to get back on track. Very few people die happy. 

I would have thought the main natural  reason for most people would be the 'self - preservation instinct' ? 

Sometimes, in these topics, I see people who believe that there's no deeper purpose to life or reality. That life just is, and that's all there is to it. Like waves coming and going on a beach.

But if that's true then why do things generally move to higher complexity?

'Matter' can be 'alive' and tend to complexity or inert and tend to 'disorganisation'  - two expressions of a central 'concept' .

" evolutionists [came to] believe organic evolution to be the negation of physical evolution." 

http://www.entropylaw.com/thermoevolution1.html

well one of your high horse type of posts proclaimed that that of another was non-sense which btw was fed back to you in another post as a possible example for reflection on your state of demonstrated and thus factual arrogance.  (so again, get off it) 

The contents of that post was pure gibberish. Maybe thats what you relate to, its fine. 

Perhaps you were offended that i did not respond to your post. The reason for the absence of a response was because (as per usual) you write in such uniquely baffling ways, drawing upon material from such a variety of sources that makes it rather jumbled and often incoherent. 

Your assumptions are your own problem, so grow up, and learn to deal with them sensibly, and meanwhile, please look at your own substance before glancing around to tell me about your dissatisfaction (of my posts) when you cannot even present yours properly. 

CT. your last post is just another example of your creepy comment problems , so again get off it.  

Edited by 3bob

CT. your last post is just another example of your creepy comment problems , so again get off it.  

Its great to see you are doggedly doing your policing rounds again, 3bob. Admirable habit. 

There is life, and there is more life. Guess which one the dead camel expresses. Guess which one the depth of the ocean expresses. Guess which one the stream of abounding stars, galaxies and energy expresses.

Edited by Everything

It would then seem that our individualized spirits can be recycled like that via the spacetime vortex that can not be seen but is the impersonal energy creation process itself. When we have visions of the future - that is our own personal recycling of our present perceptions - recycled and cleansed into the Emptiness via an astral realm of stronger perceptions - a higher dimension so to speak. And so when the future then "happens" and it is just a repeat of what we already experienced - thereby enabling us to be emotionally prepared for it - then our spirit is not damaged by the experience and we remain in the blissful being state that is eternally creating new energy.

that makes sense, thanks.

our spirit is constantly active in the subtle realm, though when we go to sleep, our awareness shifts from the physical to subconscious. there is another world where spirits interact. if a person's soul has not developed awareness of the subtle realm, it has no control over the "dream".

you can see a whole mixture of people's experiences being recycled when in the sleep state. there are also beings that have completely shifted their awareness into the subconscious realm, so are 100% in control, while us are tied to the physical body.

so enough awareness is not kept on the body it dies. that's why a lot of OBE/NDE end up with an unprecedented instant shift back into the body

There is life, and there is more life. Guess which one the dead camel expresses. Guess which one the depth of the ocean expresses. Guess which one the stream of abounding stars, galaxies and energy expresses.

boy you are hungry on life :)

• Like 1

MH, that could be nice but its to bad that our karmic tendencies might get passed on to other mind streams :o

• Like 1

MH, that could be nice but its to bad that our karmic tendencies might get passed on to other mind streams :o

When two creative minds converge their creations, their creations becomes very infectious. It may be very inspiring to many people. So I believe good will come out of it. And it will be a fun experience to be had. Both perspectives are always leaning towards more life. If you stand out of your own way, the magic will be let happen. Let the flow and magic happen, go with it, and it will lead you on a wonderful journey of majestic revelations.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"If we will simply no longer exist, what's the point of our being created, out of nothing, and returning to nothing."

-----

We appeared, as everything has.

What are we?

If we are appearing from "Nothing", then we must be "Something".

Isn't Everything Something?

If ultimately we are Nothing, then we are this originator or creator, now appearing as "Something".

Looking around, didn't we give ourself Everything?

Since we gave Everything, are we not responsible for Everything? We are response-able.

The Response: We must be grateful. We must fully appreciate.

Isn't this what Life is?

Could this be any different when we "die"?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

When they die CT and 3bob will become friends.

and be reborn as husband and wife  .... if they dont watch it ! 

• Like 2

Maybe, if you can be unattached to it and let it go ......  

Think about it though, if we didn't die we would have to spend eternity worrying about all the things we worry about.

I'm pretty sure there will be nothing to worry about after we die.

• Like 1

"What happens if we die?"

If??  I didn't know not dying was an option. 

I've suspected some of the deeper aspects of dreamwork might give some answers to death.  

• Like 1

Worry less about dying and more about living. The former we have no control over, the latter we at least have an illusion of control over. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this