Any other points of view that may

Contribute to their own understanding..."

Also this:

"...they rather perch on their own branch

And ignore the rest of the tree..."

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

I'm not convinced.

Why would I, who feels he has attained peace and contentment, listen to someone who is telling me that my peace and contentment is an illusion and that I am really ignorant of certain aspects of life I have yet not realized and once I realize these aspects I will understand how much I am really suffering?

There are times when we must close our mind to stupidy regardless of how beautifully the words are presented.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 3

I'm not convinced.

Why would I, who feels he has attained peace and contentment, listen to someone who is telling me that my peace and contentment is an illusion and that I am really ignorant of certain aspects of life I hav yet not realized and once I realize these aspects I will understand how much I am really suffering?

There are times when we must close our mind to stupidy regardless of how beautifully the words are presented.

I'm absolutely of one mind with you on this, MH

• Like 2

I'm not convinced.

Why would I, who feels he has attained peace and contentment, listen to someone who is telling me that my peace and contentment is an illusion and that I am really ignorant of certain aspects of life I have yet not realized and once I realize these aspects I will understand how much I am really suffering?

You wouldn't. This thread is not directed at you, or soaring crane either. Neither of you are naysayers, as far as I am aware.

I would have thought the title, "To The Naysayers" would have been self-explanatory. That this is directed only at naysayers, and really I had specific people in mind when I wrote this.

Also, if either of you were a naysayer, you wouldn't have been able to attain peace and contentment. If you have attained peace and contentment, you certainly won't be naysayng anyone.

Truly content and peaceful people are content and peaceful whatever their life experiences. They would be content and peacful no matter what others do or say. They would have no need to naysay.

Of course this is all only my opinion, as I am not peaceful or content, so I have no more idea what that feels like any more than enlightenment.

Then again, if you were truly content and peacful, this thread and the words of that poem should have no effect on you... It shouldn't even apply to you...

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

Thanks for the chuckle DreamBliss.

You are alright; I don't care what anyone else says.

Sure, you still have questions you need to find acceptable answers for.  That's part of life.  We all have or have had our questions; some find their answers and some don't.

Yes, I know the thread was not directed toward me or Soaring Crane.  But I felt I could be of just a tiny bit of help so I posted.

There is still time.  I didn't find my peace and contentment until I was in my 50's.  But then, I always have been a slow learner and I really didn't have many good teachers.  There are some things in life we have to do without a teacher.

• Like 2

there is still time.  I didn't find my peace and contentment until I was in my 50's.  But then, I always have been a slow learner and I really didn't have many good teachers.  There are some things in life we have to do without a teacher.

see, life starts at 50, I'm 51 :-)

from the same website:

We attack these creatures that drain us

Of our energy and time, but now I can see

That it is not worth a drop of breath

To engage these creatures

I rather look at the sunset

It looks quite beautiful today

• Like 3

Marblehead

It seems as if I may have misread or misunderstood what you initially said? If so I apologize. I'm afraid my intellegence is at a sort fo low ebb right now.

All Else

I didn't really want to mention the specific people I had in mind when I posted this. I wanted to keep it general.

It's really addressed to all the naysayers of LoA, who have not only disagreed with me about these techings, but have also, well there is no other way to say it, attacked my belief in them.

I can handle disagreements. I like opposing points of view. I embrace them. But if I have picked up a belief, especially one that requires faith, attacking it is not appreciated!

For the official record my physical age is 39, so you may all refer to me as, "Young Whippersnapper."

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

Marblehead

It seems as if I may have misread or misunderstood what you initially said? If so I apologize. I'm afraid my intellegence is at a sort fo low ebb right now.

No problem.  Just as long as you don't give me a Black Hole that eats up my stars.

I turn 51 next month.

One day you yung-uns will get there  ....

meanwhile ... this guy is gonna be real unpopular with the faux enlightenment  set ; 

Oh!  Hang on ....    he has put up a barricade    :wacko:   ...  ( or  'someone' has put a barricade around him. ;) )

Also he might nibble the ends of the branches  .... but I would not recommend any 'perching'  .

Horses dont belong in trees ...

and cows should not go into the in the kid's  play area !  

Pictured%2BThe%2Bpet%2Bdog%2Bin%2Ba%2Bpi

he

Sign in to follow this