Apech

Pics of the effects of human over population

I find the thought of alligators with the wrong sex organs slightly frightening. :)

And many toads and frogs will jump on anything that moves during mating season.

People are finding frogs in streams with no genitals at all. Alligators with the wrong sex organs.

This doesn't affect human beings? Of course it does.

-VonKrankenhaus

Yes, I don't think there's any doubt about that anymore.

• Like 1

Michael, I wasn't hitting out at you. What you said about natural increase of homosexual tendency in response to population growth seems...possible. I don't believe it's the case, but I won't suggest that it's ridiculous.

What I object to, what is absolutely ridiculous, is the idea that homosexuality appeared suddenly in the last few decades as a result of people ingesting/being fed special chemicals; that the governments of the world are intentionally making half the population gay, and promoting EQUAL RIGHTS for women, just to spread discord. Because of course, the world was a wonderland of stability and heterosexual love before 1900, and they just had to do something about it!

:D

Actually, I didn't say anything about secret governmental agendas or chemical imbalances. Looks like my comments got mixed up with those by some other posters.

But now that you have mentioned these things: I agree with you that the factors involved are very complex, and several explanations may hold true simultaneously on different levels.

This also applies to the Feminist movement, there is no singular reason for it. However, it is quite obvious that calling the female half of the population to the work places was in line with the economic growth project of the so-called progressive societies as opposed to certain traditional values such as providing children with supportive family structures.

• Like 1

Do they have hormone receptors in their cells and organs?

Yes.... (organs are made of cells, by the way.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid_hormone_receptor

Not sure why you think this proves anything..

Do they eat packaged commercially-available food?

Were they exposed to the media, watching TV, and reading magazines?

Were they utterly poor and living in a remote jungle from childhood?

Oh, that must be why I don't crave penis in the morning -- I was raised on wholemeal bread!

I will say this: One man I know is from Nigeria. A black Muslim, raised very strictly. I don't know what he ate back there, but it wasn't McDonald's and frozen pizzas. He left his home -- a clan of homophobes -- to find a place of acceptance here.

To think there has been no deliberate homosexual agenda in the media/entertainment business is just ignorance or denial.

Erm... yeah, there's an agenda. The gay people want to be allowed to be gay.

To underestimate the effects of hormone interrupting chemicals on hormonal functions is folly.

Yes... chemicals affect chemicals. Hormones affect cells. Cells, not the genome.

If I inject myself with oestrogen from now on, my boobs will get bigger, my balls smaller, I'll get weaker, etc etc. And then I'll stop taking oestrogen and... I still won't be gay.

For example, doctors have found that tea tree oil, which is not even a refined chemical, and is sold freely in natural food and cosmetic stores, has actually caused breasts to grow on boys. It contains hormone-interrupting compounds.

http://www.roberttisserand.com/articles/TeaTreeAndLavenderNotLinkedToGynecomastia.pdf

But research the industrially produced chemicals like DDT, BPA. BPS, (which were used for decades in food cans and baby bottles) and what they do to plants, and animals and humans. They are much stronger.

Yes, DDT is dangerous. It is toxic and has many negative affects. It does not, however, affect a person's genetic makeup. It does not make things gay.

I'm blocking your posts from now on. Don't need to see this bizarre nonsense any more.

Well, Gaia might find it preferable to causing this kind of imbalance:

That's what happens when a species becomes too dominant...

Evolutionary modifiers can call up rouge giant meteors now ?   :blink:

This is what usually happens when a species becomes too dominant 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8651000/8651148.stm

[Or is there some speculation about the demise of the dinosaurs going on here ? ]

... now .... God sending a meteor to smash us because we have gone gay ..... thats  more like it !    :glare:

Edited by Nungali

Well, there is a series on the TV titled "Life After People".  We might attain that state before too long.  And it seems that life for all other living things will be pretty nice after everything stabalizes after people.

Actually, it can become very nice, even with some people .... after a few 'modifications' .... 

