DanC

Zhan Zhuang questions

looks like a cool DVD, sadly I didn't see anything about Zhan Zhuang in the trailer or the review detailing the content I found on amazon, the cover seems a bit deceptive :) thanks for looking though!

Edited by Vincent B.
phrasing

On 4/7/2015 at 12:35 AM, soaring crane said:

Always incorporate a closing routine. I suggest doing more than he describes. His quick closing routine is to rub the hands down along the front of the body to the abdomen a few times and then massage the neck. Then hold the hands on the LDT for a minute. I do a lot more than that...

this is so easy to disregard but is undoubtedly one of the 'secrets' of the more experienced.  Taking the time to close properly.  

For standing and for sitting. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vincent B. said:

I think you are right, I found nothing explicitly about Zhan Zhuang or ever mentioning it by name with a quick google search... If you are luckier please let me know, I'm always looking for more literature on the subject :)

Here's the contents of my mini Zhan Zhuang library

The Way of Energy

The Way of Power

Opening the Energy Gates of Your body

Inside Zhan Zhuang

The Search for Wu

Taoist Yoga and Sexual Alchemy

The Dynamics of Standing Still

Zhan Zhuang, The Art of Nourishing Life – Yu Yongnian

The Complete Book of Yi Quan

The Tao Of Yi Quan

I've got reviews of each book in the first few pages of my practice log

Also, my ending routine is to just stand still with legs not bent and hands on the stomach. Then I shake off the arms and legs. Then I do a simple arm swing where the hands hit the body. Then I rub down the whole body and massage the leg muscles.

• Like 2

There's a few ones I haven't read, thank you. You might want to add Cai Songfang's Wujishi Breathing Exercises to your collection :)

Edited by Vincent B.
typo
  • Like 2

I've also read good things about Tom Bisio's Ba Gua Nei Gong Vol. 2: Qi Cultivation Exercises and Standing Meditation, but I haven't bought it yet.

• Like 2