Unseen_Abilities

Discrete living.

I'm coming to embrace a discrete lifestyle. I like going out for coffee alone, going to restaurants alone and Slinkin' around my streets doing Jeet Kune Do without a word to anyone for anything. I like acting as if I'm in an action movie in the CBD, working on art and writing music alone, practising Taekwondo and Karate forms in the comfort of my own home and I like living alone as well. I like the fact you can't know who I am if you see me out unless you try, getting private messages from Women without anybody knowing and not giving a shit about picking them up when I go about my business on the D.L. I work on albums for the future, practise a Neo-Pantheistic Chaos Magic faith of my own Creation that you don't get to see because I'm so Scorpionic you can't handle my energies, Planet Earth. I like posting my work on the 'net and getting heaps of views and likes without anyone ever talking and never going out to clubs because I groove on my own currents and don't like the vibes. Fuckin 'A - D.L life.

Anyone else prefer discrete living?

• Like 4

i do basically that but i call it social anxiety with a huge ego to compensate

Hehehe. Well, yeah, it can be that too.

• Like 1

My ex wife described me as a man who liked having someone else in the house but preferably in another room. :D

• Like 5

I have no desire to go out most of the time. I could be perfectly fine being alone the rest of my life. Having said that, I like other people. Well, some of them. haha. I'd be fine with anything.

This is my Taoism. So many paths to enjoy. Either one will do :).

No more holding back...

Hell yeah I'm living on the DL

Edit: I just found out that down low is gay slang

Edited by woodcarver
  • Like 1

The same thing here for the last years - swap music with writing and drawing. Going out three days a week solo, no alcohol yet being able to pull is my form of magic. The most important part - im a scorpio.

I suppose I must ask the obvious question, without intending any offense:

If you are adamant about such an independant "discrete lifestyle"

why do you feel the need to post on the web announcing it and apparently seeking external affirmation ?

I suppose I must ask the obvious question, without intending any offense:

If you are adamant about such an independant "discrete lifestyle"

why do you feel the need to post on the web announcing it and apparently seeking external affirmation ?

Hehehe. Not a fair question. You are getting too personal.

Sometimes in life we just need affirmation.

• Like 1

Liking affirmation isnt needing it. Why assume he needs it?

Reality check all by itself could explain the sharing.

Sometimes I like the circumstances of company..sometimes its just as well not to have any.

More often than not I prefer just my own self.

I suppose to some the situation of being alone is scary or unpleasant, a marker for some inadequacy..which is ironic,,since the private one is not the one requiring.

I think it stands to reason that if we do have expectations of relationships,then one stands intolerant to that which one is not expectant of.

So who exactly is it that personifies our expectations? Of what we think others should be like? Ourselves? Our best imagined selves?

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

discrete living, yeah, me too, I call it temporary playing the hermit.

The temporary part is taking a little longer than I expected .

Joining this forum is kind of a careful first step back to other people. I can easily end it just by closing this page, that's sort of nice at this stage, nobody is gonna call onto me.

But it is, indeed, also a way to seek affirmation, it's nice to read people who are trying to find another way of dealing with this..life...world...whatever

all kinds of mirrors are held up for me ;)

• Like 1

Joining this forum is kind of a careful first step back to other people. I can easily end it just by closing this page, that's sort of nice at this stage, nobody is gonna call onto me.

Yeah, but remember, there are people like me who read you. And some of respond to what you say. You may not like what we say. Would that be a fault? Who's fault? Ours or yours?

And yes, I do try to reflect back what has been presented to me. (Doesn't always come out clear though.)

• Like 1

Yeah, but remember, there are people like me who read you. And some of respond to what you say. You may not like what we say. Would that be a fault? Who's fault? Ours or yours?

And yes, I do try to reflect back what has been presented to me. (Doesn't always come out clear though.)

well, when the mirror-image comes back distorted, it's like a fun-house mirror, isn't it?

So that means that when I don't like the image, i'll have to remember that, then it'll give me a laugh.

( just like some threads here give me a belly-laugh, every time i read further.

I need to cultivate laughing :D

and none of you will come knocking at my door or phoning me, that's what's making it a dry run ;)

• Like 1

I used to be all too aware of... well everything related to the external world. It kept me from knowing myself. I was always reacting to something external rather than creating from the internal.

After I started regular cultivating work and found a teacher, everything changed. I was able to surrender the part of myself that was worried about the external world and just trust it to do its thing.

I started not looking at people when I walked down the street. Before, I'd always glance over at others with hyper awareness... often people would ignore me. Now out of the corner of my eye I'm aware of people looking at me all the time, though I've learned to stop letting this awareness trouble me in any way.

Now that I've started just trusting the external realm to do its thing, and I'm not tugging on it as much with desire, fear, expectation, curiosity, etc.... well it's like what bes said - all kinds of mirrors are being held up for me, as though my setting of desire/interaction has allowed the external to settle into a calm that clearly reflects back to me and forms a conversation with my intuition. It greatly helps that I am often walking the streets of my city and being exposed to the real physical world. Even as I remain quiet and internal, my increased stillness allows me to receive so many messages.

As a side note.... the "scorpionics" thing from the OP reminded me of something. In western astrology the first expression of water (emotions) is internal (cancer), and the second expression of water (scorpio) is the sharing between self and other. But the sharing of emotions puts one in a deeply vulnerable place. Often when an emotion is exposed to another they don't see it the same way one's self does, and however they reflect it back will change and transform this emotion. I've come to realize this is why many scorpio type people prefer to refrain from sharing their emotions at all, otherwise they'd be continuously dying and being reborn... it is said the higher path of scorpio is of the phoenix that rises countless times from the ashes, and becomes a great healer of others. But easy to see why some prefer the closed off and stable road, even if it does result in a bit of stinging here and there to keep would be heart-openers from coming too close. :wub:

Wont you guys drop the advice routine and realize that this is one of the best threads posted in a while?

Okay. So the opening post is about walking through life without leaving any footprints.

But most people can't handle this. They feel like they have to leave their mark. Just as the cavemen did on the walls of their caves. We know about them because they left their mark.

Those who left no footprints are unknown. They lived, then died. Were they happy? We don't know.

I don't live quite as discretely as described in the opening post but this is only because I oftentimes have to make a covert statement that reflects "Don't fuck with me." Other than that I try to be invisible.

Okay. So the opening post is about walking through life without leaving any footprints.

But most people can't handle this. They feel like they have to leave their mark. Just as the cavemen did on the walls of their caves. We know about them because they left their mark.

Those who left no footprints are unknown. They lived, then died. Were they happy? We don't know.

I don't live quite as discretely as described in the opening post but this is only because I oftentimes have to make a covert statement that reflects "Don't fuck with me." Other than that I try to be invisible.

It's not a serious-hearted topic and it's a complete jumble of spiritual backgrounds that can only be found in places like this. The guy is excited about his life and isn't hurting anyone, it's infectious.

The "don't fuck with me" thing deserves it's own topic I think. Very complex situation and a lot of the time it's either you or them in this world. I haven't quite figured out how to use it just the right way... too much and it takes a toll on me, too little and I get fucked.

• Like 1

The "don't fuck with me" thing deserves it's own topic I think. Very complex situation and a lot of the time it's either you or them in this world. I haven't quite figured out how to use it just the right way... too much and it takes a toll on me, too little and I get fucked.

Yes, that is to be used like those things that are labelled "Danger Handle with care.)