zerostao

one way ticket to mars

Yeah, one way ticket, unbreathable atmosphere, tiny living quarters, scarce food, water and medicine.  A possibly doomed population unless tech grows by leaps and bounds. 

plus real slow internet. 

• Like 1

Do you get onboard meals or is it the usual coffee and a cheese sandwich?

i am wondering what they will eat after the flight

• Like 1

i am wondering what they will eat after the flight

each other. 

kidding.  I think they have worked out technical bugs and we could get people there, but if we want them to land, they're staying there; at least with present tech.   Still we'd probably get 1,000's of volunteers if there was such a flight.

• Like 2

Yeah, one way ticket, unbreathable atmosphere, tiny living quarters, scarce food, water and medicine.  A possibly doomed population unless tech grows by leaps and bounds. 

plus real slow internet. 

So its a prison colony ... that's one way to solve the prison population problem ... since we have now run out of places like Australia. 

• Like 2

Not for me.

They've had plenty of interest though which shows that some people still have that pioneering spirit.

Or is it a death wish?

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

So its a prison colony ... that's one way to solve the prison population problem ... since we have now run out of places like Australia. 

LEARN FROM HISTORY, DAMMIT!  PRISON COLONIES (and prisons outright) ARE A FAILURE OF HUMAN EFFORT!!!

-_-

Ummm   not that I want to disagree with the sentiment but ......  

(Conversation with some Aboriginals;

Them; " ... and this white-fellah goes, 'It's not my fault I am here, they sent my ancestors here as punishment  .'  

< we look around; the camp has several large fish caught from the river hanging from the gunya roof poles, its a beautiful sky blue day, the river is full and sparkling  ... I smile at the comment >

another (understanding)  " Yeah !  ....   some punishment, eh ! "

all laugh  )  

347_sawtell_surfer_0.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, like four minutes between initiation and results.

sounds like my old aol dial up.

LEARN FROM HISTORY, DAMMIT!  PRISON COLONIES (and prisons outright) ARE A FAILURE OF HUMAN EFFORT!!!

-_-

prison colony @ $1.4 billion a prisoner :o

prison colony @ $1.4 billion a prisoner :o

LEARN FROM HISTORY, DAMMIT!  PROFITS CREATE HOMELESSNESS AND POVERTY!!!  ugh :angry:

I WOULDN'T PAY MORE THEN $1.2 BILLION FOR EACH PRISONER :P

just think of Mars as Australia, without the breathable air, warm weather and dingoes. 

• Like 1

I am going to stick around here for after  'the rapture'.

Just imagine what it will be like here when 'they' are gone   ;)

raptured-saints.jpg?w=610

[  pic source; rapturewatcher.files.com   .....      :)  )

... HEY!   Someone is trying to slip in with a blue robe on ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Just watched a 45 min vid on YouTube about Elon Musk.

Damn... the guy is impressive. I'm astounded at what he's accomplished. He might actually be improving things for humankind.

But I still don't understand why anyone would want to go to Mars.

• Like 1

-_-

HOW DARE YOU insult Australia like that!!  B)

A few years ago I was talking to the lads at the control desk (I had a mate that worked there and gave me a behind the scenes tour)  at Tindbinbilla Space Tracking station and I asked them about this planned human trip to Mars; "What can a human accomplish being on that trip, that a robot or tech cant do?"

One guy ; "Nothing, a human on board just makes it harder and creates so many more problems."

Another ; " It boosts funding with human interest."

Me; "  Cant you film it in a studio and just say  you did it ?     ^_^

(My friend looked horrified ... the room stopped, everyone stared at me .... then they realised I was joking  :D  ) 

But really .....    nah ... a silly venture, I will wait until the DVD comes out and watch it 'at home'.