Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

Blood Moon, April 4 2015

Excellent time to correct kidney and liver imbalances deeply rooted in the mind.

And some nice pics in the following link.

Hope everyone is benefiting from this special moon.

• Like 2

so that might have been influencing me and feeling so awful last saturday....

I've never thought much of this kind of heavenly influences,

but this is an interesting coincidence

• Like 1

This full moon business is a dilemma. I usually cant sleep while its up (mentioned it in another thread) and my energy is amped up and restless. There is an increase in both stagnation (stiff and heavy extremities, skin feels tight, i feel the cold a lot more, thinking is more muddled) and any qi-related exercises i do give louder response and have have longer lasting effects, so it goes both ways.

This goes for meditation, qigong and gong fu.

All in all it feels as though theres a stronger interplay between yang and yin, maybe a lot of yin is moving during full moon and internal yang moves to answer?

But the whole thing is rather unsettling since full moon time is always a period of disturbances, i have sleep disorder most of the time anyway but full moon time is qualitatively different.

I dont eat very healthy and i'm in a low place lately so that factors in of course.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

This full moon business is a dilemma. I usually cant sleep while its up (mentioned it in another thread) and my energy is amped up and restless. There is an increase in both stagnation (stiff and heavy extremities, skin feels tight, i feel the cold a lot more, thinking is more muddled) and any qi-related exercises i do give louder response and have have longer lasting effects, so it goes both ways.

This goes for meditation, qigong and gong fu.

All in all it feels as though theres a stronger interplay between yang and yin, maybe a lot of yin is moving during full moon and internal yang moves to answer?

But the whole thing is rather unsettling since full moon time is always a period of disturbances, i have sleep disorder most of the time anyway but full moon time is qualitatively different.

I dont eat very healthy and i'm in a low place lately so that factors in of course.

My understanding is the moon has a strong influence on the "Mind". People whom are psychologically unstable like in insane asylums may flip there shit when full moons happen. If this is a serious problem for you then it may be beneficial to eat some grounding food during these periods.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

My understanding is the moon has a strong influence on the "Mind". People whom are psychologically unstable like in insane asylums may flip there shit when full moons happen. If this is a serious problem for you then it may be beneficial to eat some grounding food during these periods.

Well i am slightly insane so it figures. Grounding food, would that be stuff that strengthens earth and metal or plain and basic stuff with no extravagance?

Well i am slightly insane so it figures. Grounding food, would that be stuff that strengthens earth and metal or plain and basic stuff with no extravagance?

Food that makes you more dense, energetically speaking. Generally meat is a powerful tool for grounding. If your a vegetarian then I'm sure there are other alternatives but I can't think of any of the top of my head, perhaps someone else whom is more knowledge can chime in.

In the long run though it would be positive to go into these imbalances and dissolve them at the appropriate pace. Also there is a balance in cultivation to keeping ones head in heaven while are feet are firmly rooted on the ground. Its not uncommon for cultivators to fly of to heaven and forget about creating and maintaining the life there living. This life has value, love, cherish and enjoy it.

• Like 1

You are welcome. :)

Cutting the roots of the earthly soul is the hardest part of the entire journey. The key element here is the liver, the most important organ to heal due to extreme sensitivity and because it opens to the eyes, and the eyes themselves are the window to the world. I understand now why some very serious practitioners seeking liberation go into seclusion in the natural world away from society (they are ready for it in their present lifetimes as the 'chicken is ready to leave the safety of the egg').

If you look at trees (livers are the trees we all have inside our bodies) you can see how the roots go deep into the Earth (safety, Yin, the lower of the three realms/heaven-humanity-earth). To cut those roots isn't easy (cut the earthly soul as mentioned in Opening the Dragon Gate, p. 27). Those roots are cut in the sense of overcoming the kleshas.

We Taoists work with the natural world in order to purify the mind via liver (work with trees) and the rest of the five elements in order to return to a pre-birth state (mind of a baby: pure, with no desire).

Purifying the liver is a long journey. Decades of work, indeed. It also involves treating it's mother (kidneys,water element) supplement your kidney deficiency by living near a water source (sea, healthy river, creek, etc.). You can see now why Mt Lao in Easter China is a Taoist sacred location: earth and water elements hand in hand ((huge boulders with the sea below), the two most easily offended by an overactive liver. That place brings harmony to the entire five element system. There are also other locations on Earth that share Laoshan's specific energetic configuration.

• Like 1

That full moon we just had, I did a meditation a la Yang Jwing-Ming's "The Secret of Youth," his book on Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jing. He calls it Cai Yan, which means picking up and swallowing. I visualized the full moon's yin energy filling up my mouth, and then I swallowed it deep down into my lower tan tien. Repeat 7 times. I did that the night before and night of. Had a nightmare that night about end times violence gripping the world and watched the moon crash into the earth...

I plan to 'pick up and swallow' the sunrise's clean yang energy on the morning of the new moon. I think that's the 18th. I hope the sun doesn't scorch the earth in my dreams that day!

Sign in to follow this