Apech

Pics of the effects of human over population

Devastating :-(

Perhaps it's time for institutions like the Guardian to reconsider their relationships with their advertisers.

post-3061-0-55271500-1427991683_thumb.jpg

post-3061-0-96198000-1427991798_thumb.jpg

Here's what's happened near to me now the eucalyptus planters have moved in.  Everything flattened, willows, canes, rushes, acacia all gone ready for row on row of eucalyptus which dries out the soil and allows no sub flora.  It's partly illegal so we have called in the authorities.

The pictures look more like the effects of human over-stupidity than of human over-population.

Looks like an over-incidence of stupidity.

There is little about population size alone that would require such things to be done.

Nothing says that because there are x-billion of people, that they must spill oil, produce industrial chemicals and aluminum and eat industrially produced beef cows and manage things so that masses of people produce "profits" for a small few, etc.

In fact, the current systems for profit are nothing like the most efficient and intelligent way to live, for any size of population.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

The pictures look more like the effects of human over-stupidity than of human over-population.

Looks like an over-incidence of stupidity.

There is little about population size alone that would require such things to be done.

Nothing says that because there are x-billion of people, that they must spill oil, produce industrial chemicals and aluminum and eat industrially produced beef cows and manage things so that masses of people produce "profits" for a small few, etc.

In fact, the current systems for profit are nothing like the most efficient and intelligent way to live, for any size of population.

-VonKrankenhaus

Yes, you have a point.  It's more a stupid reaction to population growth.  But I can't help thinking that while we remain this stupid we should try limit population or other wise perhaps grow wise quickly.

• Like 2

We arent going to limit population and people arent going to stop dissolving the environment like acid spreading across it and leaving its products behind.

I cant think of one problem that isnt associated in some way with, or would not be releved to some extent by, a massive reduction in population. No it may not cure all the problems but at least accidents and greed wont be compounded by larger amounts and more people.

No one is going to be able to stem it ....    there is really only one 'solution'.

(yeah ... I have seen the other 'positive' side  and those people that think we can just keep expanding and producing more food ... yeah ... r i i i g h t  ! )

The problem also is ......     

... people, collectively,  are absolutely  insane 

and we keep coming up with even more new ones

fracking for example ... they want to do it here in our major food producing area in the Liverpool Plains that has an underground aquifer that waters the whole area

all the big important liars  people have promised it will not be harmful

article-2182179-14539E06000005DC-474_634

maxresdefault.jpg

I happened to think today that, perhaps, homosexuality is increasing as part of Gaia's defence mechanism against over-population.

I agree with you, VKH, that the problem is not simply the masses of people, but very significantly also the way they are managed.

Although I am afraid that the increase in world population will almost inevitably lead to ever more destroyed nature, as room for the additional Earthlings must be made available. Unless people start living in places like the huge swimming pyramid town that to my knowledge is under construction near Tokyo... or underwater... or in space...

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Re:

-----

"I happened to think today that, perhaps, homosexuality is increasing as part of Gaia's defence mechanism against over-population."

-----

I'm inclined to think that this was more the result of 50 years of media/propaganda combined with a huge proliferation of hormone-interrupting chemicals and synthetic & phyto estrogenic compounds put into consumer products and food. Sperm counts go way down, breasts going bigger, etc.

Opposite kind of thing done physically with women - extreme dieting, eating more yang and androgen-enhancing foods than women ever did anywhere, etc. Period become painful or stop, chin hairs and moustaches growing.

Someone decided to swap them, male and female. This is the basis for all humanity evolution, however, so result of messing with it may be very strange, or absent.

Results unfolding worldwide in fairly uniform fashion.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I don't think homosexuality is increasing.  I think that it has become increasingly more acceptable and therefore gay people feel able to be 'out' about it.  The idea that it is some kind of disease caused by chemical imbalance or whatever is wrong.  How do you explain ancient Greek culture where it was a norm?  The fact is that it's illegality and social stigma forced homosexuals to hide their nature for most of human history.

• Like 1

The homosexualty angle has crossed my mind in the past, but I think it's as Apech says. Awareness and acceptance have increased dramatically over a few short years (I would say the internet has increased awareness of many things, including this), giving us the impression of an increase in the raw numbers. There's no way to conclusively determine this.

