JinlianPai

Golden Immortal

http://lotushouse.weebly.com/the-art-of-meditation-book-45.html

The highest in rank are gold celestial beings, next below are heavenly celestial beings, further down are Earth immortals, and then below that are ghost immortals. Gold celestials rank equal with the Four Nobles, also out of the cyclic realms of existence. Buddhism and Taoism have comparable realms. The Heavenly celestial beings are the various gods in Heaven; the Earth Immortals are gods in this world of endurance, while the ghost immortals are gods in all the realms.

The Ling Xian Sect you have founded makes no distinction between celestials and Buddhas. This "theory" may bring pressure upon you, for the earthly sects will label it as "departing from the classics and rebelling against orthodoxy." Such is the superficial view shared by ordinary people, who are short-sighted. In fact, your character Xian refers to gold celestials who are equal with Bodhisattvas, not just gods.

emits golden-colored light, it means that the individual has achieved Enlightenment. (Those who are trained in observation of light would focus their attention to the light emitting from here.) If gold light is emitted, the person is a realized monk.

The gold light at the central point is your true self. When your Heavenly Heart merges with that of the Universe, you become a Buddha. 

Your true ego reveals itself by rays of golden light radiating from the central point when you stare at the Void, hearing nothing, smelling nothing, tasting nothing, touching nothing, thinking no unhealthy thoughts, making no distinctions, with neither love nor hatred, with nothing to possess or abandon, treating all as equals.

https://books.google.com/books?id=t5pZaCTJX3oC&pg=PR12&lpg=PR12&dq=gold+lotus+immortal&source=bl&ots=HB5rwlzKRX&sig=rwGjxC0-tMomUEK4-VbJaNpBnBg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=aFLtVKGWJrHjsASLhYCIBQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=gold%20lotus%20immortal&f=false

The gold lotus of taoism symbolises enlightenment., the Tao (the Way) or spiritual rebirth. The opening of the flower is believed to represent the development  of spiritual potential of humans.

Any opinions or thoughts on Gold immortals?

• Like 4

I only really know of the 8 immortals in Taoism which I take with a pinch of salt (because I live in England and these are probably about as relevant as Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna and so forth)

I only really know of the 8 immortals in Taoism which I take with a pinch of salt (because I live in England and these are probably about as relevant as Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna and so forth)

I understand but it was this that caught my eye.

The highest in rank are gold celestial beings, next below are heavenly celestial beings, further down are Earth immortals, and then below that are ghost immortals. Gold celestials rank equal with the Four Nobles, also out of the cyclic realms of existence. Buddhism and Taoism have comparable realms. The Heavenly celestial beings are the various gods in Heaven; the Earth Immortals are gods in this world of endurance, while the ghost immortals are gods in all the realms.

Higher than the heavenly immortals...so I find this interesting.

I'm an anarch and will probably just laugh at the hierarchy of immortality.

Maybe that makes me a ghost immortal :lol:

But i don't see myself with limitations, only obstacles...   so whatever, i dunno, we'll see.

First hand experience and whatnot, who has THAT in this topic!!?

Very interesting website, thanks for the info!

I suspect that the meaning of the terms is just a different system, as he doesn't name Spirit Immortals:

Gold Celestial Beings => in other systems named: Celestial (Heavenly) Immortals / Rainbow Body Buddhas

Heavenly Celestial Beings => in other systems named: Spirit Immortals / Illusory Body Buddhas

I read today on his website most of his book you quoted from.

Most important for me is that in this guy's opinion, The Secret Of The Golden Flower method is the sole and ultimate practice to achieve the highest levels! B)

Also, his interpretation of this method matches and confirms mine 100%!

So, thanks again for bringing this website up!

Sure anytime! it was something I came across and it confirmed a few things I was thinking about as well.

Its my contention that gold immortals are able to emit gold light.

http://www.tbsn.org/ENGLISH2/article.php?id=1219

If it emits golden-colored light, it means that the individual has achieved Enlightenment. (Those who are trained in observation of light would focus their attention to the light emitting from here.) If gold light is emitted, the person is a realized monk. If there appears red light, the person is a sage. Grey light foretells misfortune or bad luck. Black light predicts great tragedy or evil.

https://books.google.com/books?id=a_olqazEVvMC&pg=PA115&lpg=PA115&dq=taoist+emits+golden+light&source=bl&ots=CBSPhXKp-S&sig=1CCxAPJrr4IzYDXeJLx46uw8oS0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=c37vVIXwIoiWgwS7wIGYCA&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=taoist%20emits%20golden%20light&f=false

If the immortal seed is fully developed the golden light will manifest.

