Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Spiritual Attitude

Seems to me your attitude towards your spiritual development is of paramount importance.

Where I am right now...feels like the attitude to have is let's just say you have FOREVER to improve yourself.

Let's just imagine we-allof us-are all off the hook for everything .I got this teaching from Jeannie Zandi. You and "everyone else" is just off the hook for everything-forver.

Now. Next step is what do you do after being off the hook for everything forver. This is a big question. Some say you imprive yourself .What does this mean to improve yourself?

What does it mean to get BETTER?

Is there ven a seperate self making decisions about whether anyone gets better or worse or not?

As far as I can see these are life and death questions.

Please discuss.

this isn't exactly discussing the topic, but i went to jeannie's website, and i think i love her. usually i would come across a site like that and i would dismiss the owner as some new-age airy-fairy type, but i really like what i feel from her.

just wanted to share.

to answer your question about what to do when off the hook for everything:

learn, explore, discover,

create, enjoy, and most of all, love.

to me, these are what it means to live.

Jeannie will be in Phoenix the same week as Sifu Max.

It's like..if someone were to get interested in this stuff(or is already interested) and asked me what to do?

I would say take a week off..hang with this teacher..then hang with this teacher.

If you dont' see God's face after that just kill yourself :lol:

Seems to me your attitude towards your spiritual development is of paramount importance.

Where I am right now...feels like the attitude to have is let's just say you have FOREVER to improve yourself.

Let's just imagine we-allof us-are all off the hook for everything .I got this teaching from Jeannie Zandi. You and "everyone else" is just off the hook for everything-forver.

Now. Next step is what do you do after being off the hook for everything forver. This is a big question. Some say you imprive yourself .What does this mean to improve yourself?

What does it mean to get BETTER?

Is there ven a seperate self making decisions about whether anyone gets better or worse or not?

As far as I can see these are life and death questions.

Please discuss.

In the first phase, you must stop improving yourself. Because your 'self' is nothing like you imagine. What we think about ourselves is just a bunch of believes, we hold to not feel the fear. Fear of becoming like our parents. Every self improvement is based on false base.

There are two side of us. The unchanging witness, and the forever changing energy. You can not improve the witness, and can not make the energy to stay same. In the first phase you recognize that you are the witness, that is called liberation, so you are never moved by the energy emotionally. That's the goal for example in advaita: who are you? emptiness, stillness, etc. You are not interested more in the world for your own sake. Then (it's automatic from here) you get involved for others, and the energy side gets improved, by staying in the moment, and stiff ideas disappear. And in the end you recognize, that the energy and the witness was never separated, that is enlightenment.

So this is what I think. But I can be totally wrong. :D

In the first phase, you must stop improving yourself.

I think about this a lot when I go out for a walk. Trees don't try to improve themselves. Deer don't try to improve themselves. Rabbits don't try to improve themselves. They just ARE. Only humans with their self consciousness try to change who they are. Is it to our benefit or does it just take us further away from the source?

Sign in to follow this