Just need to get the smaller brain and the flippers going;     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1pagos_%28novel%29

• Like 1

dusty, these are factors that contribute, not absolute causes.

physical, emotional, psychological trauma and pressure from peers/society really affect people and their behaviour sometime. people become insecure, they start questioning themselves, finally develop cognitive dissonance which really wreak havoc on the body.

from my perspective a person who has to identify himself as a homosexual has developed a double personality, which you could say is not normal.

so while having an interest in same sex can stem from many reasons, the reason that you crave "acceptance" or "attention" or "support" from others for it is something not to be dismissed as totally healthy

exactly what the mass media's objective is,

as if somebody would care what a man is doing in another man's home

I find the thought of alligators with the wrong sex organs slightly frightening. :)

especially when they have the sex organs of an elephant.

especially when they have the sex organs of an elephant.

Well, I recommend not getting too friendly with those type of alligators.

dusty, these are factors that contribute, not absolute causes.

physical, emotional, psychological trauma and pressure from peers/society really affect people and their behaviour sometime. people become insecure, they start questioning themselves, finally develop cognitive dissonance which really wreak havoc on the body.

from my perspective a person who has to identify himself as a homosexual has developed a double personality, which you could say is not normal.

so while having an interest in same sex can stem from many reasons, the reason that you crave "acceptance" or "attention" or "support" from others for it is something not to be dismissed as totally healthy

exactly what the mass media's objective is,

as if somebody would care what a man is doing in another man's home

I'm beginning to feel sorry I started this thread ... which by the way had nothing to do with being gay it was to do with the destruction of the environment.

Your statement in bold makes absolutely no sense and the rest of your post is almost as bad.  And no I don't want you to explain yourself ... mostly because you don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about.  So please stop and get back on topic.  Thank you.

Well, I recommend not getting too friendly with those type of alligators.

But other alligators ... it's ok to 'get friendly'?  Now I know what you Floridans get up to in the mangrove swamps on a Saturday night.

• Like 1

Please get back on topic ....   

....  now, these gay 'gators in Florida ... what;s the deal there ?    :blink:

• Like 1

Actually, I am not impressed with myself on how I deal with my effect on the environment.  I have had to make my own disposal systems for 'sewerage' (dry composting) and grey water, I  generate solar power  ( no mains), I burn paper waste products, but there is all this other stuff, yeah, some recycled but other stuff - I dont know how many times I have looked at a broken product or new packaging and thought 'what the hell am I supposed to do with this now? Throw it in a hole in the ground, float it off into the ocean ? 

What do I do with all the 'junk' I have accumulated here - even though it is comparatively little?  

< thinks >   !   - The Mars Project !  .... nah ....  too much payload   :(

And that's just 'stuff ' ... dont start me on lifestyle ! Not that I can have a much simpler , more feral one nowadays (getting too old for that , a few health issues) but I have been reading about the traces of the local indigenous; not much from over 1000 years old.  They used to move around a lot, in small bands with heaps of different camp sites. When a place got 'tired' of having people there, they would move on and give it a break for x amount of years. Their lifestyle was outside except for sleeping and bad weather . They made shelters from bent over saplings with vegetation  plated through it  so 'when it rained,  even for days , it never leaked' and a floor of stamped earth mixed with termite mound 'clay'  ( these floors are some of the surviving traces, along with some stone tools ) . Everything they used was natural, if you just threw it away, it didnt matter.

In other places they did alter the environment with 'fire stick'  and did a bit of 'waterway engineering', but that was very small scale. 

The other  'large' impact they may have had is in leaving  middens

aboriginal-middens-19.jpg

No bad environmental impact in over 40,000 years .... that's gotta be impressive ! 

I'm beginning to feel sorry I started this thread ... which by the way had nothing to do with being gay it was to do with the destruction of the environment.

Your statement in bold makes absolutely no sense and the rest of your post is almost as bad.  And no I don't want you to explain yourself ... mostly because you don't seem to have a clue what you are talking about.  So please stop and get back on topic.  Thank you.

you have to study behaviour to understand.

a persons mental identity starts being formed from the day it is born. parents do it in ways it affects healthy integrity. after the person grows up media and society takes over.

from the day he is born until the day he dies there is an unnatural process forming in a persons psyche. and ofcourse there are people in higher institutions that understand this and capitulate on it, whether for profit or other reasons

certain people have weaker tendencies, others stronger in different parts and areas, but those tendencies are very strongly enforced directly or indirectly by this society we are living in

"i dont", "you dont", why all this negativity. after all we are just shining light here, and learning new things everyday

Edited by Lth

Well, while it is true that humans are very unkind to the planet that supports all of us.  But this is nothing new.  It has happened throughout the history of man.  It wouldn't be wise to expect humans to be changing their behaviour any time soon.