But the Gaia thought is accurate, imo, while it simply comes down to a decrease in birthrate in affluent areas. It's a completely normal survival tactic of our species. One westerner trashes more of the planet than probably a hundred African Masai, and the planet is well aware of this.

Also, yes, I agree that this environmental destruction has more to do with stupidity/greed/consumption mentality/selfishness than raw over-population. I read somewhere that if every human on Earth were to stand shoulder-on-shoulder, we would all fit on an area the size of greater Berlin. And if we wanted to live with the same population density as NYC, we could all move to Texas, leaving the rest of the Earth free from our blight (except the areas we would continue to raze to feed our greed).

• Like 1

Well, that's a bright start to the day!

This is why, as well as more sustainable production methods, people need better education, wider access to contraception, and better health care (including wide access to vaccination)

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Who-We-Are/Resources-and-Media/Annual-Letters-List/Annual-Letter-2014#MYTHTHREE

I don't think homosexuality is increasing.  I think that it has become increasingly more acceptable and therefore gay people feel able to be 'out' about it.  The idea that it is some kind of disease caused by chemical imbalance or whatever is wrong.  How do you explain ancient Greek culture where it was a norm?  The fact is that it's illegality and social stigma forced homosexuals to hide their nature for most of human history.

Thank you. I was going to have to say something otherwise. Dude has some seriously twisted ideas.

Not just ancient Greek culture, by the way. And not just humans, by any stretch of the imagination.

its not at all very twisted ideas. chemical imbalance bring confusion to persons state of being.

also the gay movement and feminism movement all these are sponsored by the state and hired to promote this imbalance between genders. like rebels in war are hired, government uses this command & conquer tactic almost for any major banning/allowance/controversy that reaches widespread attention in mainstream media. you just have to do a little bit research. so many people have seen through these lies, some quit working in government institution for this. anything that is promoted by mainstream media is not to be trusted. they do this to confuse people and disturb harmony, to make people give away their energy

so males having a low energy of their kind develop a natural tendency to spend time with same gender. it is normal except confusion of sex in male-male relationship.

so insecurity/confusion + media propaganda are big factors for this rise in misunderstanding

if people would cultivate both sides of energy i think this would not happen, but now it is because there is disbalance

I think the point about population is well made.  It's not about the numbers in absolute terms.  And I guess we could celebrate the fact that so many people are able to be alive today even though very many live at poor or survival levels.  But we need, I think, to recognise the uniquely destructive effect that humans have on the natural environment.  This has been going on for thousands of years.  In fact although I am horrified by the eucalyptus plantations near to where I live, I have to accept that what was there before was by no means natural either.  There is no part of the countryside around here which is actually natural in the strict sense of the word and this has been true in Europe since the neolithic agricultural revolution.

If we want to relate this to internal imbalances in human beings then we would have to go back a very long way.  The way people express themselves sexually is of course indicative.  Especially the mixing of sex and violence.  Rape, abuse and hatred are big problems I think because to contaminate our essential feelings of attraction and excitement with a sense of harming others is a basic distortion.  It's odd I think that we accept violence almost casually but get very screwed up about sex.  I'd like to make a pun about gentle = genital and say we should be more sexually free and gentle with ourselves and others.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

Thank you. I was going to have to say something otherwise. Dude has some seriously twisted ideas.

Whether homosexuality has increased during past decades or only the awareness of it may be a matter of debate. Anyway, before I saw this thread, it had simply crossed my mind that such an increase could be an effective way for Gaia and/or the collective unconscious of the human species to decrease the rate of population growth. That's all I said.

I knew that it would be controversial though.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

i just respond to dustybeijing that was saying government initiative of intoxicating with chemicals and manipulating people psychologically have nothing to do with their sexual orientation. that is bizarre. what vonkrankenhaus said might be overexagerated but is certainly one of the biggest factors in this confusion

but about the overpopulation. i think people have not developed or forgot how to make independent decisions. due to hundreds of years of bondage and kings and rulers people forgot how to think for themselves. and so poluting environment is not a decision anymore, but like an accepted normality. so obviously this value must be relearned to change the same patterns that are going on for years now

• Like 1

Whether homosexuality has increased during past decades or only the awareness of it may be a matter of debate. Anyway, before I saw this thread, it had simply crossed my mind that such an increase could be an effective way for Gaia and/or the collective unconscious of the human species to decrease the rate of population growth. That's all I said.

