dawei

How to request Owner Permissions- No Longer Available

208 posts in this topic

How to Participate in Wei Wu Wei:

Reading Threads:

All members of The Dao Bums may read threads within any Forum area with Owner Permissions Applied.   

Replying to Threads:

Starting with Junior Bums group, anyone can reply to threads within any Forum area with Owner Permissions

Starting Topics:

Starting with Junior Bums group, anyone can start a topic within any Forum area with Owner Permissions

To Control your Topics with Owner Permissions, you must qualify and request it:

Any member with the follow can request "Owner Permissions":

1. At least six months membership on the board AND

2. At least 200 posts.

Topics:

In this WWW area, content is started on any topic, and replies are welcomed which are within the ground rules explained in the Welcome Thread:

Read this:  Link

Topics and Replies are expected to be constructive, not destructive in spirit.  

In order to maintain the topic's integrity, the Thread Owner can use 'Owner Permissions' to ensure replies are consistent with the direction of the thread.   If the Thread Owner feels a post(s) are not consistent to the topic, the Thread Owner may remove post(s) from the topic. If the Thread Owner decides the thread is no longer relevant, the entire thread may be removed.

If your replies are removed and you feel you cannot freely express your views (or counter-points), then you are welcomed to start a thread where you can control the topic.   The requirements for the new topic must still agree with the expressed rules.

Once you have been granted Owner Permissions:

What you are allowed to do and when you can use owner permissions to:

In Any thread, regardless of who started it:

• Edit or remove your own posts

In Threads you start:

• Edit or remove your own posts
  • Remove others posts
  • Remove the thread
  • Rename your thread title

What you are not allowed to do and when you cannot/should not use owner permissions to:

In Threads you DID NOT start, YOU CANNOT/SHOULD NOT:

• Remove nor edit others posts
  • Remove others threads
  • Rename others threads
  • Use the 'owner permissions' in any way which interferes with another's posts or another's thread.
Currently, there is no software means to only enable these permissions when you are the Thread Owner. 

In order to receive 'owner permissions', you must agree to an honest policy whereby you will only use the "Owner Permissions" when you start a thread.

Disclaimers:

- All TDB rules apply herein.   You cannot violate any of the normal board rules.

- These permissions may be expanded or restricted by Owner/Admin decision.

- These permissions may be extended to other areas of the board by Owner/Admin decision.  A member will automatically have the permissions and will not need to request it for other areas.

- Member's may 'report' something but the hope is that this may be alleviated by Thread Owners have permissions and other members can start their own topic and control that content.

- Failing to follow the guidelines of prohibitions in the area will result in loss of 'Owner Permissions'. Realize this means losing the permissions in all areas which are setup for such permissions.

9 people thank this

How to request Owner Permissions?

This is community-aware registration.  Any interested member must agree to abide by the above, and have read the Welcome thread [ Link ] ,

You may request "Owner Permissions" if you have"

1. At least six months membership on the board AND

2. At least 200 posts.

To request "Owner Permissions", you must post in this thread to state:

"I agree to the terms and request owner permissions"

6 people thank this

I agree to the terms and request owner permissions. 

cat_writing.jpg

9 people thank this

I agree to the terms and request owner permissions

2 people thank this

Suppose I agree.   It'll be interesting to see how this area works out.   

Should we expect to see more controversial topics here?  I wonder if this will rob the Buddhism section of its notoriously angry tit for tats.

Suppose I agree.   It'll be interesting to see how this area works out.   

Should we expect to see more controversial topics here?  I wonder if this will rob the Buddhism section of its notoriously angry tit for tats.

Done.   I think the expectation is less bickering however controversial.  I think many are waiting to see how it plays out.

1 person thanks this

So far it looks like a sleepy backwater. Could it be , that there really isn't anything one finds important enough to stand on a soapbox about? that responses otherwise are really just reflexive? 

1 person thanks this

2 people thank this

I agree to the terms and request owner permissions

1 person thanks this

Ok, If I am allowed to remove my own thread, now that its had its day in the sun, how am I supposed to do that? Hide it?

Edited by Stosh

To 'remove' the thread, you would use Topic Moderation, and click Hide.  It will go out of sight for good.

1 person thanks this

1 person thanks this

Although i probably wont be around much/at all until i get internet on my PC at home...

(I'm not sure I understand what I agreed to. But at least I did it in black, not purple)

Edited by manitou
1 person thanks this

Any color will count... particularly when your a rainbow  :blush:

The gist of the permissions:

The "Owner Permission" areas now have a sub-description as:

Owner Permissions Apply.  See: Owner Permissions

In essence: if you have OWNER PERMISSIONS AND START A TOPIC, you 'own' that topic...

You decide if there are posts which do not adhere to the spirit of what your talking about (folks argue unrelated points, troll, bicker, heckle, stray off topic, display disrespect, challenge in a way you feel is not wanted, etc), you can remove those posts (use the 'hide' on a post).

There is an honesty policy that you will not use any of your permissions on threads you DID NOT Start.   The software cannot selectively give the permissions when you start or don't start a topic.

4 people thank this

I agree to the terms and request owner permissions, and access to the men's cultivation section even though my profile does not state my gender.

3 people thank this

I permit the agreements and terminate the owners.

2 people thank this

This is good. Can we get ability to create sub-forums etc under these sections? I know I'd like to be able to organize the personal practice forum better but don't seem to have a way to pin threads, create sub-categories etc?

1 person thanks this

I permit the agreements and terminate the owners.

Seems like the goal of Buddhism, if you ask me...

1 person thanks this