Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Some Possible Refinement to Kunlun 1 Workshop

Hi Chris,

Hope you and Max take this in the spirit of a low level beginner having him mind blown away and totally in awe just interested in you guys doing your thing the best you can do it. Here are some things I would say could improved. It does feel sill for someone like me to say someone like Max could improve anything..but my feeling is it can.

1. The sexual energy practice was dealt with very haphasordly. Ok..we arent in ancient Egypy or ancient China. We ar ein the Safeway of spirituality nation. It's cool. It's fun. But the way Max explained the sexual energy practice to me/us.

I don't know..felt like glossing over something that should not be glossed over.

2. The diet. I realaize for some people not following Max's diet is obvious. Not me. To a morbedly obese fat child who basically ate Max's diet for the first 15 years or so to then besically meet a "superhero" who can eat whatever and maybe even do whatever...I am sorry..another major area that was basically glossed over.

3. Grounding. IMHO Max should not teach Red Phoenix at Level 1. You mentioned people died for that practice. Probably that was for a good reason. Sounds like maybe level 2 or 3 or even maybe if you go deeper with Max as apersonal student or something would be the time to introduce Red Phoenix. It has been way too much for me to handle.

Sounds like Mao Shan 5 Elements is a good practice to teach. I don't know.

So..I dont' know..take with a grain of salt I guess..but I jsut would like for this info to be expressed in the most appropriate way. And it is nice we have a forum to openly discuss these things and that Max is so open.

Ok, thanks.

Your friend,

Cam

Edited by Cameron

Cam,

Dude... I'm hoping he'll roll out Red Phoenix in Phoenix!!!

You are unusually sensitive... most people, myself included, are much more thickheaded.

Diet and sexuality are so individualistic that it would be hard to really cover it in detail... I think the theory is that those sort of secondary supportive practices and lifestyles will come into alignment in due time.

Yoda

hehe..ok..sorry..ok Yoda is giving the thumbs up to teach Red Phoenix at Level 1.

Man this Taobums thing is so ridiculously fun yet stupid...ahhhhh.

Have fun.

You are unusually sensitive... most people, myself included, are much more thickheaded.
True, Cam is basically a "Kunlun prodigy" quite far from the norm...

I think with very limited time, Max chose to give us more meat than gravy and I personally liked that. He did touch upon all the main points without overloading us with too many details, that would have been premature for most of us noobs. And in China, you were simply expected to deal with and figure out a lot of this stuff on your own afterwards by "facing the wall" anyways...

So sure, a few laggards or prodigies might fall outside of this bell curve and need some additional instruction, but I think it was a good pace for most of us. For those extreme data points, a support group like here is useful to share some extra info. Also, I personally don't think anything "bad" is happening to Cam...just a lot of good things that are just happening very fast.

Edited by vortex

I suggest a statement that, while M & helpers are doing everything they can to assist empower and smooth the ride, that everyone has layers of stuff to get through and everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves - and students need to exercise that responsibility by pacing themselves. Some will need to more be willing open up, some need to back off a bit - and only each of us can judge that best.

When I was young and strong I went at this sort of stuff as with all I had, all the time - and I think that that's typical, especially for young males. We think that we're invincible, plus most of us have never really been exposed to "fast track" practices. (Partly, obviously, I'm talking about Cam. But, really, I did the exact same thing when I first got a-hold of practices that produced results. :D )

There's a medium place of pressure and speed, where you go fast enough so that it's progressive, but not so fast that you hurt yourself. It's the student's responsibility to monitor that place. And, yup, the teacher helps out as best he/she can.

Of course, the learning curve is not entirely avoidable. :) "Live & learn", and all that. A big part of it is just the very pedestrian process of getting in there and experiencing what happens, then learning in retrospect, adjusting. Like learning anything else.

I suggest a statement that, while M & helpers are doing everything they can to assist empower and smooth the ride, that everyone has layers of stuff to get through and everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves - and students need to exercise that responsibility by pacing themselves. Some will need to more be willing open up, some need to back off a bit - and only each of us can judge that best.
I totally agree with this - which is why mileage varies for different people...

However, sometimes less is more and not telling us that forces us to empty our cups and approach the practice with an open mind. As opposed to having too many preconceptions that could possibly be false and hinder us.

Edited by vortex

hehe..ok..sorry..ok Yoda is giving the thumbs up to teach Red Phoenix at Level 1.

:lol:

Why are you guys wasting time thinking about things?

'cause it's an amusing way to spend the day. Can't practice all the time :)

FWIW the practice seems fine, the majority is going o.k. Out of a large group of people who are intrested enought to go to a seminar I would expect a few to...........

well basically "freak out." (guess you are the lucky one ! ) Just like there will be some where nothing happens at all.....

In hindsight which one would you prefer to be?

(Cam try not to respond till your no-post deadline expires ! )

Ok. Here's something I'm just tinkering with. The kunlun method feels somewhat too "in front" for me - too much in the front part of the body, belly, nerve plexuses - so here is something I'm doing afterward in order to balance out.

Front~Back Points meditation

I just choose a pair of points, at the front and back of my body, same height, not necesarily acupoints, and hold my attention on that pair of points for a minute or so. Starting somewhere on the sacrum + front, and then next pair up 2-3 inches, and so on up the front~back up through the height of around the solar plexus or there-abouts (at least past the kidneys, ie: ming men).

What this prompts if for the energy to play back and forth between the front~back points. Whatever way it wants to play, no specific direction intended, just hold the points and whatever happens or doesn't happen is ok.

For me, so far, it balances out the kunlun front emphasis with some spine integration.

This is not a "recomendation", only reporting what I've recently tried that felt good to me. I find it more stabalizing which makes sense because the nerve plexuses are more up front and there is more sensation, active psychology, etc, and the back is less so and has more of the stability of bone.

governor.gif

Sign in to follow this