Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Native American Council Offers Amnesty to 240 Million Undocumented Whites

http://cityworldnews.com/native-american-amnesty/

At a meeting on Friday in Taos, New Mexico, Native American leaders weighed a handful of proposals about the future of the United State’s large, illegal European population. After a long debate, NANC decided to extend a road to citizenship for those without criminal records or contagious diseases.

“We will give Europeans the option to apply for Native Citizenship,” explained Chief Sauti of the Nez Perce tribe. “To obtain legal status, each applicant must write a heartfelt apology for their ancestors’ crimes, pay an application fee of $5,000, and, if currently on any ancestral Native land, they must relinquish that land to NANC or pay the market price, which we decide.

“Any illegal European who has a criminal record of any sort, minus traffic and parking tickets, will be deported back to their native land. Anybody with contagious diseases like HIV, smallpox, herpes, etc, will not qualify and will also be deported.”

Methinks.....
IT'S A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

I'd go for it, if i had $5k  :lol:

Despite the large number of Europeans residing in the United States, historical scholars mostly agree that indigenous lands were taken illegally through war, genocide and forced displacement.

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan
  • Like 3

I agree that the lands were taken illegally.  So much pain around this.  Still.  That said, I don´t think rounding up everybody who has herpes or whatnot and sending them off to Europe is the answer.

Perhaps a topic better suited for "Off Topic."

Liminal

• Like 1

honestly wasnt sure if off topic or general discussion was more appropriate, but i do believe this is a worthy discussion regardless of where it "belongs".

I cannot say for sure if this is a hoax - it sure oozes with it - but i can say that it strikes me as 'too little too late'.

However, regardless of weather or not it turns out any results, i do think it is a worthy cause, and could be refined if nothing else.

Banned for a 'cold sore '  ? 

Europeans getting 'native citizenship' for $5000  ? ? 

Weird !

• Like 2

This kind of publicity stunt probably generates more ill will then good.  Right now there are probably dozens of right wing and redneck sites publishing this and mobilizing action to fight such double reverse racism.

Hmmm 240 million  X $5000   ... Good Lord!  ....   Dont let Nauru here about this !

[  Nauru (population 9400), at 21 square kilometres . Nauru was demanding a visa fee of $1000 per asylum seeker per month. That will cost  $90 million or so to 2017, a windfall of about $9500 per Nauruan.

Australia has propped up Nauru for a decade, thanks to asylum-seeker politics. One would expect an offset to the new visa fees against the$32 million annual aid. But , the visa fees will be extras.

. It is the world’s equal-second-smallest state by population.

In 1998, during the plundering of Russia’s assets, the St Petersburg mafia washed US$70 billion (plus kickbacks) through banks in Nauru. There were 450 banks, including the Panacea Bank, domiciled in the same two-room shack, staffed by a woman with a broom. From 2000 to 2003 the USA classified Nauru as a rogue state for money laundering and indiscriminate sale of passports—Nauru had sold about a thousand for a reported $1500 each, including at least a couple to Al Qaeda operatives.

Nauru today receives aid at one of the highest rates per capita ($3500 plus) in the world. GDP per capita, surprisingly, is more than $7000 per capita (equal to the Ukraine), although this seems to include the aid. Nauruans pay neither business nor personal tax, which is nice for any politicians who put aside some lazy millions somewhere during the good old days. The Australian economist Helen Hughes estimated in 2004 that Nauru from 1968 to 2002 could and should have invested $1.8 billion (in 2000 dollars) from phosphate surpluses. Instead, most Nauruans now live in near-destitution: a quarter of the children are stunted from malnutrition and half those under five are anaemic. Half the men, and more than half the women, smoke. Life expectancy is only fifty-six for men and sixty-five for women. Alcohol-fuelled violence against women is rife.

According to the New Zealand government, Nauru’s public debt is around A$869 million, though lots of debt remains undocumented or disputed.

