Sign in to follow this  
NewGoldMountain

Greetings from southern Australia

New to Tao Bums so I'm just saying my hello. I look forward to discussions and I hope I can make a constructive and useful contribution to the community. About me: I've taught comparative religion for 25+ years at University level, including units on Taoism and I Ching (although I'm not a "scholar" of either since I don't have Classical Chinese.) I live in an old gold mining city with a Chinese community going back to the 1850s - in fact my house is where the old Chinese market gardens were, not far from the Joss House and the local dragon (Sun Loong). I like the local Chinese history and these Chinese connections. I'm semi-retired now, so there is more time to pursue my real interests. Taoism is one of them. I'd especially like to hear from other Australians in these forums. Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and you will find no shortage of Australians on the forum.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sign in to follow this