Sign in to follow this  
Everything

What happens if we die?

I do not even know what happens when we sleep. Research goes, dreams are actually happening in the waking state. Deep sleep looks kinda dead. But it rejuvinates like nothing else, like it is the Source of life. If wei wu wei cannot be done, death cannot be done. Perhaps it is something that is far bigger than us. And the Source of us. In Dao, the source of existance is non-existance. So probably, we will cease to exist if we die. However, the question is, who will cease to exist. Me? What is left if I cease to exist. Perhaps a bigger me will become more appearant if I cease to exist.

Do we blend into the soup of being that is the earth and the universe? What about people who believe in resurection? Appearantly, at the least over 1 billion people believe in it. That which ceased to exist, becomes resurected to exist again. How will it know that it did not exist for a while? It wasn't there to recall it. It don't make any sense.

Secondly, the idea of no one ever having returned from death. Either they no longer exist, to return anymore, or they're just having too much fun to even bother returning.

Well, there are couple of people who've died and then when they return, they always speak of it being like heaven, but the mind can make up allot of things. It doesn't have to be true. And in that case, a hell would be equally possible, cursed the resurector.

I certainly never experienced any kind of heaven. My out of body experiences were not particularly fun, all of the time. Some of them were heavenly, others were dull grey and not fun, didn't leave much room to properly breath.

Again, dreams, fantasies, imaginations, its all in the mind. Doesn't mean that's even slightly relevant to what happens when we die. And how we experience it.

The best thing I can do is meditate, but if I meditate, I feel more alive and I feel good. That is not of any help, because I will not be there anymore to even feel those things if I die. Who's gonna feel those things?

If we will simply no longer exist, what's the point of our being created, out of nothing, and returning to nothing. That's like pooping and then eating your own poop.

• Like 3

Oh, fainting is another one of those mysterious things. Where people faint for 1 second, and ask how many hours they've been gone. ,,, Like,,, what>??

Exist=Created=Nothing=Poop=Live=Die

The best thing you can do is:  Exist, Create, Nothing, Poop, Live, Die...

That is the point.

Look at the shrubs growing leaves, flowers, fruit, etc... and they are falling into the ground... seemingly wasted... but can fertilize the soil...  and something next grows.

A new development was just built along a path I drive everyday... I saw the construction raise up the structure and layout the grass... and then, something unexpected 'arose'...

They landscaped the front of the development with a dip which seemed at first glance a true mistake... and in the rainy season, it became a kind of pond... while the adjacent areas were more level and did not collect water.

Over time, there emerged swamp like growth as the collected water would not drain anywhere.  Today I noticed these had grown to enormous heights... in front of a development... and it looks silly as hell... but yet, I ponder what are the conditions for such spontaneous growth...  That is what we are a part of.  JMO

• Like 1

I think the conditions for spontaneous growth is balance. I see the earth spinning around its orbit, to such great precision. And out of that balance, stable core balance of rythm, the symphonies and new variety of harmonies and melodies arise.

Well, whatever happens doesn't matter anymore if we die, I think everything will be good , I think the very act of dying is one of peace, that moment of opening up to everything as you will. Deep sleep is also very peaceful and actually very rejuvinating.

Best of all, we don't have to think so much about dying, just like sleeping, it comes naturally to us :lol:

Well, whatever happens doesn't matter anymore if we die, I think everything will be good , I think the very act of dying is one of peace, that moment of opening up to everything as you will. Deep sleep is also very peaceful and actually very rejuvinating.

Best of all, we don't have to think so much about dying, just like sleeping, it comes naturally to us :lol:

For most people dying is the scariest thing. And the reason it naturally scares most people is due to the deeply embedded memories of confusion and all manner of torment carried here from previous death experiences. If not for these memories people wont be trying so hard to be spiritual and do all kinds of practice and stuff to get back on track. Very few people die happy. 