I knew that it would be controversial though.

yes thats silly. that sort of solution could only be promoted by some illuminati reptilian bloodline elitist with a broken mind maybe :P

you dont counter imbalance with another imbalance

*offtopic picture removed*

Edited by Lth

yes thats silly. that sort of solution could only be promoted by some illuminati reptilian bloodline elitist with a broken mind maybe :P

you dont counter imbalance with another imbalance

Well, Gaia might find it preferable to causing this kind of imbalance:

That's what happens when a species becomes too dominant...

Well, Gaia might find it preferable to causing this kind of imbalance:

That's what happens when a species becomes too dominant...

why only london tower and greek pantheon are shown standing. some kind of racism!

like earth would care about those things

but getting back i have seen something similar. during my awakening few years ago there was this story of a red planet, or 2nd sun approaching. i got a vision of end of world, there was also a voice speaking. was very intense...

either syptoms of a near death experience or something else

but clearly with a message

Well, there is a series on the TV titled "Life After People".  We might attain that state before too long.  And it seems that life for all other living things will be pretty nice after everything stabalizes after people.

there are probably more end of the world scenario movies than soap operas now

• Like 1

Michael, I wasn't hitting out at you. What you said about natural increase of homosexual tendency in response to population growth seems...possible. I don't believe it's the case, but I won't suggest that it's ridiculous.

What I object to, what is absolutely ridiculous, is the idea that homosexuality appeared suddenly in the last few decades as a result of people ingesting/being fed special chemicals; that the governments of the world are intentionally making half the population gay, and promoting EQUAL RIGHTS for women, just to spread discord. Because of course, the world was a wonderland of stability and heterosexual love before 1900, and they just had to do something about it!

This whole line of "reasoning" is ludicrous on so many levels I wouldn't even know where to start. And I can't quite believe that the feminism thing has, so far, passed under the radar.

So, according to some, now the government, with the help of the media and health professionals, is injecting everyone with horrid poison in the form of vaccinations, filling people with gayness-inducing chemicals to make everyone gradually merge into one gender, and promoting equal rights so as to make things less equal... Holy fucking Christ. We're in even more trouble than I thought.

:mellow:

The simple and very obvious fact is that sexuality is a spectrum, just like everything else. Most people prefer the opposite sex, but very many have always had at least a curiosity for their same gender, and evidence of same-sex relationships is widespread throughout cultures throughout history.

I have a few gay friends. They come from a range of backgrounds, and are all very different people. The only thing they all have in common is that they prefer the tender embrace of a man to that of a woman.

;)

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"I have a few gay friends. They come from a range of backgrounds, and are all very different people. The only thing they all have in common is that they prefer the tender embrace of a man to that of a woman."

-----

Do they have hormone receptors in their cells and organs?

Do they eat packaged commercially-available food?

Were they exposed to the media, watching TV, and reading magazines?

Were they utterly poor and living in a remote jungle from childhood?

Chances very much are that the one from the jungle isn't gay or lesbian, whatever else they may be.

There have always been homosexual people, and I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that. But right now there are much more than any other time, and this is interesting. This has been suggested as the actions of the Earth itself to reduce population of damaging humans. This is a misunderstanding of what a planet is, an anthropomorphism. Some say that this is due to a more permissive society, but I see that as media exposure to those ideas. It hasn't been a "spontaneous awakening" from nowhere at all - people heard about this in media and acted on it. People in this world with no media exposure didn't see it and didn't act the same.

To think there has been no deliberate homosexual agenda in the media/entertainment business is just ignorance or denial.

To underestimate the effects of hormone interrupting chemicals on hormonal functions is folly.

For example, doctors have found that tea tree oil, which is not even a refined chemical, and is sold freely in natural food and cosmetic stores, has actually caused breasts to grow on boys. It contains hormone-interrupting compounds.

But research the industrially produced chemicals like DDT, BPA. BPS, (which were used for decades in food cans and baby bottles) and what they do to plants, and animals and humans. They are much stronger.

People are finding frogs in streams with no genitals at all. Alligators with the wrong sex organs.

This doesn't affect human beings? Of course it does.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I find the thought of alligators with the wrong sex organs slightly frightening. :)

• Like 1