ralis

Jesus Camp: Documentary Exposing Religious Brainwashing of Children.

Highlights of the full length movie posted here on Youtube link and is available streaming on Netflix. Just started watching and the treatment by adults to use these children for religious political purposes is alarming and sick.

http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70054721&trkid=13462100&tctx=-99%2C-99%2C176ad3d8-c3e0-4ea4-9817-3bde1d06498e-142231104

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

I could only watch a little bit of the beginning of that .,..  that woman commandant is obviously a bully and a power tripper that wants to hold her will over little children - sicko!  

I always wondered how those 'grown up' Christians ended up the way they way they did. 

I've seen a lot worse 'education' of Muslim children.

What a mess. 

When I worked with the Bahai s I was impressed with their approach; their children are supposed to learn about all religions , including their parents Bahai religion. As they enter maturity they are to chose one themselves, even if it is to become a  Bahai, they have to wait to a certain age and make the choice themselves.   I never met one of them that were a ranting fundamentalist,  but then again they accept progressive revelation and not the 'one is right, hence all others wrong view'.  

• Like 3

These are the type that want a theocracy in the U.S. They believe that the U.S. is a Christian nation founded on biblical principles and should return to such. Very dangerous ideology. I suppose that basic civics is not being taught in their schools regarding separation of church and state. Come to think of it these children probably don't go to school or are home schooled.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

FWIW, the Treaty of Paris was actually authored by the Tripolitans in Arabic (the US emissary was given an English translation after the fact) and had been signed twice in Northern Africa before anyone in the US saw the translated text. It was ratified unanimously but was broken by the Pasha of Tripoli five years later with the beginning of the USA's first war. The Treaty of Peace and Amity which concluded the Tripolitian War and which replaced the Treaty of Tripoli was not written first in Arabic & translated into English after the fact and it conspicuously did not contain that verbiage.

Just food for thought...

Religion and religious freedom are in the process of diminishment and replacement with "science".

There are 110 legislative bills being pushed in 36 states right now to eliminate or reduce religious exemption to vaccines.

Associating "religious freedom" with this type of overt behavior and descrimination is a "switcheroo".

There is also a bill in Indiana supposedly protecting the "religious freedom" of business owners to not serve gay-marriage couples. This bill is custom-made to be shot down, but allows plenty of people to fight over it first.

The fight is a show, to solidify public opinion in a specific way.

These are all attempts to associate religious freedom with items and behaviors that the general public will certainly find objectionable, paving the way to eliminating this very same freedom to object to mandatory vaccination. 110 bills pushed in 36 states is a lot of effort, and is happening right now, and is focussed on this same concept of "religious freedom" to the public.

-VonKrankenhaus

Religion and religious freedom are in the process of diminishment and replacement with "science".

There are 110 legislative bills being pushed in 36 states right now to eliminate or reduce religious exemption to vaccines.

Associating "religious freedom" with this type of overt behavior and descrimination is a "switcheroo".

There is also a bill in Indiana supposedly protecting the "religious freedom" of business owners to not serve gay-marriage couples. This bill is custom-made to be shot down, but allows plenty of people to fight over it first.

The fight is a show, to solidify public opinion in a specific way.

These are all attempts to associate religious freedom with items and behaviors that the general public will certainly find objectionable, paving the way to eliminating this very same freedom to object to mandatory vaccination. 110 bills pushed in 36 states is a lot of effort, and is happening right now, and is focussed on this same concept of "religious freedom" to the public.

-VonKrankenhaus

I wrote the OP regarding the brainwashing of children by religious zealots described in the movie. The vaccination comments are off topic. Did you watch the movie or have a comment?

• Like 1

All joking aside this is the equivalent of spiritual rape and blackmail, these kids will never be able to let go of this fear imprint. Sad.

• Like 2

All joking aside this is the equivalent of spiritual rape and blackmail, these kids will never be able to let go of this fear imprint. Sad.

Exactly! The fear is densely somatized with few exceptions. Suppressed emotions when projected are dangerous to the society at large.

I had friends from some very religious households, Jewish as well as Christian fundamentalist.  Come adulthood, college, exposure to the wider world and they left much of the dogma behind.  I think its possible to let go of it.  Helps to escape the environment though. 

Maybe it was ever thus.   We, the U.S always had a back stream of religious zealotry of different shapes and sizes.  So its nothing new, just focusing the camera on long time phenomena.  

<>You know what else, camp is camp.  I went to YMCA Christian camp, didn't mean I became Christian.  A kid goes to Space camp doesn't mean he'll become an astronaut. Kids screaming at a rock concert aren't so crazy in real life.

Hmnn, Ted Cruz is basing much of his presidential campaign on being the 'godly' campaigner.  Frankly, it might win a few primaries but in the States in general its a losing hand. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I had friends from some very religious households, Jewish as well as Christian fundamentalist.  Come adulthood, college, exposure to the wider world and they left much of the dogma behind.  I think its possible to let go of it.  Helps to escape the environment though. 

Maybe it was ever thus.   We, the U.S always had a back stream of religious zealotry of different shapes and sizes.  So its nothing new, just focusing the camera on long time phenomena.  

<>You know what else, camp is camp.  I went to YMCA Christian camp, didn't mean I became Christian.  A kid goes to Space camp doesn't mean he'll become an astronaut. Kids screaming at a rock concert aren't so crazy in real life.

Hmnn, Ted Cruz is basing much of his presidential campaign on being the 'godly' campaigner.  Frankly, it might win a few primaries but in the States in general its a losing hand. 

I think there is a wide gap between the psychological terror portrayed in this video and the average religious dogma most of us learn as children, especially when you understand the unseen dynamics behind what's going on in there. :D

• Like 2

Most of the Founding Fathers were secret society Freemas0n Deists who intelligently rejected Biblical dogma...which is intended for the dumb masses to control them...not the massas smart enough to figure that out. :D

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man." - Thomas Jefferson

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies." - Benjamin Franklin

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity." - John Adams

"The Bible: a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalise mankind." - Thomas Paine

"The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries." - James Madison

This documentary is pretty close to many experiences from my childhood. It made me cry to watch it years ago and I recommend it to anyone that is curious about the Christian right in the USA - yes, they do teach their children to vote Republican from a young age.