Nungali

Thousand-year-old medieval remedy kills MRSA

Thats interesting, I contracted a Golden Staph infection after having a skin cancer removed. I tried everything, the anti bacterial creams and even raw garlic, none of it worked. Then one night in sheer desperation I meditated on what I could do for it. It was real nasty too, and spreading, making a big hole. I relaxed and started my breathing to begin to slide deeper into trance when in my head was spoken 'Tea Tree Oil'.

I went onto google and there it was, research on tea tree oil that showed it killed every bacteria known to humanity. I bought some oil the next day and my infection was gone in 3 days. Damn I was angry at the medical establishment for not telling me about this cheap remedy.

Unfortunately you can't drink tea tree oil for staph infections in the  blood or organs, its toxic if taken internally.

Golden staph is one of the MRSA superbug's.

• Like 2

^^ But it's not just the garlic, though...

The 'eyesalve' recipe calls for two species of Allium (garlic and onion or leek), wine and oxgall (bile from a cow’s stomach).

It describes a very specific method of making the topical solution including the use of a brass vessel to brew it, a strainer to purify it and an instruction to leave the mixture for nine days before use.

None of the experts really expected the concoction to work. But when it was tested, microbiologists were amazed to find that not only did the salve clear up styes, but it also tackled the deadly superbug MRSA, which is resistant to many antibiotics.

The scientists at Nottingham made four separate batches of the remedy using fresh ingredients each time, as well as a control treatment using the same quantity of distilled water and brass sheeting to mimic the brewing container but without the vegetable compounds.

None of the individual ingredients alone had any measurable effect, but when combined according to the recipe the MRSA populations were almost totally obliterated: about one bacterial cell in a thousand survived in mice wounds.

Researchers believe the antibacterial effect of the recipe is not due to a single ingredient but the combination used and brewing methods. Further research is planned to investigate how and why this works.

That's the amazing and interesting part! :o

• Like 4

Thats interesting, I contracted a Golden Staph infection after having a skin cancer removed. I tried everything, the anti bacterial creams and even raw garlic, none of it worked. Then one night in sheer desperation I meditated on what I could do for it. It was real nasty too, and spreading, making a big hole. I relaxed and started my breathing to begin to slide deeper into trance when in my head was spoken 'Tea Tree Oil'.

I went onto google and there it was, research on tea tree oil that showed it killed every bacteria known to humanity. I bought some oil the next day and my infection was gone in 3 days. Damn I was angry at the medical establishment for not telling me about this cheap remedy.

Unfortunately you can't drink tea tree oil for staph infections in the  blood or organs, its toxic if taken internally.

Golden staph is one of the MRSA superbug's.

Worse still. was when I worked in a hospital and when an infection got beyond control of anything the remedy was .....

wait for it ....

to expose the wound to sunlight and bath with salt water.      Oh GOOD LORD !     That's what I used to do as youth (most , usually on the beach , back in the days when 'I never looked after myself' . often , post motorbike accident )

A few years back I had kidney stones .... that was fun  .... but the painkillers just were not 'my thing' , there were some problems at the hospital, I eventually won when I officially refused my meds of morphine. Boy did they get upset !  Then, begrudgingly they offered me a new and different type of medication, it worked fine and was more akin to my make up. I did some research on it and it is made from an Australian native plant ... a type of pituary 

......   :rolleyes:   idiots !    Why didnt I get that in the first place ....  (actually dont answer that - I know why! ) 

Tea tree oil ?  ....     :wub:

I have one at home and one in the car,  we get times of having scads of tics here  , I drench myself in it (diluted with olive oil), when I go bush, after work, immediately chuck clothes in washer with tea tree, have a shower and loofa and a rub down with teat ree and olive (too strong to use straight all over), a dab or straight oil 2 0r 3 times will cause a tic to back out, repel leeches, etc.  Its one of my main 3  ( yarrow for cuts and aloe for burns ) .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

^^ But it's not just the garlic, though...

That's the amazing and interesting part! :o

Yes, I did think of putting this post in the alchemy thread .  

Fascinating!

Most interesting to me is that the ancients around the world managed to be so precise with their instructions for preparing and combining natural medicines. If you read about the recent discovery of the important anti-malarial artemisinin, you'll see that were it not for Ge Hong (yes, that's none other than the famous Daoist Baopuzi, "The Master Who Embraced Simiplicity") recording instructions to steep the herb in cold water then the medicine would not have come into existence; until Dr. Tu Youyou noted what Ge Hong said about temperature the researchers had been attempting to boil wormwood, which apparently destroyed what turned out to be the active ingredient. As for how the instructions for preparing ayahuasca were discovered...

It is also very interesting to note that the "potion" in the OP needs to stand for nine days. The number nine shows up in some of the traditional preparation for Chinese herbs, but unfortunately, steaming dihuang in liquor nine times is time consuming, so herbal medicine companies these days as a rule don't stick to the old methods.

Speaking of the number nine, just so happens that in an acupuncture lecture this morning the prof went into a digression about one of her old classmates, who now works in the Chinese government's equivalent of the Food and Drug Administration, overseeing herbal medicine production in particular. Every year this classmate travels all around China checking in on factories and farms. Every year when they get together, my professor says she asks her old classmate about the state of herbal medicine. The answer never changes: "99% of it is of poor quality or fake if not downright polluted and dangerous." I've heard the same thing from other sources, sadly. (The only company that seems to get a bit of respect is Beijing Tongren Tang).

Edited by Walker
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing.  This is a bit off-topic, but..... I have wondered if  these "words  in head"  were a creation of  our own subconscious mind, which somehow figures out the answer through  means that are yet undiscovered by science (but of course,  spiritual texts have answers/opinions/words  regarding these  "words in the head").  This kind of  revelations happen to many  meditators.

• Like 1

One example I know of :  a rad doctor ( Chinese ethnicity but a western MD) advised me to drink 6 cans of coke , ice crystal cold, 20 mins apart , wait 30 mins and drink a can of liquefied asparagus , when I was in hospital, the day before I was scheduled to be transferred to the regional hospital for nasty invasive surgery ' up through' a place things should not be going up and through ! In the morning I went to the nurses desk, told her to cancel the transport and operation and placed a container of urine on the desk with the fractured kidney stones in it .

I realise coke is full of phosphoric acid, but I was curious as to how she knew about the amounts, timing and temperature, so I asked her.

- muscle testing , she said    <shrug> . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Yes, I read about this earlier in the week.

This kind of stuff kills me.  Just kills me, I tell you . . .

You repeatedly hear of these traditional medicines made up of convoluted combinations of ingredients that would take, like, forever (LOL) . . . to arrive at by trial-and-error. 

Ayahuasca (yage), for example . . .

Edited by Lataif

One example I know of :  a rad doctor ( Chinese ethnicity but a western MD) advised me to drink 6 cans of coke , ice crystal cold, 20 mins apart , wait 30 min..

Reminds me of a recent article about a woman who was 104 who credits her longevity to 3 cans of Pepsi a day.  No mention of liquified asparagus though :).    Strange world.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/19/elizabeth-sullivan-dr-pepper_n_6907106.html

You should see what sort of indigenous 'bush medicine' is available here ! 

They have found that an extract from the Queensland Blushwood tree that  ; 

"He explains a single injection of the drug - called EBC-46 - starts working in five minutes and has destroyed about three quarters of the tumours treated, permanently.

GLEN BOYLE: There's a purpling of the area of the tumour itself, and you see that within five minutes. You come back the next day and the tumour is black, and come back a few days later and the tumour has fallen off. "

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s4102196.htm

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=queensland%20blushwood%20nut

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2