Wun Yuen Gong

Kunlun and Demons

A friend of mine started the kunlun level 1 practise and after a few moments he saw a face of a demon and quickly stopped. Can Mantra or any others of Max's group like to share any information?

Could Mantra 68 ask Max personally cause he said after his meditation he doesnt feel right!!!!

WYG

There is no doubt Kunlun is a very powerful method that sends you straight into purification/clearing "mode" right from the start. I compare it to the situation where you desire to become a UFC fighter and instead of practice they just throw you in the real UFC octagon and tell you to fight. This is one of the reasons it is indeed a very fast method to progress IF you can balance the power generated with passive practices like Vipassana/ Zen meditation.

So, this said, you will have various visual experiences including "beings" coming to observe you for different reasons. Don't cling to the experiences generated by your practices and you will go a long way. You are trying to let go- not to develop new attachments, no matter how spiritualized and "enlightened" they may look.

Smile

• Like 1

A friend of mine started the kunlun level 1 practise and after a few moments he saw a face of a demon and quickly stopped. Can Mantra or any others of Max's group like to share any information?

Could Mantra 68 ask Max personally cause he said after his meditation he doesnt feel right!!!!

WYG

These are mostly self-generated, as are tigles and various other phenomena.

People must know that it is they who are in control.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES. Own up and quit being so afraid of yourself.

Create beauty and flow instead.

You can.

The beginning will be the greatest challenge for those who practice Kunlun. It is during that time that most of the "demons" will come out of you. After this period as your body adjusts, your truth will unfold beautifully before you.

WYG

Internal demons are that which we have created through our own causes and conditions, ignorance, greed and anger. They are ether suppressed or empowered, and over time influence. In cultivation they will come out because of a lack of empowering them. Like a fish out of water, flipping around for water as it dies, and suddenly, it dies. The internal demons that appear in your mind during cultivation practice are looking to get more attention. Just continue the cultivation without paying attention, or thinking about the demon images at all.

External demons, though a pain in the ass, are not easy to spot unless you have eyes for it. So, if you defeat the internal demons, external ones would be right around the corner...UNLESS your cultivation is guided and protected by Protector Spirits, in which you would have to hold onto vows to maintain your concentration and cultivation of a pure lifestyle, virtuous and moral. hehehe

I wrote an article called the Face of Demons. You may want to check it out. I believe I published it in the article section of the forum.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

WYG

Here is something I found by my teacher on Ghosts and the like. Enjoy!

i forgot how to embed into the post.. hehehe sorry for the inconvenience

Peace and blessings,

Lin

Here is something I found by my teacher on Ghosts and the like. Enjoy!

i forgot how to embed into the post.. hehehe sorry for the inconvenience

Peace and blessings,

Lin

Lin: Thanks for the very succinct explanation. "If a child can comprehend it, it's probably true. If a child is confused, it is often false."

Cat: To extend Lin's teacher's examples further, I'd venture to say that when we meditate, we often see and experience precisely what it is that we expect and need to.

Many Westerners are raised with spiritual teachings that tell them that the other spiritual paths are evil. When we engage in the new practice, often the first hurdle to overcome is resistance to the new practice itself. For many people this manifests as a gradual boredom with meditation, or the urge to skip a practice here and there. Soon we stop training altogether.

Some of us are very sincere on the other hand, but perhaps we were raised to think that practices outside of western religions were demonic. People in this situation experience resitance to the training by feeling guilty, or by experiencing dramatic visitations by unwanted guests, such as ghost or demons. Perhaps your friend had some of this early training.

In either case, the important thing to do is the same. Let go. Observe. Breath.

At a deep subconscious level we can manifest or attract things that we don't consciously want. Ironically, practicing with such unpleasant experiences is the quickest, surest way to train your wisdom mind to lead your unconscious mind. Unfortunately it is also the most difficult.

Bodhi

• Like 1

Some of us are very sincere on the other hand, but perhaps we were raised to think that practices outside of western religions were demonic. People in this situation experience resitance to the training by feeling guilty, or by experiencing dramatic visitations by unwanted guests, such as ghost or demons. Perhaps your friend had some of this early training.

On that note, I found the following links while researching Kunlun shortly after receiving Max's book:

http://www.dangerofchi.org/mystory.htm

http://www.dangerofchi.org/

In my opinion the poor guy flushed a lot of good cultivation down the toilet, literally.

On that note, I found the following links while researching Kunlun shortly after receiving Max's book:

In my opinion the poor guy flushed a lot of good cultivation down the toilet, literally.

In the past, I had been confronted by people who claim that Qigong makes one go crazy..lol

My response is very simple:

You can't go crazy unless the Qigong teacher is a total idiot, then the practitioners will get absolutely no response. If the Qigong teacher is a major idiot, then his students will go crazy from stupidity.

