Sign in to follow this  
3bob

the absolute and the end game...

Lth, umm I can't say I know what you mean because it sounds like you are playing it both ways...

hehe ok, lets go back to the construct now

I'd say that we can't change the absolute and the end game of it, (or beginning game of it) but we can change or have variable impact on everything else from a-z and our part and place in it, thus from ourselves and to whatever degree with all the forms of energy in the universe.

What are your further extrapolations along such lines?

Hope for the best.

Anticipate the worst.

Hope that helps.

Punctuation can change that last line to......

Hope, that helps.

:)

All I can do is laugh.  No words.

• Like 1

Well . . . it's awfully hard to say much of anything about this without it sounding like a useless truism.

Nevertheless:

I think there's a good case to be made that human beings have a privileged place in Reality.

There's probably nothing that can't in principle be known by us.

But we can't know everything.  That would defeat our purpose in Reality as I understand it.

Here's how the argument for this goes.

If Unlimited Reality were only COMPLETELY known . . . then that would be a limitation of that Reality (to not also know itself PARTIALLY).

So . . . there's a means by which Unlimited Reality knows itself in partial ways . . . in order to fulfill its nature as Unlimited.

(LOL) That's us.  We're that means . . .

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 1

" .... We know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."

• Like 1

on another angle: there are now so many brands of beer that are unknown to most of us that we know we will never know even a small percentage of all of them, yet the wonder of it is that that's a nice unknown to leave unknown for a possible future of knowing's that can unfold into further unknowns, thus we wouldn't want to spoil the source of unknown by putting it in just one bottle. 

(which got me to thinking it's time to try one of new Samuel Adams brews)

Edited by 3bob

In many aspects of my life I like surprises so all those unknowns are a nice surprise when I encounter one.  (Some of them I don't care much for but that's beside the point.)

that is some very interesting beer unknowns. but do you know what is even more unknown than the unknown itself?

its the unknown ingredients silly :P

like for example some of the ingredients in commercial beer: dried fish bladder, cochineal insects, animal skin, bones, anti-freeze :lol:
+ some spices for flavour like: MSG, EDTA, BPA and GMO - good stuff, and ofcourse many others, including a flavour of a beavers anal gland and rest is just a lot of quantities of petrol - pretty normal

some of the unknowns:

• Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) –  alcohol is already addictive with some people, but with MSG?! Holy smokes.

• Propylene Glycol (an ingredient found in anti-freeze)

• Calcium Disodium EDTA (made from formaldehyde, sodium cayanide, and Ethylenediamine)

• Many different types of sulfites and anti-microbial preservatives (linked to allergies and asthma)

• Natural Flavors (can come from anything natural including a beavers anal gland)

• High Fructose Corn Syrup

• GMO Sugars – Dextrose, Corn Syrup

• Caramel Coloring (Class III or IV made from ammonia and classified as a carcinogen)

• FD&C Blue 1 (Made from petroleum, linked to allergies, asthma and hyperactivity)

• FD&C Red 40 (Made from petroleum, linked to allergies, asthma and hyperactivity)

• FD&C Yellow 5 (Made from 
    petroleum, linked to allergies, asthma and hyperactivity)

• Insect-Based Dyes
    :
     carmine derived from cochineal insects to color their beer.

• Animal Based Clarifiers: Findings include isinglass (dried fish bladder), gelatin (from skin, connective tissue, and bones), and casein (found in milk)

• Foam Control: Used for head retention; (glyceryl monostearate and pepsin are both potentially derived from animals)

• BPA (Bisphenol A is a component in many can liners and it may leach into the beer. BPA can mimic the female hormone estrogen and may affect sperm count, and other organ functions.)

