Trunk

LDT method: hui yin <-> navel

That is unimportant. I'll just say that is a Taoist method of Nei gong, I have absolutely no doubt that it is authentic and I know that it develops the ability to project Zhen qi or the electric qi that John Chang made famous. It is also definitely not JAJ's system.

I am here on this site mostly to try to figure out a few questions that I still have unanswered that still bother me and maybe in the process help other people who maybe need a little help with understanding some things. :)

Cozma,

Well its not about importance more of a common courtesy.

Zhen Qi happens in just about all authentic taoist neigong.

Once you have authentic taoist neigong you must know that you have the right method and it what point it is attained.

My practice attains the zhen qi as well. 

The Gum Guang Ging is electric it's internal power after all....

Edited by JinlianPai

Continuing to really dig this method.   :D

I find that I do it for only very short periods of time and the process / work continues for a half day or more on it's own after.  I feel that it taps into something natural to the body and "puts things together" so very efficiently.

*bump*

• Like 1

Continuing to really dig this method.   :D

I find that I do it for only very short periods of time and the process / work continues for a half day or more on it's own after.  I feel that it taps into something natural to the body and "puts things together" so very efficiently.

*bump*

Sorry to intrude. Just a quick question - do you have a different outcome when you focus on the two points without moving your attention slowly over the between? In my own attempts I find that moving attention slowly tends to lead to "internal wind" sensations rather than "qi". Simply plying a decent quality of attention anywhere in the area may be grounding you somewhat / balancing the way to relate to your body rather than the world. The difference between the effects of the attentional yoga I performed when trying your method on for size and what I get from sustained concentration at either location was large.

Curious.

Edited by mostly_empty

I think that when meditating and breathing thru the lower dan tien it can easily connect and activate the base chakra, or whatever its Chinese name is, that point between the anus and the scrotum. In fact if you do enough of this activation it sure energises your ching chi as well (of course).

I spent some months specifically activating this base energy centre, every few hours I would pump chi through it and scrunch my PC muscles. It felt really good too, lots of energy.

It got to the point that I would leave my body at night when asleep and go flying with it. Its really hard to describe, but like riding a pogo stick, the energy beam came out of the base chakra and felt a bit like riding a beam of light or hot air.

I am sorry I can't really explain that any better.

I think the fellow this discussion is about highlights his dedicated approach to improving himself. It mentions that he spent 2 years meditating in a secret location with secret masters, that says enough to point out that the work he describes is more than just pumping chi into the body, it is about cultivation of his life purpose through dedicated practice.

I think we could all take a leaf out of his book and follow his example. Great thread that opens the mind to more than just theoretical mind games, its practical, thanks.

• Like 1

A variation that I've found effective:

1. inhale from the crown (center of top of head, Du-20 Bai Hui) down through the central channel to Ren-1 Hui Yin. (Bai Hui has a special relationship with Hui Yin.)

2. exhale earth up through Kid-1 and up to center at belly button level.

So you get some kinda heaven & earth mixed into it, earth connecting to the upper spot (navel level) and heaven at the lower (hui yin). :)

... then return to the regular Hui Yin <~> Belly button.

Also, the so ham mantra goes well with the above, as I find it does with pretty much all breathing practices. "So" on the inhale, "ham" on the exhale.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 1

I believe this method of developing the lower dan tian (as well as several potent variations) was shared by SonOfTheGods on the mopai.forumotion.cc site over a year ago, and on his 'personal practice' before that. Good to see its been working for you! :)

This method can be found in Winrar #1, folder 4 "LoneMan Pai Techniques" named "Technique #1".

The Winrars are free for anyone interested on the front page of lonemanpai.com :)

• Like 2

Excellent technique. Sonofthegods is some Caucasian dude who have a protruding mdt, stigmata marks, can perform telekinesis from 12 feet away all shown on video. He healed of my back pain and shoulder pain. One of a million type of sorcerer you would like to msg about your problems whether it is real life or qigong problems. The only payment you have to make is forum contribution.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I believe this method of developing the lower dan tian (as well as several potent variations) was shared by SonOfTheGods on the mopai.forumotion.cc site over a year ago, and on his 'personal practice' before that. Good to see its been working for you! :)

This method can be found in Winrar #1, folder 4 "LoneMan Pai Techniques" named "Technique #1".

The Winrars are free for anyone interested on the front page of lonemanpai.com :)

Excellent technique. Sonofthegods is some Caucasian dude who have a protruding mdt, stigmata marks, can perform telekinesis from 12 feet away all shown on video. He healed of my back pain and shoulder pain. One of a million type of sorcerer you would like to msg about your problems whether it is real life or qigong problems. The only payment you have to make is forum contribution.

Thank you for the kind words :)

• Like 2

I've been to SotGs website and he has some interesting stuff.  :)  Serious practitioner.

I've been tinkering with a concise motif for painting practices, simple variations on a circle, "Enzo":

enzo-8revtxt-s50.jpg

Here is Enzo demonstrating the version of the meditation that I've been talking about in this thread:

enzo-18txt-s50.jpg

(I also updated the post#9 that describes the meditation by adding the image, so it's all in one place.)

• Like 4

I've been to SotGs website and he has some interesting stuff. :) Serious practitioner.

I've been tinkering with a concise motif for painting practices, simple variations on a circle, "Enzo":

enzo-8revtxt-s50.jpg

Here is Enzo demonstrating the version of the meditation that I've been talking about in this thread:

enzo-18txt-s50.jpg

(I also updated the post#9 that describes the meditation by adding the image, so it's all in one place.)

