Sign in to follow this  
nightwatchdog

Bermuda Shorts...

Hello everyone. I stumbled across the site this evening looking for information on jing cultivation. There is some interesting stuff out there, and since I've been doing it on my own, it'd be nice to have a bit of guidance. I'm not much for long winded discussions on the deeper nature of the Universe, but rather more interested in practical ways to deepen my understanding first hand.

I have practiced Zen and recieved formal instruction at a monastary for a time. I've practiced martial arts for twenty five years. Specifically I've trained Pa Kua Chang, Aikido, Jujutsu, dabbled in Tai Chi (which was too complicated for my taste), and Hsing-i Chuan. Currently I train Hsing-i Chuan exclusivly. I've absorbed useful things from all of the styles, but for me, I'm at a stage in my life when I'm more interested in refining what works and discarding whatever is vestigial. That means Hsing-i recieves the brunt of my training time at this point. The focus on daily Chi cultivation and simple, effective fighting movements are all I could ask for.

I'm interested in herbs, and have made a nominal study of thier uses in the chinese tradition. Unfortunately a degree in TCM is outside the scope of my current life situation, but who knows what may come?

I registered in the hopes to be able to peek into other members daily training logs in order to find inspiration, and perhaps glean training tips for my Chi Kung practice. Unfortunately that area is still blocked to me. If it remains so, then I may fade away quickly. I'd rather practice than sit in front of my computer anyway.

edit: Now I can see you all in the personal forum. It's lovely to meet you, although you may not have known I was watching. Cheers.

Edited by nightwatchdog

I was wondering who was peeking in on us in the dark B)

Welcome to the site. Don't hesitate to post a new topic or reply to any posts.

Michael

Thanks Michael. I was beginning to think that perhaps I should've declared I was a woman, even though I'm not, just so I could get a hello. (Snort!)

I will take you up on your offer as soon as I can find something meaningful to say. :)

Sign in to follow this