Perceiver

Yang (right) side of body out of balance?

I recently considered if my yang/right side of body is out of balance?

I accidentally stimulated the kundalini about four years ago, and have had an energy imbalance every since. I have been using qigong to ground and harmonize myself, and it's working great. Only "problem" is that I have to do the exercises on a daily basis in order to feel okay - and be able to sleep at night.

So every day I have to do the orbit, standing in stillness and pan-gu (michael winn exercise) in order to get myself grounded. Can put a strain on your calendar if you'd like to learn other exercises too.

I recently wondered if my right side/yang side of body might be out of balance, and causing the problem? My right/yang side of the face looks different than the left/yin side: Yang side has less firm skin, thicker cheek, looks more aged around the eye. And the eye has a "harder" look. Yin side looks slimmer, has a more natural smile - which makes my mouth drop a bit to the right side. Left eye looks "happier" in a sense; more glow, more intensity.

I might be over-analyzing, but I've been aware of it for some time.

I'm very much a yang person. I like structure, organization, facts. When I was younger I was fascinated by masculinity, martial arts, war. To some extent I am still influenced by it. Listen to yang music mostly - heavy metal, EDM, dubstep, heroic movie themes. My qigong discipline is however deepening my understanding and appreciation for yin perspectives and -people, something for which I'm very grateful.

I do the pan-gu exercise by Michael Winn, and that one is supposed to integrate and harmonize both body halves. For me it has been one of the most healing exercises I've ever experienced.

Could it be that I have an overactive/out-of-balance yang side? And is there any way to remedy this?

It's a yang side because it's out of balance. If they were balanced then it wouldn't be a yang side.

Everyone favours one side. Kundalini seems to just multiply what you have, so if you have an imbalance it will just amplify it. Makes sense that traditional taoists would leave this until the end of their training such that they have something worthy of amplifying.

My only advice would be not to remedy the imbalance by working just with one side separately. I have done this and I manage to make things much worse every time I try.

Liver (one side would show liver, the other side showing spleen/pancreas) may be exhausted from sugar or alcohol, and this compensating for long-term overly contracting foods growing up - like meat, salty stuff. Expanded side is weak.

If so, changing diet and some lifestyle factors can restore balance. By doing physical exercises, would take longer to have a good effect other than more-or-less temporary symptom relief.

-VonKrankenhaus

Thanks for the replies guys. The points about food are interesting as I was a binge drinker as young. Have also overeaten a lot. Hope it smoothens out over time. Also, I'm beginning to think it might be due to my kundalini process which hasn't been completed yet..

Perceiver, I had similar symptoms to what you experienced. I'm a student of Chinese medicine, I tried everything I could think of to clear up Liver Qi Stagnation but nothing worked. I also experienced 50% decreased sensation on all of the whole right side of my body, even the right brain felt as if it was compressed with a very weird felling. I then consulted a very good pulse reading doctor, the kind of doctor that you don't tell him your symptoms, instead he takes your pulse and he tells you what symptoms you probably have. He confirmed my own diagnosis of Liver Qi stagnation but he added that the stagnation was very severe, probably from unresolved emotional trauma and prescribed me a very strong herbal treatment for 1 week. I took the tonic and I physically felt the medicine working through my meridians, it was incredible. I was in pain the first 3-4 days, especially near the genital area, I felt as if someone had kicked my pubic bone as hard as they can, it was excruciating pain. Then the medicine worked through the stagnation up to my head and face at the Gallbladder meridian. I now have the sensation back on the right side of my body and my face is back to normal, looking quite similar to the left side! 

Man that sounds interesting! Haven't had any right side paralysis, but it's worth checking out a Chinese doc I would say! Thanks a lot for the input.. I am interested: Did you other symptoms than the ones you explain above?