• Like 1

I do not even know what happens when we sleep. Research goes, dreams are actually happening in the waking state. Deep sleep looks kinda dead. But it rejuvinates like nothing else, like it is the Source of life. If wei wu wei cannot be done, death cannot be done. Perhaps it is something that is far bigger than us. And the Source of us. In Dao, the source of existance is non-existance. So probably, we will cease to exist if we die. However, the question is, who will cease to exist. Me? What is left if I cease to exist. Perhaps a bigger me will become more appearant if I cease to exist.

Do we blend into the soup of being that is the earth and the universe? What about people who believe in resurection? Appearantly, at the least over 1 billion people believe in it. That which ceased to exist, becomes resurected to exist again. How will it know that it did not exist for a while? It wasn't there to recall it. It don't make any sense.

Secondly, the idea of no one ever having returned from death. Either they no longer exist, to return anymore, or they're just having too much fun to even bother returning.

Well, there are couple of people who've died and then when they return, they always speak of it being like heaven, but the mind can make up allot of things. It doesn't have to be true. And in that case, a hell would be equally possible, cursed the resurector.

I certainly never experienced any kind of heaven. My out of body experiences were not particularly fun, all of the time. Some of them were heavenly, others were dull grey and not fun, didn't leave much room to properly breath.

Again, dreams, fantasies, imaginations, its all in the mind. Doesn't mean that's even slightly relevant to what happens when we die. And how we experience it.

The best thing I can do is meditate, but if I meditate, I feel more alive and I feel good. That is not of any help, because I will not be there anymore to even feel those things if I die. Who's gonna feel those things?

If we will simply no longer exist, what's the point of our being created, out of nothing, and returning to nothing. That's like pooping and then eating your own poop.

it depends what perspective your looking from. from a physical perspective yes, your body stops functioning and gets composted like poop, how dawei mentioned. no, it does not rise again to be a zombie or anything of the sort. there is this capitalist religion mormonism or i think, that they propagate if your a good person you will get resurected. but understand that those propagations are driving on peoples fears of dying and losing all their material posession in the first place. it reinforces peoples false beliefs. its likea short way out of it but also has a bigger perspective which ties to the etheric perspective //

of when you die you are welcomed with spiritual propaganda instead of physical. the fact that you havent been doing enough work to see the truth through physicality, your spirit is still asleep and confused from physical life, and is easily coerced by any entity that wish to manipulate. and so there are such things as "contracts" into coming here on earth again. one of the contract terms is to give you a mind wipe and get you started over, because you suposedly have "karma to fix", which is believed to be a lie. karma works more spontaneously and instantly, rather than long term accumulation, but the entities really like scapegoating living things into this cycle for their own energy purposes.

so there are many of these beings that work for this human soul free will negation cycle. they are called "celestial masters / ascended masters / gods / soulkeepers / reapers etc etc depending on your belief system they could show up to you in any form.

so this is the first things that you may experience when you die, from a spiritual perspective. your ability to choose will depend on how spiritually awake you are. tell me if you wanna know more or that rings any bells to you

• Like 1

it depends what perspective your looking from. from a physical perspective yes, your body stops functioning and gets composted like poop, how dawei mentioned. no, it does not rise again to be a zombie or anything of the sort. there is this capitalist religion mormonism or i think, that they propagate if your a good person you will get resurected. but understand that those propagations are driving on peoples fears of dying and losing all their material posession in the first place. it reinforces peoples false beliefs. its likea short way out of it but also has a bigger perspective which ties to the etheric perspective //

of when you die you are welcomed with spiritual propaganda instead of physical. the fact that you havent been doing enough work to see the truth through physicality, your spirit is still asleep and confused from physical life, and is easily coerced by any entity that wish to manipulate. and so there are such things as "contracts" into coming here on earth again. one of the contract terms is to give you a mind wipe and get you started over, because you suposedly have "karma to fix", which is believed to be a lie. karma works more spontaneously and instantly, rather than long term accumulation, but the entities really like scapegoating living things into this cycle for their own energy purposes.

so there are many of these beings that work for this human soul free will negation cycle. they are called "celestial masters / ascended masters / gods / soulkeepers / reapers etc etc depending on your belief system they could show up to you in any form.

so this is the first things that you may experience when you die, from a spiritual perspective. your ability to choose will depend on how spiritually awake you are. tell me if you wanna know more or that rings any bells to you

nonsense

It's easy to ditch something like the christian view on the afterlife as garbage, only to adopt some other spiritual belief just because it sounds more reasonable. It's the same thing though, and just as ignorant. Beliefs are no better than fairy tales. Cheap entertainment.

i know the closed-mindedness of members on this forum, so i rarely do post about it, unless its relevant to OP or someone who already had experience.

thanks for your ignorance anyway

• Like 2

I wasn't at all surprised to see this thread this morning.  You hinted that you had this question just recently in one of your other threads.