In the 2008-09 Nauruan budget, external debt was put at more than $500 million. Last October (2012) AusAid said that Nauru’s external debt had reduced from $370 million to $70 million between 2007 and 2010, but added that internal debt had risen from $265 million to $480 million, thanks to belated recognition of debts to depositors owed by the Bank of Nauru, which failed in 1998 soon after the local elite had whipped their money out. Today Nauru has no bank and no insurance company: people use cash or bank online with Australia. (Nauru’s official currency is the Australian dollar.)

82 per cent of them are overweight, possibly the world record. Nearly a quarter of adults have diabetes (among Nauruan women over fifty-five: 53 per cent)

The peak year was 1975 when phosphate earned $363 million, giving Nauruans a per capita GDP of $50,000, second only to Saudi Arabia.

Things had started well, with investment advice from parties such as Australian consultants Philip Shrapnel & Co. However, the island became a magnet for carpetbaggers, offering get-richer-quick schemes that contrasted with the pathetic returns recommended by former colonialists.

The most famous scheme involved only petty cash, about $4 million. The Nauruans financed a musical in London’s West End, Leonardo [da Vinci], a Portrait of Love. The whole Nauruan cabinet flew up to enjoy it but it bombed in a month.

Hughes says that Nauru was advised to invest $60 million in dubious bank instruments through the law firm of Allen, Allen and Helmsley. One of Allen’s partners skipped with $6 million. The total losses were never established.

A police chief bought himself a yellow Lamborghini, although Nauru has only a few kilometres of road. When it arrived, he was too fat to get into it. The road became littered with wrecks of four-wheel-drives and Honda Goldwing bikes piled up by drunks and unskilled riders. 

Phosphate revenue became insufficient in the late 1990s to bankroll the Nauruan lifestyle. The politicians maintained their high life by borrowing against the trust assets. General Electric Capital Division consolidated the debt by lending $236 million against the property portfolio, and foreclosed on it in 2004. When the receivers inspected Nauru House’s penthouse in Melbourne, used as a home-away-from-home and occasional football field by Nauruan big-wigs, they found twelve crates of unopened Grange Hermitage dating from the 1970s.

In waste, the daddy of them all was Air Nauru, which lost $40 million to $80 million annually until it collapsed in 2005. Nauru was also keen to buy its own ocean-freighter fleet but luckily this did not eventuate.

Air Nauru serviced twenty-nine destinations but often flew without passengers. At its peak, Nauru’s five Boeings could seat 10 per cent of the nation’s population. In Australia, that feat would require 11,500 equivalent jetliners. Sometimes fare-paid Air Nauru passengers were bumped when politicians commandeered the jets for shopping in Hong Kong. This made Nauru a chancy destination for tourists.

The airline had colourful misadventures. One of its B-737s arrived in Nauru one day in 1980 with the pilot’s face black, blue and bleeding. It had been waiting for take-off from Tarawa and a local resident invaded the plane and bashed the pilot. Why? Because during takeoffs, the 737s kept blowing the roof off the man’s grass hut.

Soon after, an Air Nauru B-727 was outbound for Kagoshima, Japan, with—as usual—no passengers, three Australian cockpit crew, a Japanese senior hostess and three indigenous hostesses, nursing hangovers. A brawl erupted when the Japanese told the team to make coffee for the cockpit. The pilot, unable to separate the combatants, dumped fuel and returned to Nauru, where two Nauruan hosties got first-aid. (The Japanese hostie practised taekwondo.)

By 2004 Nauru couldn’t pay its satellite phone bills, and lost contact with the world for a couple of months. Residents who, one local alleged, had used dollar notes for toilet paper, were now in shock.

The island however had turned the corner in September 2001, with Australia’s Prime Minister John Howard and his “Pacific Solution” for boat people. The Nauru solution, which began with a $20 million down payment, was so effective that the flow of incoming boat people dried up. Among the windfalls to Nauru were about $100 million in foreign aid and ad hoc largesse.

Australia, for example, gave Nauru an emergency grant of $1.2 million in 2003 to pay the public servants’ Christmas wages.

Howard’s compassionate successor Kevin Rudd scrapped the Nauru solution from 2007. But because this destroyed 100 jobs for local cooks, guards and clerks, the Labor government ramped up aid to compensate.