• Carrageenan (linked to inflammation in digestive system, IBS and considered a carcinogen in some circumstances)

cochineal-insect.jpgcoolant-additive-anti-freeze-21539-20516

i think these two dont mix though... :rolleyes:

but ofcourse the reason why they are unknown is because many dont want them to be known, so its like a secret knowledge for those who are ready to know the absolute and the end game of beer

so as you see there are still a lot of unknowns to be known, and everyday comes a new unknown to be known !

i hope i made some unknowns known,

sincerely,

the unknown beer NOT drinker

• Like 1

oh hell where is the "organic", non gmo, etc. beer?   You know I've never put beer through a carbon filter like I do with the tap water...hummm.

Btw, I know it's hard to find a natural root beer without all sorts of crap and to much sugar added to it! :(

Edited by 3bob

German beer is pretty pure. They have laws.

commercial beer. from cans or bottles. packaged. any beer. does not have to label certain ingredients. if they had laws they would write the ingredients on the bottle. but there is none

on food it is required to write ingredients, on beer - no. cheers !

German beer is pretty pure.

They have laws.

German beer labels always carry the inscription "Gebraut nach dem deutschen Reinheitsgebot" or "Gebraut nach dem Bayerischen Reinheitsgebot von 1516" (brewed according to the German Purity Law or the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516). This "beer purity" law is one of the most remarkable and perhaps most misunderstood pieces of legislation. The original law was a ducal decree issued on April 23, 1516, by the Bavarian co-rulers Duke Wilhelm IV and Duke Ludwig X (below). It was introduced at a meeting of an assembly of the Estates of Bavaria, at Ingolstadt, some 60 miles north of Munich. Initially only in feudal Bavaria, but later in all of Germany, the Reinheitsgebot gave government the tools to regulate the ingredients, processes and quality of beer sold to the public (and to levy taxes on beer!). The Reinheitsgebot is the oldest, still valid food safety law in the world.

• Like 1

good to know

but the question is, is the same brand german beer sold in another country correspond to the same law, or only in germany.. !

• Like 1

I haven't been posting in this thread lately because I don't like beer so I don't care who makes it or how they make it.

I don't like beer either. I don't know anyone who likes beer, except maybe one person. I don't know many people in general, but since no one cares, I can tell you, alcohol tastes real bad to me. :lol:

Seriously tho, it tastes like alcohol. I don't know why people drink it. Sounds like it should be used for fuel or something. I think we're putting it in the wrong engine. :lol: But I don't judge. People are very strong. They can take it. :ph34r:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I don't like beer either. I don't know anyone who likes beer, except maybe one person. I don't know many people in general, but since no one cares, I can tell you, alcohol tastes real bad to me. :lol:

Seriously tho, it tastes like alcohol. I don't know why people drink it. Sounds like it should be used for fuel or something. I think we're putting it in the wrong engine. :lol: But I don't judge. People are very strong. They can take it. :ph34r:

I do enjoy wine though.  And I do talk about my Southern Comfort now and then.

If you could handle the smell beer would likely make a good muscle rub agent.

• Like 1

I do enjoy wine though.  And I do talk about my Southern Comfort now and then.

If you could handle the smell beer would likely make a good muscle rub agent.

Haha,

got me thinking, one time I did drink white wine, and it did taste sweet and fresh. Especially if you drink it cold and in a wine glass, and contrast it with some candlelight reflecting of the violin players standing underneath the firework display of the heavenly night starlit sky. Filled with galaxies of all kinds. That would be a pleasant sight to be accompanied by the taste of wine.   :wub:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Haha,

got me thinking, one time I did drink white wine, and it did taste sweet and fresh. Especially if you drink it cold and in a wine glass, and contrast it with some candlelight reflecting of the violin players standing underneath the firework display of the heavenly night starlit sky. Filled with galaxies of all kinds. That would be a pleasant sight to be accompanied by the taste of wine.   :wub:

you got yourself a friend, marblehead :D

• Like 1

you got yourself a friend, marblehead :D

Yeah, but I'm too old for that wine by candlelite and violin music stuff.  (I prefer fiddle playing anyhow.)

Sign in to follow this