cheya

A Daoist Wood Goat!

What a great Daoist-looking Green Wood Goat!

Thank you, Sean!

I especially liked some of what a web author wrote about the Wood Goat, which I think Sean captured wonderfully in this Taoist Goat. Seems very fitting for TTB.

The Wood Goat in Chinese Astrology

http://www.futurescopes.com/chinese-astrology-zodiac-signs/goat/8487/wood-goat-chinese-astrology

"The most noticeable trait of the Wood Goat perhaps is a curious stillness in nature. While the Water Goat is eager to forge social connections due to emotional compulsions, the Fire Goat is driven to physical adventure and travel. However the Wood Goat feels no such desire for motion and connection – he/she is at peace with the inner self and is only too happy to lead a quiet life, away from the spotlight. However this impulse towards stillness can go either way – in a positive scheme of things, this implies in the Wood Goat a quiet confidence and calm self-assurance. He/she knows what is important to him/her in life and can be trusted to achieve those by making slow but steady progress. Not only this, he/she can also be found advising others when asked and showing tremendous wisdom in their words and suggestions.

However when taken to an extreme, this tendency to quietude can make the Wood Goat nervy and unsocial in nature. Being exceedingly sensitive to words and actions of the outside world, Goats as it is prefer to keep themselves slightly aloof from the rest of the world. However in this case the Wood Goat can end up being trapped in the ivory tower of his/her own thoughts and feelings and lose the life-affirming touch with the rest of humanity."

• Like 12

first word that came to mind was 'majestic'...

Then I had a question:  I wondered if the Goat ate the banner (Tao) and caused Sean additional work to fix that (Dao)   :)

TheDaoBums 

• Like 4

Ha!  the other day I had the Tao / Dao discussion with someone - later I thought ;  "Well, Taobums use the T word .... ? "

As for the goat .... 

big-smiley-006.gif

Guess which member  whose name starts with N.  is a  wood  goat  here  ? ? ?  

Yay  ... go goats ! 

• Like 2

so the goat bucked the site into crashing?

I like when the site crashes. It is good reminder that:

-everything is impermanent

-the site is a space given by Sean ( not primarily ofr us to have stupid bickerings). We shouldn't take it for granted. How much does it cost per month? Do people think about that?

Thanks Sean :)

• Like 8

The site went down ... I had to read a book!!! It was a dreadful time ... and all for a goat :(

Edited by Apech
  • Like 5

first word that came to mind was 'majestic'...

Then I had a question:  I wondered if the Goat ate the banner (Tao) and caused Sean additional work to fix that (Dao)   :)

TheDaoBums 

Hmm thinks!  the site address is www.thetaobums.com but it's called TheDàoBums now ... with an accent on the a ... life is so full of mysteries for me. :)

• Like 3

What's with the colour thing  - green wood goat ?

How does that cycle change, how many colours etc  ?   

• Like 1

Bubbles, do you mean Sean has no alternative, ulterior or transmutational motives for the site?  ( ;))

Edited by 3bob

I watched the goat on the farm in S.A. when I lived there. They had him tied by rope onto a post. The dog would give it a terrible time, staying just out of range at the end of the rope. The goat would rise up on back legs to butt him but would be out of rope and the dog would rage around barking and snarling, turn his arse at him and scuff dirt into his face. The goat would be furious !

Then I noticed the goat one day was doing all this but he wasnt quiet at  the end of the rope ... there was a bit of slack. Each day this increased a but more. I watched each day with delight, until the dog continued , thinking he was out of range - the goat rose up and, by now had worked its way back about 2 meters. The dog pranced around 'out of range' barking and snorting.

The goat launched himself and connected just as the dog tried to jump back - too late, goaty connected - with both mid-air, dog curved  like a horse shoe and flew through the air to smash into the barn wall about a metre above the ground and slid down to the ground howling and yelping and limping off.

I never seen a goat with such a smug look before . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

life is everchanging, whether real or digital.

The goat is beautiful, both gentle and fierce. The first thing I learned in the year of the woodgoat is how addictive this site can be. A good reminder to work on several addictions this year.

But your offline page was nice too  :)

thanks for creating and keeping this website online

• Like 2

Bubbles, do you mean Sean has no alternative, ulterior or transmutational motives for the site?  ( ;))

I am not in a position to honestly assess what motives Sean has. It is not my business, actually. If Sean makes money from the Dao Bums, it is all fine.

To me, it remains that Sean doesn't owe us anything, and so we are just his guests. TDB doesn't belong to us.

• Like 5

To me, it remains that Sean doesn't owe us anything, and so we are just his guests. TDB doesn't belong to us.

Yes.  As I stated recently in another thread, Sean can do whatever the fuck he wants to regarding this board.

• Like 1

What's with the colour thing  - green wood goat ?

I thought the same thing.... and then remembered that Qing is a color which doubles as Green and Blue, depending context...

Wiki explains it as:

Although Chinese now has a separate word for "blue" (), it traditionally grouped most shades of blue together with green under the name  (qing), whose character derives from the idea of sprouting plant life. This color corresponds to the Chinese element of wood (i.e., vegetative life), represents nature and renewal, and often indicates spring. The color implies vigor and vitality.

• Like 3

Hmm yes, a beautiful goat, I am liking the name change also!... more harmonious, less the sharpness of the T and visually... I wonder how this changes thing numerologically :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

gty_new_york_fireworks_thg_120628_wblog.

Edited by eye_of_the_storm
  • Like 2

Well at least the address matches now.

But this accented A business?  We haven't used phonetic accents in English for centuries.  The ö, as in coöperation lasted longer but was dropped at least 100 years ago.  Nobody knows what they mean anymore.  That accent does not indicate to anyone how better to pronounce the word.  Just looks pretentious.

• Like 1

I think they should be brought back... assists in correct pronuciation 

But who is going to pay attention?  That is why they were dropped in the first place.  Very few ever paid attention.