Sign in to follow this  
9th

The Death of Jesus and Buddha

45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. 

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias. 

48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. 

49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him. 

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

40px-Dharma_Wheel.svg.png

And the Venerable Ananda approached the Blessed One, and respectfully greeting him, sat down at one side. Then he spoke to the Blessed One, saying: "Marvelous it is indeed, and most wonderful! The earth shakes mightily, tremendously! Dreadful and astonishing it is how the thunders roll across the heavens! What could be the reason, what the cause, that so mighty an earthquake should arise?"

13 Then the Blessed One said: "There are eight reasons, Ananda, eight causes for a mighty earthquake to arise. What are those eight?

14 "This great earth, Ananda, is established upon liquid, the liquid upon the atmosphere, and the atmosphere upon space. And when, Ananda, mighty atmospheric disturbances take place, the liquid is agitated. And with the agitation of the liquid, tremors of the earth arise. This is the first reason, the first cause for the arising of mighty earthquakes.

16-21 "... and when the Tathagata becomes fully enlightened in unsurpassed, supreme Enlightenment; when the Tathagata sets rolling the excellent Wheel of the Dhamma; when the Tathagata renounces his will to live on; and when the Tathagata comes to pass away into the state of Nibbana in which no element of clinging remains — then, too, Ananda, this great earth trembles, quivers, and shakes.

the-silk-road-history.jpg

• Like 2

Here's the interesting thing Buddha had a son and there are rumors that Jesus had a kid so the bloodline of Buddha and Jesus could still exist.

• Like 1

The thing about blood is that it connects the spirit and body.

Thats the thing about christ so authentic the more you learn about it.

But here's another interesting thing.

It was said that jesus was the son of cleopatria and julius caesar.

A child named Caesarion who was called king of kings. Who was sent away by his mother for fear of his death.

he went into india and then into tibet became a buddhist but here's the thing they even claim that the soul of the universe came into him.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

Now they have a manuscript describing this the man who discovered this manuscript and brought this knowledge to the world there was 2 anthropologist who went to the villages and temples to disprove him and they couldnt.

So its interesting.

if that's the case then this might be the only image of christ.

cleo1.jpg

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 2

http://www.shaolin.org.cn/templates/EN_T_new_list/index.aspx?nodeid=358&page=ContentPage&contentid=2308

The following is a lineage chart of Chinese Chan tradition from the Twenty-eight Indian Patriarchs to the Six Chinese Patriarchs. It follows the Dharma transmission from generation to generation in an unbroken line since the time of the Buddha and provides validation of the lineage teachings.

1.       Mahakasyapa
2.       Ananda
3.       Sanavasa
4.       Upagupta
5.       Dhritaka
6.       Michaka
7.       Vasumitra
8.       Buddhanandi
9.       Buddhamitra
10.     Parsva
11.     Punyayasas
12.     Asvaghosa
13.     Kapimala
14.     Nagarjuna
15.     Kanadeva
16.     Rahulata
17.     Sanghanandi
18.     Sanghayasas
19.     Kumarata
20.     Jayata
21.     Vasubandhu
22.     Manura
23.     Haklenayasas
24.     Sinha
25.     Vasiastia
26.     Punyamitra
27.     Prajnatara
28.     Bodhidharma (the 28th Indian Patriarch, the First Chinese Chan Patriarch)

Chinese Chan Buddhism

First Patriarch: Bodhidharma

Second Patriarch: Huike

Third Patriarch: Sengcan

Fourth Patriarch: Daoxin

Fifth Patriarch: Hongren

Sixth Patriarch: Huineng

Since originally introduced by Bodhidharma and promoted by five successive patriarchs, Chinese Chan Buddhism has continuously and productively developed up till now.

2010-06-08_103204.jpg

Bodhidharma

2010-06-08_103232%281%29.jpg

Huike

2010-06-07_165148seng.jpg

Sengcan

2010-06-07_165430daoxin.jpg

Daoxin

2010-06-07_165232hongren.jpg

Hongren

2010-06-07_165400huineng.jpg

Huineng

• Like 1

I hate sometimes troubled that great men have to become mythologized as gods in order for there philosophy to be taken seriously.  I think it distracts from there teaching. 

bit of editing to chillax.

Edited by thelerner

I hate that great men have to become mythologized as gods in order for there philosophy to be taken seriously.  I think it shows our weakness and distracts from there teaching. 

Well.. my original post was just something I found interesting... that two extremely different sacred texts from ancient times indicate that the death of a holy man causes earthquakes.  I wonder if it was some kind of common knowledge that was passed around, like an urban legend or something.

Also, Ive always found it interesting that the Buddha seemingly identifies the framework of the Earth's crust floating on the mantle, back in 400 BC or such.  Of course, by "liquid" he may have meant water.. but its still interesting.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this