Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Keeping track of time during Meditiation

There are many dynamics involved. for me, it's best to keep it open ended.

many possibilites are there, but if time limits are set, there is in a sense already a degree of contrivance.........

Sometimes, only 2 minutes can be so powerful, that it ends right there.........other times, 2 hours can feel short...............

i just like to be fluid with it, be open

Radio Shack makes an inexpensive kitchen timer which counts either up or down.

It has a quiet beep which is not disturbing. It also stops beeping after apxox five beeps

so you can continue your meditation or yoga pose if so inclined.

I have a kitchen timer that beeps a short beep 10 minutes and 5 minutes before the time, then continuos beep. so I would set it for 1 h 10 minutes and when it beeps first i have a 10 minute window before I have to turn it off.

Also the program 1Time is good. I get sounds from this site- and use this "bowl" sound.

if you want a really basic way of making your cds, you can download soundforge, this is a recording program tht you can play with all your on music and make gaps for as long as you want

soundforge rules...but it aint cheap :)

I pretty much never keep track of how long I am meditating...I just do it until I feel like I've had enough. I think sometimes its a good thing, sometimes...not so much :)

Sign in to follow this