In August 2012, the boat-beleaguered Gillard government decided that Nauru was not a suppurating hell-hole after all, and sought Nauru’s agreement to re-open the camps. As we have seen, Nauru could name its own price.

At the outset of independence, Nauru litigated for compensation for the degradation of its mined land. In 1993 Australia settled for the formidable sum of $57 million upfront and $50 million in instalments. In fact, rehabilitation of the porous coral uplands is virtually impossible, so heaven knows where that money went. AusAid and the politicians did design a five-year rehab program in 2007 to be run by the Nauru Rehabilitation Program. AusAid now says, without a blush, “The corporation’s focus has been on mining operations”, and concedes that mining revenue is more valuable to the islanders than land rehabilitation.

The country today is ridiculously over-governed. It has eighteen members of Parliament (no women), six cabinet ministers, and thirteen ministries. There is one parliamentarian per 500 citizens. Power in Nauru runs via personal alliances, hence the high presidential turnover.

In Nauru anti-corruption drives are often announced and never successful, partly because among any five Nauruans, two are relatives. No one has ever been convicted over the scattering of $1.8 billion to the four winds.

( Extracted from 'The Naughty Nation of Nauru' by Tony Thomas  )  ]

• Like 2

Lots of American's ancestors had nothing to do with it. If mine did, I'd probably write an apology...but wouldn't give $5,000. That's just a scam. Also, anyone with a brain knows they have no legal power to deport American citizens.

• Like 1

Sorry dudes. This is a satire piece written by a satire journalist. Nothing of the sort happened or is happening. Can we move this to Off Topic now?

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 5

Lots of American's ancestors had nothing to do with it. If mine did, I'd probably write an apology...but wouldn't give $5,000. That's just a scam. Also, anyone with a brain knows they have no legal power to deport American citizens.

When the topic of "legal" gets brought up, it begs the question: Under current laws would the occupation of tribal lands ever have been "legal"?

If we were to respect the ancestral occupants of these lands and observed their own laws, would any of us really be legal occupants of these lands?

Sorry dudes. This is a satire piece written by a satire journalist. Nothing of the sort happened or is happening. Can we move this to Off Topic now?

I concur, it's not anything genuine that i can tell, but i also dont know how to follow up and find out first hand...  lol

This practically belongs in the pit already - not literally though :lol:

I agree that the lands were taken illegally. So much pain around this. Still. That said, I don´t think rounding up everybody who has herpes or whatnot and sending them off to Europe is the answer.

Perhaps a topic better suited for "Off Topic."

Liminal

I did my part and returned almost twenty years ago...

• Like 3

but i also dont know how to follow up and find out first hand...  lol

Here are other articles CityWorldNews has published in the four months that they've existed:

Handicapped People Whorehouse Busted By FBI

Scientists Engineering Vegetables To Taste Like Candy

“Cheating In Head” Now Grounds For Divorce In Arizona

It's just deductive reasoning from there.

And the other news sites this article has been printed on source it back to CWN. The whole site is satire. I'm pretty sure it's run by a stoned PolySci college kid in his dorm. He's probably busy with school or got bored of his site. He hasn't written anything in a month.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 2

Here are other articles CityWorldNews has published in the four months that they've existed:

Handicapped People Whorehouse Busted By FBI

Scientists Engineering Vegetables To Taste Like Candy

“Cheating In Head” Now Grounds For Divorce In Arizona

It's just deductive reasoning from there.

And the other news sites this article has been printed on source it back to CWN. The whole site is satire. I'm pretty sure it's run by a stoned PolySci college kid in his dorm. He's probably busy with school or got bored of his site. He hasn't written anything in a month.

http://cityworldnews.com/obama-on-one-dollar-bill/

That's something there!    haha  alright, so i gotta stop reading "news" on the web :P

Nearly all the native american lands held by any given tribe, were held by another until taken forcibly in war.

So if having lands fall on you magically via peace is what determines rightful ownership I don't think they qualify either.

• Like 1