So this confirms for me that the Golden elixir will cause the adept to emit gold light.

http://icbi.weebly.com/zhao-bichenrsquos-taoist-yoga.html

When the generative force (jing) has been restored in full and becomes as effective as at puberty, which is revealed when the genital organ draws in, both positive (yang) and negative (yin) vitalities (qi) unite to produce a bright golden light which shines like pure gold.  The white light of vitality (qi) reveals the imperfect body containing negative (yin) principle which can produce earthly states while the golden light reveals the fullness of generative force (jing), vitality (qi) and spirit (shen) which unite into a whole.’    

The vitality (qi) of nature is represented by negative (yin) energy – experienced as the cultivated golden light; 

the golden immortal stage of the indestructible diamond-body.  This is the ultimate achievement of the training which now comes to an end

If humanity can realise the essence of the wonderful cavities – then ten thousand years spent in training is not a bad thing, if the golden (light) of immortality is to be realised.

• Like 1

http://www.cttbusa.org/esscommentary/earthstore1_2.htm

Lu Xuan Chang immediately knelt down and said, “Vinaya Master, it's not that I did not make offerings yesterday but when I did, I could not enter your hut. More than a dozen miles radius around this hut shone with a golden light that was so bright I could not open my eyes. I could not see the roads in front of me. I asked the local earth Bodhisattva how come the golden lights were so bright up ahead that I could not proceed. The local earth Bodhisattva said, ‘Someone in the hut is a Bodhisattva in the flesh, a living Bodhisattva.’

Secret of the golden flower. What is the color of light? we will call it gold, what opens up? we will call it a flower. This teaching is direct with no method we can not force a flower to bloom. This type of light is not seen physically it is awareness of essence and life, yin and yang are combined to become whole. The original text comes from Complete Reality School which combines Taoist, Buddhist and Confucius teachings as one to over come superficial differences that may become road blocks on the way to understanding.

• Like 1

This type of light is not seen physically it is awareness of essence and life, yin and yang are combined to become whole.

Excellent point. Seeing such colors is just a translation (or arising) in mind.

• Like 2

Secret of the golden flower. What is the color of light? we will call it gold, what opens up? we will call it a flower. This teaching is direct with no method we can not force a flower to bloom. This type of light is not seen physically it is awareness of essence and life, yin and yang are combined to become whole. The original text comes from Complete Reality School which combines Taoist, Buddhist and Confucius teachings as one to over come superficial differences that may become road blocks on the way to understanding.

Thats interesting I thought it came from the Guan Yin sect who taught it to Lu Dongbin........

Excellent point. Seeing such colors is just a translation (or arising) in mind.

No not really.

The jindan isnt poetry.

Its alchemy.

There is a very very good chance that it is literal.

Sometimes you have to listen to what your actually being told....

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 1

http://www.integralworld.net/powers1.html

Taoists frequently refer to the sacred embryo as the golden flower

In Buddhism this is called the Reality Body or Dharmakaya Truth Body. The theory of embryonic enlightenment is the goal of both Buddhist and Taoist meditation practices. By refining and reversing the body's energy back to its starting point, recreating conception within the body, enlightenment or the return to void is achieved.

This concept of a self-generated, golden, unified being dissolving into emptiness at the time of enlightenment underlies Flower Garland or Hua Yen Buddhism and esoteric or tantric Buddhism. In Tibet this is called “seeing the primordial face of golden non-duality.”

In China the secret of enlightenment was called “the secret of immortality.” There are actually five different types of immortals – ghost immortals, human immortals, earthly immortals, celestial immortals and golden immortals, which represent different levels of self-cultivation. The golden immortals would be similar to Buddhas. 

• Like 1

Thats interesting I thought it came from the Guan Yin sect who taught it to Lu Dongbin........

No not really.

The jindan isnt poetry.

Its alchemy.

There is a very very good chance that it is literal.

Sometimes you have to listen to what your actually being told....

It is alchemy do not get confused by words on the path of the wordless teaching, similes and metaphors are tools to speak the unspeakable. This is the realm of the unseen that includes the seen. The unseen tao has a function virtue.

Literal is bad medicine for the elixir of immortality. It is not in the body  and it is not outside of the body, external world. The words are pointing at something that is not understood intellectually or rationally that is only the function of one side of the brain.

