Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Dairy: Breast and Prostate Cancer

Dairy: Breast and Prostate Cancer

http://www.pcrm.org/.../health-concerns-about-dairy-products

The danger of dairy product consumption as it relates to prostate and breast cancers is most likely related to increases in insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which is found in cow’s milk.22 Consumption of milk and dairy products on a regular basis has been shown to increase circulating levels of IGF-1.23,24 Perhaps the most convincing association between IGF-1 levels and cancer risk is seen in studies of prostate cancer. Case-control studies in diverse populations have shown a strong and consistent association between serum IGF-1 concentrations and prostate cancer risk.25 One study showed that men with the highest levels of IGF-1 had more than four times the risk of prostate cancer, compared with those who had the lowest levels.26 In the Physicians Health Study, tracking 21,660 participants for 28 years, researchers found an increased risk of prostate cancer for those who consumed ≥2.5 servings of dairy products per day as compared with those who consumed ≤0.5 servings a day.19 This study, which is supported by other findings,27,28 also shows that prostate cancer risk was elevated with increased consumption of low-fat milk, suggesting that too much dairy calcium, and not just the fat associated with dairy products, could be a potential threat to prostate health.
In addition to increased levels of IGF-1, estrogen metabolites are considered risk factors for cancers of the reproductive system, including cancers of the breasts, ovaries, and prostate. These metabolites can affect cellular proliferation such that cells grow rapidly and aberrantly,29 which can lead to cancer growth. Consumption of milk and dairy products contributes to the majority (60-70 percent) of estrogen intake in the human diet.

In a large study including 1,893 women from the Life After Cancer Epidemiology Study who had been diagnosed with early-stage invasive breast cancer, higher amounts of high-fat dairy product consumption were associated with higher mortality rates. As little as 0.5 servings a day increased risk significantly. This is probably due to the fact that estrogenic hormones reside primarily in fat, making the concern most pronounced for consumption of high-fat dairy products.

//

Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in American men, other than skin cancer. About 1 man  in 7 will get prostate cancer during his lifetime. Prostate cancer is  the second leading cause of cancer death in men, behind only lung  cancer. About 1 man in 38 will die of this disease. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/overviewguide/prostate-cancer-overview-key-statistics

• Like 2

All due respect, I think this report is disinformation. I take supplements that are specifically intended to increase IGF-1 levels, ie, colostrum and deer antler - I have taken them in OBSCENE quantities (especially colostrum, as much as 10 tablespoons per day) ... for years. 2008-present. I'm doing just fine.

IGF-1 is growth hormone. It's an anti-aging and very healing agent. As a bodybuilder, I experienced levels of health far in excess of anything I knew as a teenager from hitting this stuff hard.

From my understanding, cancer needs 2 things to grow:

1. an acidic environment

2. lack of oxygen

this is why Max Gerson was so successful in treating cancer patients with his juicing therapies. Introducing mass quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables dramatically increases the alkalinity of the body, and some green foods also increase oxygenation.

I'll just say that dairy products are hideously dangerous because, in their pasteurized form they are HEAVILY acidic and mucous-forming, whereas raw dairy products have shown great healing properties. Ever wonder why it's illegal to sell raw dairy milk, and why little health food stores have literally been raided for selling this stuff, while the pasteurized stuff is mass-marketed with no consequences?

Anyway, be careful about sharing articles like this. So much disinformation is out there. IGF-1 is a really amazing compound and if we ever get beyond the dark ages of our kali-yuga nutrition we'll see that it's a very healing agent.

Edited by dogson
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"From my understanding, cancer needs 2 things to grow:

1. an acidic environment

2. lack of oxygen

this is why Max Gerson was so successful in treating cancer patients with his juicing therapies. Introducing mass quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables dramatically increases the alkalinity of the body, and some green foods also increase oxygenation."

-----

One other important factor is excess.

Cancer rates among the starving are quite low. In fact, during war times with lack of food, rates of most degenerative diseases going way down.

So Max Gerson also recommending what is essentially "fasting". Far less protein, etc.

This reduction of excess also causes a more alkaline condition, and the excess is producing acidic condition - no matter really "what" is in excess.

Cancer seems like one process, and where cancer appears (and these appear as different) shows what was in excess.

If you give raw juices and fruits to someone with leukemia, this would make them worse. Leukemia is in blood, circulating, expansive. Fruits are also expansive, so not good for this. To someone with prostate cancer, this will initially help them. Prostate cancer is downward and contracting - meats, hard fats, and salt, making tumor & hardening. Fruits contribute to opposite tendency - dispersing, expansive.

Location and type of cancer shows energetic and material properties of what was in excess.

But all are showing excess.

-VonKrankenhaus

Yeah, you're on to something - I think at a deeper level the idea of "excess" is an emotional condition which is causing the excessive behavior. A lot of healers say that cancer is just a pattern of negative energy. To truly heal the PERSON - that is, the bodymind, you have to look at what's happening in the mind/emotions, because that always has a corresponding condition in the body. The tragedy of our scientific tendency in the west to break everything down to little bullet points or quips about, protein does this, calcium does that, and totally ignoring the living totality of the person is completely missing the point.

Re:

-----

"The tragedy of our scientific tendency in the west to break everything down to little bullet points or quips about, protein does this, calcium does that, and totally ignoring the living totality of the person is completely missing the point."

-----

It would appear so.

But in terms of cancer and cancer treatments, is it really this "scientific tendency" that is causing what they are doing to be so ineffective?

And are they really missing the whole person?

When many people get a cancer diagnosis, they are told projections of "survival rates" - and people think this is survival from that kind of cancer.

Actually, this is survival projection from having the treatments, not the cancer.

In essence they are saying "well, if we cut out part of a major organ, and we poison you with very toxic chemicals, and then we expose you to radiation, then people we do that to usually live for another X months".

Survival from the actual cancer alone, nobody knows. That is not what is being predicted.

So all these non-food products and environmental toxins and neurotoxins that are making everyone stupified and dependent, if eating and living as a moron makes you so sick that you fall from producing to taking, they are basically saying that they will do this to you and kill you. This is like "selective breeding" program.

What other illness or unhealthy condition would anyone ever hope to heal by cutting, poisoning, and irradiating?

Good cold remedy?
No - preposterous.

These are the same things done to enemy in a war, and really nothing to do with healing of anything.

Who could believe that it possible to conduct a war inside their body against "part" of their body and "win"?

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

I'll just say that dairy products are hideously dangerous because, in their pasteurized form they are HEAVILY acidic and mucous-forming, whereas raw dairy products have shown great healing properties. Ever wonder why it's illegal to sell raw dairy milk, and why little health food stores have literally been raided for selling this stuff, while the pasteurized stuff is mass-marketed with no consequences?

Because raw milk is DANGEROUS!! Full of POISON!! It'll KILL YOU DEAD!!

It's not like humans have been drinking it for thousands of years... or... wait... :huh:

On a separate note, I disagree with modern dairy practices and therefore choose to buy my milk from a local, independent supplier. It is pasteurized, but the cows are not pumped full of hormones and, most importantly, the calves are not killed at birth just so the mother can be impregnated again as soon as possible to keep the milk flowing.

Edited by dustybeijing

Sign in to follow this