However, "What happens when we die?" should be the question.  All of us, our bodily form, will die.  That's a given - one of the processes of Tao.

I've not died yet so I can't tell you what happens after death.  But you know I am a Materialist so I don't really need to go there.

Enjoy it while you have it.  We are, afterall, only the caretaker of our life.  We have no control of its coming and going.

• Like 1

i know the closed-mindedness of members on this forum, so i rarely do post about it, unless its relevant to OP or someone who already had experience.

its good you choose to rarely post about confusing theories. 

• Like 1

Well, Hey!, I often disagree with you too.  But then, you have your opinions and understandings just as I do.  You have that right.  And true it is that I too can be pretty closed-minded but I am open-eared.  I will listen to you before I disagree with you.

What's the matter?  Can't keep up with him?

thanks. you can go back to your chanting now

Well, Hey!, I often disagree with you too.  But then, you have your opinions and understandings just as I do.  You have that right.  And true it is that I too can be pretty closed-minded but I am open-eared.  I will listen to you before I disagree with you.

and thats my respect to you too.

thats why i said i dont post about things that make certain people react emotionaly, it doesnt do any good

• Like 1

How do you know, do you have memories of previous deaths?

previous deaths, previous moments, if you are mindful, its all the same. This moment now determines the following moment; the moment past determines the now moment, and so on. Whats so different when the last moment comes? 

• Like 1

previous deaths, previous moments, if you are mindful, its all the same. This moment now determines the following moment; the moment past determines the now moment, and so on. Whats so different when the last moment comes? 

When the body dies we don't know what realm our awareness will enter. So in that sense it is a journey to somewhere new and unknown, what happens then is pretty much up for debate as far as I can see, every expert has a different opinion. Why is the theory of soul contracts and meeting Celestial Masters any less likely than going into purgatory or a Bardo realm or something similar?

My perception of life isn't as fatalistic as everything is already predetermined by the previous moments, I see and perceive a force of creativity and freedom at play which isn't bound by the past. 

• Like 2

How do you know, do you have memories of previous deaths?

Hehehe.  Belly laughs.  I don't even have memories of previous lifes.

I'd say "previous" and "last moments" are only apparent which is what it sounded like you were starting to say except in your 3rd sentence?

Hehehe.  Belly laughs.  I don't even have memories of previous lifes.

I'd say what is more important than memories of "previous lifes" or "deaths" is realization of lasting and quintessential reality which is not bound by such passages.

Don't know if I subscribe to Lth's view.  I'm a wait and see kinda guy.  But the theory that after death your spirit is confused and its a critical time period for sorting out where you go next is certainly big in Tibet, which has very sophisticated system.  Its also true in a totally different belief system like Orthodox Judaism, where the thought is the soul sticks around for a bit, and needs a little soothing.

If there's a self aware soul (contradiction?), its as likely as anything else. 

If you die, you wont have those thoughts anymore, so don't worry.

Life's much more easy than we make it out to be. Dying is part of that ease, it happens without effort. It happens always in the perfect moment and timing. It always happens now. What better moment to start living, than now. Be more full of life, allow the life that is always around you, to enrich you. Inspire you.

• Like 1

If you die, you wont have those thoughts anymore, so don't worry.

Life's much more easy than we make it out to be. Dying is part of that ease, it happens without effort. It happens always in the perfect moment and timing. It always happens now. What better moment to start living, than now. Be more full of life, allow the life that is always around you, to enrich you. Inspire you.

i have not tried the ayahuascas yet. can you hook me up with some? ^_^

Sign in to follow this