Wars are being fought today for control of resources.  This will only be getting worse.  It can't get better because it are we humans who want the control of the resources.  Nevermind the results of our greed.  Nevermind the results of over-population.  Everyone wants it all now.  To hell with tomorrow.

ss-150409-twip-15.nbcnews-ux-1600-900.jp
Ilya Naymushin / Reuters

15 A woman enjoys the sun on the banks of the Yenisei River as the temperature reached about 55 degrees Fahrenheit outside Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk on April 6.

>Wondered if this would come out.  How is this fitting into the OP??  Perhaps as a future foretelling photo of the last (very hardy and sexy) woman on Earth. 

ss-150409-twip-15.nbcnews-ux-1600-900.jp

Ilya Naymushin / Reuters

15 A woman enjoys the sun on the banks of the Yenisei River as the temperature reached about 55 degrees Fahrenheit outside Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk on April 6.

>Wondered if this would come out.  How is this fitting into the OP??  Perhaps as a future foretelling photo of the last (very hardy and sexy) woman on Earth. 

I see she is bicyclical ... so yes it fits with the OP.

what is the view on the argument that the earth has a natural heating and coolong period?

there is tons of info to suggest now is the peak time of earths heating cycle.

and so by this theory it goes that influence from greenhouse gasses is very minimal if not at all

it goes to show a scale of supposedly recorded temperatures from history, and compared to the temperatures of the same period the earth is in now is not anymore extreme than it was in the past - last several heating cycles of the planet

we all know that global warming is a business

whats your take on it?

• Like 1

Hi Lth,

Yes, it is important to consider what you have presented.  And yes, it is my understanding that we are at or close to the end of the last ice age.  That would naturally indicate that average temperatures would be higher.

And I dropped the concept of (man made) global warming in favor of "climate change".

But this doesn't mean that man isn't adding to the problems caused by climate change.

The Aral Sea disaster is man made, not the result of climate change.  But it could be viewed as a good thing because it has allowed the farming of food plants for many animals using the waters that used to flow into the Aral.

But then, we humans have caused a lot of unnecessary destruction to our environment.  And I really don't see things changing much in the near future.

• Like 1

Just a reminder of some effects (arguably of overpopulation) that are irrefutably caused by humans..

post-111592-0-16255900-1428838593_thumb.jpg

Global warming can be debated till the cows come home. But the cows are only coming home in pieces, in airtight plastic bags, stacked pound upon pound in the supermarkets where sweaty fat capitalists cram together drooling over this tasteless, tortured meat, and throw the leftover cow in landfills when they realize they bought too much and are too stupid to know how to cook with leftovers.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2

Just a reminder of some effects (arguably of overpopulation) that are irrefutably caused by humans..

attachicon.gifoverpop.jpg

Global warming can be debated till the cows come home. But the cows are only coming home in pieces, in airtight plastic bags, stacked pound upon pound in the supermarkets where sweaty fat capitalists cram together drooling over this tasteless, tortured meat, and throw the leftover cow in landfills when they realize they bought too much and are too stupid to know how to cook with leftovers.

oh yes. the global warming thingy is kind of an idea to karmically put the burden on human collective mind to avoid individual consequences of actions

• Like 1

oh yes. the global warming thingy is kind of an idea to karmically put the burden on human collective mind to avoid individual consequences of actions

There is a reality where I can see myself accepting that.

But I do believe that global warming is, at the very least, being catalyzed or increased by humans.

But as I said above, we could debate this till the cows come home. I do not wish to debate it. I think that without even considering global warming, we can see clearly that we do all sorts of senseless things that are detrimental to ourselves and many other forms of life. It should be obvious to each individual that their actions must change. But it isn't. And they won't.

• Like 2

Seems to me that even if it's not true that global warming is man made - any steps we would collectively take to address it are still good things to do.  Perhaps we just need to scare ourselves a bit to start acting responsibly.

For instance if we wanted to reduce the global population then we should provide good health services and education to women - along with cultural change which puts them in charge of their lives.  That's something we should want to do anyway ... surely.

• Like 3

Agreed. Dropping free condoms on third world countries will hardly be enough.

We may well have different ideas about what kind of actions should be taken to help improve their conditions. I don't doubt your good intentions but the gradual globalisation of Western technological comfort does have its problematic side, not least in its effects on the environment.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1