I wish I would have brought over my *Respect Bow* emoticon

Thank you brother (& Enzo!)

-The imagery definitely enhances your commentary

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

Continuing to enjoy exploring this practice...
a few more thoughts, notes, etc's, and blah-blah-yadda-yadda's.  ;)

1. Occasionally it's helpful to shift the meditation so it is hui yin <-> navel level but not-quite-up-the-center: either further towards the front or back.

enzo19-s25.jpg

The idea being to activate the whole line between the navel and mingmen.

enzo20-s25.jpg

Might look familiar, and I do feel that it triggers this level of energetics:

enzo20-8weeks1b.jpg

Whether prenatal jing can really actually be restored (via *any* method at all), or to what degree, I don't know... but if it can even somewhat, I'd bet that this line (navel <-> mingmen) is involved.  This meditation triggers this relationship strongly, deeply, quick & easily.  :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

pre-celestial jing is restored by the saliva that forms from tongue against the roof of the mouth with the Emptiness meditation bring the yuan qi of the pineal gland connected to the yuan shen of the heart - down the conception channel to the lower tan tien.

That's from Foundations of Internal Alchemy.

I know John Chang speaks of yin-yang fusion but I must admit I do not know what exactly he is speaking about and that kind of bugs me. I suspect either misunderstanding, mistranslation or false information.

Why do you suspect mistranslation or false info? 

John Chang can demonstrate what no one else on this Earth can (or anyone that has shown themselves). I don't think we should shrug off what he and his students say in place of random schools and "masters".

I continue to be very happy with this very simple, very powerful LDT meditation.  :D

• Like 3

I continue to be very happy with this very simple, very powerful LDT meditation.  :D

Still preferring to do it as inhale / expand, exhale / contract?

Do you know if that was the original way or you did this because it was more natural?

• Like 2

Still preferring to do it as inhale / expand, exhale / contract?

Actually, the way I view this is that it is *primarily* a meditation.  The attention (yi) is focused into a luminous & empty small pearl and slowly goes from hui yin up center to the level of the umbilicus and then back down, repeatedly.

Sometimes I do it in conjunction with breathing, but just as often not.  I think that variations of breathing, and some with the pathways of alchemy, could be experimented with, added into the practice, changed as you see fit in your practice, changing even session to session if you feel it's appropriate.  ... but the basic stays, the meditation above.

This LDT method (just linking back to post #9 in this thread) is *so* SIMPLE, lol, yet really does major key stuff in developing the LDT.

Do you know if that was the original way or you did this because it was more natural?

I don't know the original way (how a teacher of lineage teaches this).  The only 'teaching' I got was John Chang's mention of the dynamics in that yt video (linked in 1st post of this thread), then I just did the simplest version of it (per my interpretation) which I have described.  :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

Actually, the way I view this is that it is *primarily* a meditation.  The attention (yi) is focused into a luminous & empty small pearl and slowly goes from hui yin up center to the level of the umbilicus and then back down, repeatedly.

Sometimes I do it in conjunction with breathing, but just as often not.  I think that variations of breathing, and some with the pathways of alchemy, could be experimented with, added into the practice, changed as you see fit in your practice, changing even session to session if you feel it's appropriate.  ... but the basic stays, the meditation above.

This LDT method (just linking back to post #9 in this thread) is *so* SIMPLE, lol, yet really does major key stuff in developing the LDT.

I don't know the original way (how a teacher of lineage teaches this).  The only 'teaching' I got was John Chang's mention of the dynamics in that yt video (linked in 1st post of this thread), then I just did the simplest version of it (per my interpretation) which I have described.  :)

That insight brings even greater adventures as it all comes together

• Like 2

Thank you for this brother. I practiced a similar meditation for a long time and found it a great technique.

Recently thanks to saiyaman's trumpeting (different thread), I found my way to sotg's tech one. Love it. worked it into my existing chi kung practice. 

I like the theme that developed in this thread though. That of simplicity. I know when I first got started with everything it can be so easy to chase new techniques in hopes that your going to accelerate your practice that much more. While the focus should really be on going deep with the right one. (of course when your starting out you don't know what is the right one without a teacher (which I did not have)).

-grok

• Like 3

A few notes re: this method from my experience so far...

1. This is a very strong technique.  And, though I was in my youth, I am not an extremist: steady sound gains, imo&e, come from consistent moderate progress, with attention to *harmony*.  Accordingly, I suggest that you do this techinique only to moderate results in any single session - and that the amount of time that takes will vary a great deal from person to person.  Don't be surprised if you do this for just a little while, and you feel like, "oh, that feels like plenty, but I've only practiced x minutes!".  imo, don't push it.  Also, this technique taps into something natural: it will keep working long after you've stopped practicing.  If you feel you've had enough of this method for a while, take as many days off from it as you need to... you might be a person who does it every day, or you might take several days off or more.  Listen to your body.  This is deep stuff.  Very effective.  Foundational changes.

2. Do some sort of aerobic exercise (jogging, etc).  It's possible, likely even, that this will prompt deep changes in your heaviest areas.  Running, jogging, or other aerobic sports, is important for lots of blood circulation and tissue exercise so that your body can circulate, process from the heaviest out through all the layers.  Just doing qigong alone is not balanced, over the long run (not saying you have to jog, etc, every day, but at least several times a week).

I've had lots of beneficial results with this.  Various good changes to my body, and has been quite beneficial to my various other practices.

Have fun!  :)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 3

any insights into emptiness this practice will result?

what my practice is to prove my method doesn't work or idea isn't gonna work out well then it starts producing stuff.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1