Sign in to follow this  
ivar3

Dantian breathing - plateau

I don't know if you guys really call it a plateau. Anyway I've done progress with Dantian breathing

(The range of the sexual energy used to increase after every time)

However, nowadays I only feel the energy in my hands and arms. Also a slight circulation between arms and legs. But that's it.

What do I do to make it easier for the energy to expand?

I have no way of knowing if this is true in your case but generally speaking, sensations cease after a while, it's completely normal and a sign that you've moved on to a more refined state.

It's a tricky situation to be in and we all fall for it at one point or another.

• Like 1

I don't know if you guys really call it a plateau. Anyway I've done progress with Dantian breathing

(The range of the sexual energy used to increase after every time)

However, nowadays I only feel the energy in my hands and arms. Also a slight circulation between arms and legs. But that's it.

Well, eventually you would want to get to a place where there are no sensations of the body (subtle or otherwise) at all, and "thats it"... because thats when the expansion of energy becomes potentially limitless... and "sensations" ceases to be an applicable term for the experience

Sensations like that are a kind of resistance, in a sense.  Of course there is a fine line between perceptions and awareness itself, and that is what you are working with... eventually at the most raw level possible

• Like 1

oooooh okay I get now I think. Is it correct to say that:

the goal is not so much to "forcefully" MAKE the energy spread with deep breathing 

but rather that the energy is already there!

the goal is to numb yourself from the "regular" sensations,

and by doing that, the only thing that's left is the energy

(and the energy that is there is limitless)

?

Dan Tian practice is the foundation to so many other practices... for a reason... which IMO suggest in cases like yours that your reading to expand you practices beyond the dan tian.   

They could be circulation practices (in stillness and/or movement), gate breathing (crown, palms, soles), multiple gate breathing (more than one at the same time (down crown and up soles to meet and mix), or you focus the energy to the next higher center (middle dan tian), or at least use that as part of breathing and circulating practices.   

Next, would be including the heart... then throat... and then your up to the upper dan tian.   Just looking forward a bit.

the goal is to numb yourself from the "regular" sensations,

and by doing that, the only thing that's left is the energy

(and the energy that is there is limitless)

?

No not at all.. "numb" is the wrong idea.  Think about it like this - if you are looking at a small pond from above, and there is some grass floating in it, you will notice it very clearly as it moves around.  If you are looking at the entire ocean from above, and there is some grass floating in it, you wont notice it at all.

Sign in to follow this