Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Pissing contest who's got the best

Theres people with a lot of talent here. With regards to anything vaguely Taoist, what are some of you people particularly proud of? What meditation, technique, philosophy, diet or exercise have you found that you can say is the best?

Carry on amongst yourselves.

Peace

Michael

My 3 cents, I think Minke DeVos taoist guided meditations are the best. From Deep Body Smile to Sexual Energy to Fusion she really takes you there. Some of her routines are 12 minutes long, some are 28, I try to listen to one everyday.

• Thanks 1

One of the best practices is any form of gazing-- sunset/sunrise/moon/stars/sky/clouds/horizon/earth/trees etc.

The reason it's the best is b/c it's seriously easy to just look at something and pick up on its vibe. It also puts me in touch with nature and there seems to be a natural philosophy feeling to the practice as well. It's very meditative and you aren't forcing chi to flow or anything, and it's done in a natural wuji stance so there's a natural standing practice component there too. To turn up the juice, just watch the sunrise, sunset or the moon to get more of a charge.

Sungazing/moongazing seems to be the starting point for a lot of other practices (inner smile, micro, etc) so it's a great intro or jumping off point.

I haven't been doing these practices for very long, so I can't claim more than that, but it deserves to be in the running.

-Yoda

• Thanks 1

My 3 cents, I think Minke DeVos taoist guided meditations are the best.  From Deep Body Smile to Sexual Energy to Fusion she really takes you there.  Some of her routines are 12 minutes long, some are 28, I try to listen to one everyday.

2394[/snapback]

Michael,

I've been thinking of delving back into fusion and have been looking for an instructor/tape. How's her fusion stuff? Does it hew close to Chia's stuff or does she "reinterpret" it?

Also, how are her breathing tapes?

Thanks

I have her Fusion I, two CD tape. There are 4 guided meditations on it, each about 26 minutes. Some of them are Paqua oriented, ie see the 4 paqua diamond spinning. Collecting the different energies into the center. In that way, I think she is more Winn oriented (I havent studied Chia's Fusion).

I find the paqua visualizations to be difficult. But they get easier as you work with them. Some of the Fusion routines feel like deep psychoanalysis.

To me they're the best taoist deal imagineable. The biggest bang for the buck I've gotten.

Peace

Michael

Minke's Tao Basics CD is still my all time favorite. I have 3 of her breathing CD's. My favorite on there is Circular breathing.

One of the best practices is any form of gazing-- sunset/sunrise/moon/stars/sky/clouds/horizon/earth/trees etc. 

The reason it's the best is b/c it's seriously easy to just look at something and pick up on its vibe.

2396[/snapback]

I do a lot of sexy girl gazing. Maybe it gives me more 'yin' chi (whatever that is) Yum :P

spherical listening

In action, it seems to be an intentional reaching out, or unfolding into 360 degree sensory awareness extension.

Most often it arises spontaneously, unsought, unconsidered.

It processes in local awareness as a reaching out, or becoming aware of, whole being awareness.

This process never arose through a human teacher, or any lineage, but was experienced 'of itself' in the midst of years of no gear, no chalk, free-hand rock climbing and tree climbing.  For decades this was my go-to favorite work out/play routine.  Far more engaging than any gym.  More appropriate to be working lifting my own body weight and engaging the entire awareness due to being on the edge of life and death, or grievous potential bodily harm for extended periods of time if one's awareness strays, seems to have been an integral part in its manifestation. 

For instance, while climbing down a vertical face of rock... (exponentially harder than climbing up, is climbing down as any experienced climber will attest).  Listening with the whole entity, or specifically reaching out and listening for the next foothold with the 'ears of the feet'... seems to have cultivated the process.

• Like 5

Being in a state of constant samadhi..

Developing and attaining a photographic memory and projection that goes along with thinking..

Having winning strategies at games...

Learned how to be good at martial arts and dancing...but both I think are about flow of moment I think..

Sign in to follow this