opendao

Online Training in Internal Alchemy

Daode Center has recently started on-line classes in English. We decided to begin with Daogong, preliminary exercises from the traditional Qigong (Yangsheng) legacy. Daogong helps to obtain self control, cheerfulness and ability to work with the energy-Qi inside and outside of the body. Usually it takes about 3 months to learn, then students continue by the first level of Internal Alchemy as taught in Yu Xian Pai school.

Before we've used on-line video a lot, but the actual knowledge transmission has been done in person. Now we work with people we've never seen before. So far the results are really good, and some people even could start the first level of Yu Xian Pai's Internal Alchemy. You can read their opinions on our forum: http://forum.daode.ru/f1461/new-online-students-32179/?langid=1

The classes are being held once a week on weekends. If you are interested in joining the group please contact me by PM or send an email to [email protected].

• Like 11

I've been taking these online lessons (live, via skype) for two months now. The lessons are effective, and even though the students and the teacher may be separated by thousands of miles, it feels as if we're in the same room together. So far, I've only learned some of the Daogong movements, but already I feel much better, and certain chronic health ailments have either lessened, or are completely gone. I have lost weight, and have a general sense of well-being, centered-ness,and balance. I am sleeping much better as well. I was taking prescription pain medication, and sleep medication for several years, and I haven't had any for several weeks. There is a definitive buzzing, vibration, or warmth throughout my body after having practiced, and also a warm flowing sensation that accompanies it. I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain what these feeling are, but I can only judge by my physical improvements that it relates to Chi, and unblocking channels. I will be a life-long practitioner of what I am learning, and am looking forward to hopefully learning the first level of YuXianPai internal alchemy in a month or so. I'm very greatful to Shifu Alexey for making this valuable system open and available to those of us whom are English speakers, and live far away from St. Petersburg. I hope I am fortunate enough to be able to attend a seminar there one day. Until then, I will practice what I have learned diligently.

• Like 7

Opendao, would you like to represent the curriculum or training map for us ... ... step 1 ...  step 2 ....

So we can get idea, what you teach ...

Jox ...  :)

Edited by Jox

I'd like to add that

in Kungfu movies they use the term "cheeky" a lot since it's British - but also pretty hilarious to say that now a days since it makes people feel uncomfortable. He's being "cheeky."

But in terms of alchemy training - the "cheeky" takes on new meaning like - dude got some serious anus flexing skills so watch out.

I'd like to add that

in Kungfu movies they use the term "cheeky" a lot since it's British - but also pretty hilarious to say that now a days since it makes people feel uncomfortable. He's being "cheeky."

But in terms of alchemy training - the "cheeky" takes on new meaning like - dude got some serious anus flexing skills so watch out.

I think that this comment (and the former) corresponds rather to this thread:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38209-anus-control-and-breathing/

Everybody thought Jox was some fake automatic "like" meme - wow a real person? (flexing my anus - thanks Nathan!).

I'd like to add that

...  :blink:  ...   :ph34r:  

• Like 1

I've been taking these online lessons (live, via skype) for two months now. The lessons are effective, and even though the students and the teacher may be separated by thousands of miles, it feels as if we're in the same room together. So far, I've only learned some of the Daogong movements, but already I feel much better, and certain chronic health ailments have either lessened, or are completely gone. I have lost weight, and have a general sense of well-being, centered-ness,and balance. I am sleeping much better as well. I was taking prescription pain medication, and sleep medication for several years, and I haven't had any for several weeks. There is a definitive buzzing, vibration, or warmth throughout my body after having practiced, and also a warm flowing sensation that accompanies it. I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain what these feeling are, but I can only judge by my physical improvements that it relates to Chi, and unblocking channels. I will be a life-long practitioner of what I am learning, and am looking forward to hopefully learning the first level of YuXianPai internal alchemy in a month or so. I'm very greatful to Shifu Alexey for making this valuable system open and available to those of us whom are English speakers, and live far away from St. Petersburg. I hope I am fortunate enough to be able to attend a seminar there one day. Until then, I will practice what I have learned diligently.

Thanks Nathan for your interesting post. I know it's hard to keep inside, when something starts changing your life, and these changes are so evident and uncommon. And this where the border between traditional teaching and modern inventions is: ancient knowledge makes life better without any questions. Other people can read it even "between lines" of your text. And the body accepts such practices, and wants to practice more and more. While modern so-called "healing systems" always leave a feeling that it's all in vain or not in a right direction.

I really want to thank one more time all the participants. Again, it's open to everybody, and not so hard as before, and it's a real chance to start practice the traditional methods, without "guessing", "inventing" or taking risks to get a very widespread "qigong sickness". We're preparing some workshops, and are going to start another group soon. 

• Like 3

Opendao, would you like to represent the curriculum or training map for us ... ... step 1 ...  step 2 ....

So we can get idea, what you teach ...

Yes, there is a lack of information, so we're preparing more detailed description.

Shortly speaking, step 1 is Daogong, which is a set of preliminary exercises. After a few months, students continue with the first big step of Yu Xian Pai Internal Alchemy, which starts with a special practices for internal organs (zhang & fu). Plus we're planning workshops in various locations, there it will be possible to get some additional exercises, including some from Wu-Liu Pai school.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a lack of information, so we're preparing more detailed description.

Does this require payment to participate?

I should move this to "Upcoming Events" where either payment or non-payment events are shared.

• Like 1

Does this require payment to participate?

I should move this to "Upcoming Events" where either payment or non-payment events are shared.

it's not an "event", it's a thread about online practices in our school.

Btw, even events have never been a problem: http://thedaobums.com/topic/37345-stillness-movement-nei-gong-workshop-6-8-december-2014/  ;)

Any way, in events we will post about the upcoming seminar for sure.

p.s. dawei, "flexing anus" and "cheeky" slang suddenly became a standard of the new TDB? Kinda disgusting...

• Like 1

Probably should get moved to the subforum - "systems and teachers there of" - since obviously the thread is focused on a certain system and the teachers there of - one of whom is posting in the thread.

But hey I'm not a mod.

Btw - where did my Wang Mu Foundations of INternal Alchemy thread go? Is there some book discussion subforum?