There are different levels of Immortals because we are all immortal not more in sages and not more in someone that never heard of Tao. What makes us mortals is the world of conflict seeing beginnings and ends.

• Like 2

It is alchemy do not get confused by words on the path of the wordless teaching, similes and metaphors are tools to speak the unspeakable. This is the realm of the unseen that includes the seen. The unseen tao has a function virtue.

Literal is bad medicine for the elixir of immortality. It is not in the body  and it is not outside of the body, external world. The words are pointing at something that is not understood intellectually or rationally that is only the function of one side of the brain.

There are different levels of Immortals because we are all immortal not more in sages and not more in someone that never heard of Tao. What makes us mortals is the world of conflict seeing beginnings and ends.

Oh god more wishy washy thinking we are all immortal so why question anything and actually do the research.....

Ok Wu Ming Jen so do you think that the masters of old were just kidding when they said golden elixir or maybe it was a metaphor....

Thats funny very funny and to be honest its kind of lazy and a excuse not to question further or to do more research.

Im glad you posted on this thread like the way you did.

I like to use my common sense. 

Now follow me on this if you were just to tell someone that you do golden elixir alchemy that leads to immortality and that you study and train in it diligently. 

But your not really sure why its called the golden elixir you havent even looked into golden immortals and you cant manifest the golden elixir.....

It just looks bad.

See my point?

Edited by JinlianPai

Now lets do some deductive reasoning.

Since we know that the secret of the golden flower came into daoism via Lu Dongbin who got it from the Guan Yin sect.

Now the question becomes what did the Guan Yin Sect study and practice?

Well it turns out they studied the Lotus sutra and the golden light sutra.

Now what is the goal of the Lotus sutra?

Oh thats right to become a buddha and attain the golden lotus.

Now questions come up like if you cultivate the golden elixir will you become a golden immortal?

and the answer is yes the golden immortals are the highest level of attainment and attaining that means you attained buddhahood.

• Like 1

I have accomplished turning the light around. Question everything and know for oneself. I have told you what the golden flower is posted above. so again Gold stands for light the light of the mind itself. Flower represents the blossoming or opening up of the light of mind. Awakening of the real self and hidden potential.

It is like the light of the sky vaster than images, thoughts and feelings an unimpeded space containing everything without being filled, this can be developed, renewed and deepened without limit.

Non doing is spontaneous it takes no effort at all to accomplish this method. it it involves no thought or imagery. It is remote only in the sense that it is a use of attention generally unfamiliar to the mind habituated to imagination and thinking.

good luck with your non effort in achieving this practice that in itself is endless.

• Like 3

I have accomplished turning the light around. Question everything and know for oneself. I have told you what the golden flower is posted above. so again Gold stands for light the light of the mind itself. Flower represents the blossoming or opening up of the light of mind. Awakening of the real self and hidden potential.

It is like the light of the sky vaster than images, thoughts and feelings an unimpeded space containing everything without being filled, this can be developed, renewed and deepened without limit.

Non doing is spontaneous it takes no effort at all to accomplish this method. it it involves no thought or imagery. It is remote only in the sense that it is a use of attention generally unfamiliar to the mind habituated to imagination and thinking.

good luck with your non effort in achieving this practice that in itself is endless.

Man either your not reading my posts or I dont know what.

Some of the links and quotes I gave earlier in the thread were from the book secret of the golden flower just read my posts this time and read the book again.....

And could you please actually read my post first before hijacking my thread.....

:unsure:

Taishang appeared to Donghua and the way was handed on through a succession to Yan then to the northern and southern schools of Complete Reality which can be considered its full flourishing.

Wu Ming Jen what do you think im talking about?

I mean I quoted sources and posted links.

Your not actually reading my posts and then giving a vaild answer to be honest your just trolling.

If you had read my posts then you would have seen this http://icbi.weebly.com/zhao-bichenrsquos-taoist-yoga.html

the golden immortal stage of the indestructible diamond-body.  This is the ultimate achievement of the training which now comes to an end

That was post seven on this thread and this comes directly from the secret of the golden flower....

So Wu Ming Jen is this how you do your research and study....

I am not hijacking, I love this text. Physically emitting gold light is a serious error to pass on. Mistakes in this area is harmful including wilhelm's and Jung's interpretations of these text. By bringing this text to the west in 1929 by Wilhelm was a gift even if not fully understood.

they do not think rank...

They live, they give, They see, they know

Standing firm on the highest mountain of heaven,

or with us at an eye to eye and heart to heart level

Radiating Power of peace and wisdom of mastered mind,

there no place or being they can not reach to help or lift out of despair,

The great elder souls, and our brothers and sisters

are only a short whisper away if one sincerely calls...

• Like 1

The Surangama Sutra

The Ten Categories in the Realm of Seers (èùis) ânanda, there are men who, instead of cultivating the Samàdhi of right Bodhi, practise (immortality) wrongly according to their false thoughts, thus preserving their thinking and bodies; they are fond of living in mountains, groves and uninhabitable places. There are ten classes of them.

1. ânanda, those men who diet (specially) to preserve their bodies and thereby live long through dieting, are called
earthbound seers.
2. Those who take herbs and fruits to preserve their bodies and thereby live long through taking medicine, are called flying seers.
3. Those who take mineral products to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of alchemy, are called unhindered roaming seers.
4. Those who regulate their (organic) functions to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of proper breathing, are called immaterial seers.
5. Those who make good use of controlling their saliva to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of their glowing spirituality, are called heavenly seers.
6. Those who feed on the vital principle of nature to preserve the essence of form, and thereby live long by absorbing natural purity, are called all-entering seers.
7. Those who use incantations to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of occultism, are called seers of the (lesser) Tao.
8. Those who concentrate on their thoughts to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of mental concentration are called illuminating seers.
9. Those who practise the integration of (the positive and negative) principles to preserve their bodies and thereby live long by means of the spiritual harnessing power (of yoga) are called spiritual seers.
10. Those who practise sublimation of their bodies and thereby live long by means of spiritual awareness are seers of the highest order.

ânanda, these men regulate their minds but do not practise the right Bodhi, and live for perhaps a thousand and
ten thousand years; they live on high mountains or (desert) islands and cut off all worldly connections. Their states still
belong to the samsaric stream of wrong thoughts, and since they do not practise Samàdhi, when they have enjoyed their
conditioned blessing, they will have to return to the (lower) planes of existence.

The Tathàgata Store from which Arise Both Samsàra & Nirvàna The Buddha said: ânanda, you should know that the absolute nature is completely enlightened; it is beyond name and form and is fundamentally free from either the world or living beings. Because of ignorance, there arises birth which is followed by death. So birth and death are unreal and the wiping out of the unreal brings about the real which is called Supreme Bodhi and Parinirvàõa. Hence these terms imply the twofold transmutation (of klesa and samsàra into Bodhi and Nirvàna). ânanda, if you now wish to achieve the state of Samàdhi in order directly to reach the Tathàgatas Parinirvàõa, you should know first the two inverted causes which lead to the existence of living beings and the world. The nonrising of these inversions is the Tathàgatas true state of Samàdhi.

The Origin of Living Beings & the World
ânanda, what are these two inversions? Because of the minds (arbitrary) awareness of the (underlying) bright nature, the latter which is fundamentally enlightened becomes an objective (form) as opposed to a false (perception). Thus from fundamental nothingness arises actual phenomenon. (Therefore), the existence (of ignorance) and its creation (of the world and living beings), the causeless cause of subjective (ignorance) and its objective creation, and subjective (living beings) dwelling in their objective
abode (the world) have no real basis. From (Reality) which does not abide anywhere spring the world and living beings.

The Inverted Cause of the Existence of Living Beings
(What is the inverted cause of the seeming existence of living beings?) The faulty awareness of completely enlightened nature creates a falsehood which has neither nature nor basis. If you wish to restore the real, this very wish (pertains to the samsaric mind and) is not related to absolute nature. If
the unreal mind is used to recover real nature, the latter will be unreal and of necessity there follow illusory birth and existence as well as unreal mind and dharma which will unfold endlessly and will gain in intensity thereby creating (new) karma and so responses from those sharing the same karma. This karmic responsiveness leads to the interdependence of births and deaths. Hence the inverted cause of the seeming existence of living beings.

The Inverted Cause of the Existence of the World
ânanda, what is the inverted cause of the world (i.e. the realm of space and time)? Because of the illusory existence (of ignorance) and its creation (of the world and living beings) there arises the mortal lot clinging to space. Because of the causeless cause of subjective (ignorance) and its objective
creation and because of subjective (living beings) dwelling in their objective abode, all unfolding continuously and transitorily, time arises. Thus the three aspects of time and the four cardinal points of space intermingle and combine to produce the twelve (3 x 4) categories of beings.

in that Sutra there is all the levels listed from Bodhisatvahood to Buddhahood + the teachings to start with. Brought out some quotes above.

Edited by allinone