If a person doesn' t have any idea of Qigong whatsoever, they will get nothing in response. Only if the teacher of Qigong is purposely teaching people how to attach to states, and follow the different thoughts in the mind, to do stupid things, of course the practitioner will go crazy.

This idea that people go crazy from Qigong was started during the cultural revolution in China. It was a way to divert people from actually doing something useful.

Peace,

Lin

P.S.- People only get sick and go crazy due to their own minds, their own causes and conditions. Nothing can give someone craziness. One just accepts it due to being already confused about their own mind; their life, their environment, the world, universe, etc.

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

With respect , Lin. I have seen at the very least one person become psychologically unbalanced from over practicing. Qigong psychosis is a phenomenon that comes about from over practice and lack of grounding.

Peace and Respects to you Cat.

Me too! I have seen it too. And it is unfortunate that they weren't taught when to slow down, or even root properly, ground properly. I had a student who came to me and told me that the first day she learned Microcosmic orbit from another teacher, she fainted and spasmed, and felt electric shocks over her body. I asked how long she did it that day, and if it was her first time with Qigong. It was her first time with Qigong, and the teacher had her doing it for a few hours. Other people in her group experienced other problems, but she got it bad.

I felt bad for her and told her if she feels uncomfortable then don't take my class and I will pass her anyway, but she insisted to try out my Qigong class at Pacific College in NY, and stayed. (abit of a story, I know)

I am abit harsh in my previous post actually. I can get a bit sharp on somethings, but I was all smiles writing it.. haha.

Anywho, there are times in cultivation one should take a day off from concentrated practice and sit with it, let it work its magic. That is where a good teacher would come in , and recognize it in the student.

It is a risk with teachers whom have a good front, but a shady back... haha

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I try not to do exercises where I see faces in the mirror by myself, but the important thing if you see something dark and scary to not get sucked into that.

Orrr...did he really have entities in his body?

I wonder which diagnosis is correct here?

And if he did have some Jinns, how exactly did that happen and how do we make sure we don't get them?

BTW, I have seen a woman possesed before just like in those videos...so I know it's possible...and mighty creepy, I might add! :blink:

Edited by vortex

I had a student who came to me and told me that the first day she learned Microcosmic orbit from another teacher, she fainted and spasmed, and felt electric shocks over her body. I asked how long she did it that day, and if it was her first time with Qigong. It was her first time with Qigong, and the teacher had her doing it for a few hours. Other people in her group experienced other problems, but she got it bad.

I had a similar experience with my first Chi Kung seminar. We were all told that the class would consist of a "special Chi Kung style" that focused on opening the meridians, and that we'd learn some heavy academic theory and be taught to recognize and locate meridians on ourselves. All of my Gongfu brothers and sisters were very excited about it as none of us had any training in locating our meridians.

In actuality we simply stood in a difficult zhan zhuang posture for four hours straight. We broke for lunch and thought, "Okay, well maybe all the promised stuff will come up after lunch." Nope, another four hours of the same posture. There was no academic study of any kind.

I was very enthusiastic about zhan zhuang, but I couldn't practice again without excruciating pain for a couple of weeks after that.

Bodhi

I had a similar experience with my first Chi Kung seminar. We were all told that the class would consist of a "special Chi Kung style" that focused on opening the meridians, and that we'd learn some heavy academic theory and be taught to recognize and locate meridians on ourselves. All of my Gongfu brothers and sisters were very excited about it as none of us had any training in locating our meridians.

In actuality we simply stood in a difficult zhan zhuang posture for four hours straight. We broke for lunch and thought, "Okay, well maybe all the promised stuff will come up after lunch." Nope, another four hours of the same posture. There was no academic study of any kind.

I was very enthusiastic about zhan zhuang, but I couldn't practice again without excruciating pain for a couple of weeks after that.

Bodhi

The thing is that if our meridians were actually "closed" , our bodies would die. Its just that our body's energy isn't very highly vibrating where we are consciously aware of it. So when we practice Qigong, and relax, we get to feel a lot of things going on; energy flowing through our arms, legs, etc. This is why the term "open and closed" meridians came about. It was just a term for the sensitivity of one's mind and body to Qi. But they can never be closed unless your body is dead...closed means no energy in them, or energy in them, but nothing can come in or leak out.

Yet, if that were true, we shouldn't get sick, for no energy would leak out and no toxic energy would get in...nothing would cause a blockage. Qigong helps to add and strengthen energy in the body concentrating it in the body, developing focus and concentration power, resulting in good health and long life with a few abilities here and there...if one can attain them, and if they can get to further levels, so be it.

It is unfortunate of your experience. Too much too fast is detrimental. :(

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I work in Mental Health and i have also seen a couple of possessions! There is a difference of a mentally ill patient to a possession. Ive has also a mentally ill patient also possessed...... :blink: