voidisyinyang

Yan Xin's Free Energy Secret

The Highest Technology of All Technologies: The Yan Xin Secret

By Drew Hempel, MA

anti-copyright (free distribution)

Yan Xin qigong is a simple, yet very powerful free energy practice that Yan Xin calls "the highest technology of all technologies." I first was introduced to his qigong practice ten years ago by the Chinese community at the University of Minnesota, hosting a Canadian-Chinese Yan Xin presentation from Toronto. The practice worked amazingly well but I just didn't understand why. Now after, of course, learning the "hard way," I have figured out the secret and it's just as effective as flipping a switch to produce free full-spectrum, healing energy.

Qigong master Yan Xin is a "national treasure" of the Chinese government, an official designation that puts him under their protection and supposed control. The Chinese government even produced a documentary called "Yan Xin Supermaster" that I was able to see with the Yan Xin Chinese community at the University of Minnesota. Qigong master Yan Xin was doing "qi-emitting" lectures that were 7 hours straight and were healing thousands of people at a time. One person healed was the now qigong master Chunyi Lin who even studied with Yan Xin's teacher. Master Chunyi Lin now teaches his http://springforestqigong.com in Minnesota and he himself does amazing healing. I was able to take Master Chunyi Lin's classes for several years, receiving his energy tranmissions.

Dr. David A. Palmer's new book: "Qigong Fever: Body, science and utopia in China" (Columbia University Press, 2007) gives further details about the efficacy of Yan Xin's qigong. The Chinese military had qigong master Yan Xin actually put out a vast forest fire! Master Yan Xin also went to the U.S. White House eight times to give energy treatments to President Bush, Sr., which gives some explanation to Bush's paratroop jump in his 80s! Master Yan Xin continues to do mind-blowing medical healing experiments in collaboration with western-trained scientists -- studies published in peer-reviewed international neuroscience journals.

In 1999 there was a big crackdown on qigong in China against Falun Gong and several other practices that had huge movements, larger than the Communist party. At this same time Yan Xin's chi-emitting lectures were stopped and his international community stopped selling Yan Xin's meditation tapes, unless a lengthy training course was first completed. There is even claim now that the Chinese military has developed a secret post-apocalypse qigong weapon, which we can guess is probably based on their national treasure: Supermaster Yan Xin.

YAN XIN'S FREE ENERGY SECRET

What is unique about Yan Xin's "highest technology of all technologies," as he describes in his meditation tape, is a practice that only now I truly understand. Yan Xin has the qigong practitioner put their hands in front of the stomach so that the forehead can point towards the hands enabling energy to feed back into the "lower tan tien" -- the energy foundation of the body. Meditation often involves various "mudras" or hand positions but I've never seen another practice that relies on such a feed-back mechanism that Yan Xin teaches.

Why is this simple practice so important? Anyone who has tried to sit in full-lotus knows it's surprisingly difficult to hold the position for the minimum of two hours that is required for truly deep meditation to be achieved. The pain and pressure in the legs becomes unbearable but if the hands are fed energy by the third eye then an internal energy pump is created which continues to open up the lower body channels. This same free energy feedback effect is produced just by sitting with the legs crossed, western style, or even sitting in a chair, with the back straight -- again the trick is to point the forehead towards the hand, in front of the stomach, so that the hands reflect the head energy back into the stomach.

Both yoga and qigong rely on ionization of the stomach's electrochemicals which are then transduced into the brain via the vagus nerve. The left-brain vagus nerve connects directly to the heart while the right-brain vagus nerve connects to the stomach. So there can be a "mind to heart" left-brain meditation practice, called the "direct path" in Advaita Vedanta jnana yoga or there can be a stomach-brain-heart meditation practice which is really the same as tantra alchemy found both in China and India. Qigong in China emphasizes that it's the lower half of the body which gives power to the mind, enabling paranormal healing abilities.

In tantric Buddhism the male, while sitting, visualizes a female riding on top of him, while he holds the female in front of the body, held up by his hands in front of his stomach. This tantra practice is the same free energy feedback principle as the Yan Xin Secret because the lower half of the body is yin, while the upper half is yang, but when the third eye focuses on the hands then the yang energy from the brain feeds back into the yin energy, reflecting off the hands.

It doesn't matter whether the pracitioner is male or female because the original spiritual energy -- the formless awareness -- is female and for all humans the lower half of the body is yin (female) while the upper half is yang (male).

Often times people will hold their hands in front of the body during meditation but without using the Third Eye to reflect the yang brain energy back into the lower half of the body there is no free energy circuit created. It's well known in meditation that bending the head slightly forward opens up the crucial channels in the back of the neck, but again this is not usually connected with feeding the head energy back into the lower half of the body, via the hands.

What happens in normal meditation then is the vagus nerve pumps the yin energy from the stomach and reproductive organs, up into the brain but then the energy just leaves the body as yang energy -- attracted to yin energy outside of the body. This process is fine for emitting bioenergy healing but it does not produce a free energy feedback system for the practitioner. Mantak Chia, for example, does not teach full-lotus meditation because too often the yang energy gets stuck in the brain without any balance of the body's lower half yin energy. Instead Mantak Chia relies on the "microcosmic orbit" or small universe, an alchemy practice that is also taught in India, as Mircea Eliade details. The Yan Xin Secret is simpler, more direct and more powerful.

The Yan Xin Secret of visualizing the third eye focusing energy on the hands which are then held to reflect that energy back into the stomach enables a free energy feedback system to keep building up the energy of the practitioner. The Yan Xin Secret works because of the complimentary opposite principles of natural resonance using asymmetric number -- something I've explained in detail in other articles.

I had to learn the Yan Xin Secret the hard way because a beginner may not have a very visceral experience with the free energy process. Visualization seems too mystical for westerners -- unless we understand the principle behind it. At first blissful heat is created, then electromagnetic fields and finally light-information.

• Like 12

Wow, I think that was GENIUS! :blink:

It really explains why people are told to meditate with their eyes half-closed staring down their nose...

But really, it's to stare down at their hands then to complete the circuit. Ah-ha!

KUDOS for this insight!

• Like 2

Thanks for this Drew.

Do you currently study with Yan Xin?

Have you in the past?

Does he teach, or is he returned to China and being kept as a national treasure?

What resources are there for his material? Lectures on CD, videos?

OR shall we just stay tuned for further essays?

Craig

• Like 1

I spose you can also put the hands near the middle dan tian with the head tilted down looking at the hands and tilting the head back as your hands are above your head? Doing the 3 dan tians in 3 positions!!! :D

• Like 1

I remember reading a book a few years ago by a Chinese scientist, who was trying to debunk Qigong research previously done in China. He referred to the incident when Yan Xin tried to put out a forest fire. He described the conditions that Yan Xin had lain out. Before Yan Xin would make the attempt, there could be no clouds in the sky, and the forecast could not be predicting rain. This happened, and he announced that he would make an attempt. Soon it started raining. The scientist's argument for why this wasn't a very convincing display was that it only rained for a few hours, and didn't completely extinguish the fire.

Certainly different, that's for sure. I have been wondering about the whole neck thing since an ecstacy i went through gave me many visions.

Drew, could you please provide us a picture of someone in the correct posture? Or perhaps some instruction as how to go about doing it.

Drew, could you please provide us a picture of someone in the correct posture? Or perhaps some instruction as how to go about doing it.

yup - it seems easy to over-bend the neck when I try this - it lets the upward energy escape from the neck... I've found that some people are more susceptable to it (leaking energy from the neck) than others.

yup - it seems easy to over-bend the neck when I try this - it lets the upward energy escape from the neck... I've found that some people are more susceptable to it (leaking energy from the neck) than others.

Hence we see the danger of a fascinating examination of a single technique. It is out of context. Drew's explanation of the energetic dynamic is interesting and seems to explain some things, but it is just a small piece of a whole style. I would be very reluctant to explore such a single technique out of the context of the teacher and teaching from which it derives.

Which is why I asked the question - are there more resources available to learn about Yan Xin's style, methods, etc.

Craig

• Like 1

Hence we see the danger of a fascinating examination of a single technique. It is out of context. Drew's explanation of the energetic dynamic is interesting and seems to explain some things, but it is just a small piece of a whole style. I would be very reluctant to explore such a single technique out of the context of the teacher and teaching from which it derives.

Which is why I asked the question - are there more resources available to learn about Yan Xin's style, methods, etc.

Craig

Thanks for the comments and questions. This article was published at http://mind-energy.net where links are given to my previous qigong articles published on that site.

As regarding Yan Xin's posture teaching -- I got zany and googled "yan xin meditation posture."

Here's the first link I tried and I'll see if there's a diagram...

http://www.acupuncture.com/qigong_tuina/yanxin.htm

From this link we can conclude that Yan Xin is back in China after 3 years of "exile" in the U.S.:

http://www.michaelshaman.com/msqigongphotopage1/

He brought his U.S. students back to China for a visit!!

Edited by drew hempel

Yeah amazing I could find no photos or diagrams of the sitting posture but that makes sense since traditionally these things are supposed to be passed in some sacred or secret setting and in fact you have to practice in the Yan Xin group for 3 months before you can even buy the meditation tape for your own personal practice!

Anyway I did find this new review of Yan Xin's peer-reviewed research studies and one of the authors is at the U of Minnesota -- there's another report by this same group stating that females practice Yan Xin qigong more than males. I found this the case for http://springforestqigong.com as well.

http://apha.confex.com/apha/135am/techprog...aper_155039.htm

OK here's Yan Xin's first lecture at M.I.T. and then a lady's experience at his Boston worshop in 1994. It appears that Yan Xin was in the U.S. from 1990 to 1994:

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V122/N1/1conf.1n.html

http://users.erols.com/dantao/march.html

Reminds me of jalandhara bandha

Via Advanced Yoga Practices

Lesson 91 - Yoni mudra kumbhaka – Purging the third eye, and much more

There are two other components we'd like to add to yoni mudra. First

is something called "jalandhara bandha," which means, "chin lock." We

will take a less stringent approach than what is implied. All we will

do during breath retention in yoni mudra kumbhaka is let the head

come down as far as it comfortably goes toward the chest. During

inhalation and exhalation we lift it up again. That's all. We just

let the head hang down during breath retention, and let our fingers,

placed on the eyes and nose, stay in place as the head comes down. If

our chin goes comfortably half way down to the hollow of our throat,

that is fine. If our chin goes all the way to the hollow of our

throat that is the full chin lock. Either way is fine. Jalandhara

stretches the spinal nerve in the upper part of the body from the

point between the eyebrows on down. It is easy to feel the

stretching. We don't strain it. If there is some ecstatic

conductivity in the spinal nerve, we can feel the stretching reach

all the way to the perineum. It is amazing how it works. With

jalandhara, we stretch the sushumna from the third eye to the root.

This stretching greatly enhances the effect of yoni mudra kumbhaka,

and promotes the rise of ecstatic conductivity in the spinal nerve.

Later on, we will work more with jalandhara, using a dynamic version

of it to stimulate huge amounts of prana up into the heart, throat

and head. Jalandhara is a very important advanced yoga practice. Here

in yoni mudra we are introducing the beginning of it – just letting

the head go down easily while the breath is held in. Then we lift the

head up while we are doing our exhalation and inhalation. We keep it

comfortable.

Edited by drew hempel

Very interesting essay Drew. In your opinion can this also be practiced during standing meditation? The reason I ask is because my tai chi instructor recently showed me a 3 part daoist standing meditation. One of the postures is in the wuji stance with the arms at about a 45 degree angle in front of you, fingertips pointing at each other. The explanation behind these postures wasn't really given. After reading your post, I experimented with tilting the head down slightly along with the energy visualization method and did notice an increased sensation in the dantien area. My only concerns are that the visualiztion takes my mind away from stillness/emptiness., and I was also told my head should be straight with eyes at the level of the horizon.

Is the visualization necessary, or will the energy circulate on it's own if the body positioning is correct. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of what feels correct to you?

Very interesting essay Drew. In your opinion can this also be practiced during standing meditation? The reason I ask is because my tai chi instructor recently showed me a 3 part daoist standing meditation. One of the postures is in the wuji stance with the arms at about a 45 degree angle in front of you, fingertips pointing at each other. The explanation behind these postures wasn't really given. After reading your post, I experimented with tilting the head down slightly along with the energy visualization method and did notice an increased sensation in the dantien area. My only concerns are that the visualiztion takes my mind away from stillness/emptiness., and I was also told my head should be straight with eyes at the level of the horizon.

Is the visualization necessary, or will the energy circulate on it's own if the body positioning is correct. Would it be possible for you to post some pics of what feels correct to you?

My experience is that visualization is not necessary -- but will develop as a resonance from the formless awareness. For example one can also sit in this posture while practicing the small universe -- as I did today. Focusing on the body is the easiest first visualization since the mind quickly generates sensations are the energy cycles around the body -- thereby creating a feedback for visualization.

Of course there are "different" levels of emptiness -- just read the books of Master Nan, Huai-chin! haha.

Oh and yes it works for standing as well....!

• Like 1

Didnt had time to read the wall of text at first but boy was it worth it.

Dont hesitate posting more free tips :)

Edited by minkus

Didnt had time to read the wall of text at first but boy was it worth it.

Dont hesitate posting more free tips :)

Title: External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong differentially regulates the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways and is cytotoxic to cancer cells but not to normal cells

Author(s): Yan X (Yan, Xin), Shen H (Shen, Hua), Jiang HJ (Jiang, Hongjian), Zhang CS (Zhang, Chengsheng), Hu D (Hu, Dan), Wang J (Wang, Jun), Wu XQ (Wu, Xinqi)

Source: INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOCHEMISTRY & CELL BIOLOGY 38 (12): 2102-2113 2006

Document Type: Article

Language: English

Cited References: 63 Times Cited: 0 Find Related Records Information

Abstract: Long-term clinical observations and ongoing studies have shown significant antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong which originated from traditional Chinese medicine. In order to understand the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the antitumor effect of external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong, we have examined its cytotoxic effect on BxPC3 pancreatic cancer cells and its effect on the Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathways. We found that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong dramatically inhibited basal phosphorylation levels of Akt and extracellular signal-regulated kinases, epidermal growth factor-mediated phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activity. External Qi of Yan Xin Qigong also inhibited constitutive and inducible activities of nuclear factor-kappa 13, a target of the Akt and epidermal growth factor receptor pathways. Furthermore, a single 5 min exposure of BxPC3 cells to external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced apoptosis, accompanied by a dramatic increase of the sub-G1 cell population, DNA fragmentation, and cleavage of caspases 3, 8 and 9, and poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. Prolonged treatment with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong caused rapid lysis of BxPC3 cells. In contrast, treatment of fibroblasts with external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong induced transient activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases and Akt, and caused no cytotoxic effect. These findings suggest that external Qi of Yan Xin Qigong may differentially regulate these survival pathways in cancer versus normal cells and exert cytotoxic effects preferentially on cancer cells, and that it could potentially be a valuable approach for therapy of pancreatic carcinomas. © 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Author Keywords: Akt; ERK1/2; external Qi; Yan Xin Qigong; pancreatic cancer

KeyWords Plus: EPIDERMAL-GROWTH-FACTOR; NF-KAPPA-B; PANCREATIC-CARCINOMA CELLS; FACTOR RECEPTOR; IN-VITRO; PHOSPHATIDYLINOSITOL 3-KINASE; INDUCED APOPTOSIS; K-RAS; ULTRASOUND; INHIBITION

Addresses: Yan X (reprint author), Inst Chongqing Trad Chinese Med, Chongqing, Peoples R China

Inst Chongqing Trad Chinese Med, Chongqing, Peoples R China

New Med Sci Res Inst, New York, NY 10107 USA

Harvard Univ, Sch Med, Massachusetts Gen Hosp, Boston, MA 02114 USA

Harvard Univ, Sch Med, Dana Farber Canc Inst, Boston, MA 02115 USA

Harvard Univ, Sch Med, Childrens Hosp, Boston, MA 02115 USA

E-mail Addresses: [email protected]

Publisher: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD, THE BOULEVARD, LANGFORD LANE, KIDLINGTON, OXFORD OX5 1GB, ENGLAND

Subject Category: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology; Cell Biology

• Like 2

Hi all,

For those of you interested, I've just spent the night combing the net in an attempt to find documented details of Dr Yan Xin's Qigong method. It was remarkably difficult, but I finally struck gold with this overview of the practice. If you can find some of his out of print books, there is a practice manual and an audio tape, but people are asking ridiculous - exorbitant profiteering - prices of several hundred dollars for a single second-hand book (a not too unfamiliar story around here ;-). So here is the main practice document with pictures of postures etc., and several other links to lesser, more general information. Please see below and enjoy:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990117030127/...ntro/9step.html

Yan Xin Qigong Nine Step Method

International Yan Xin Qigong Association, 1994 - 1996

Translated by

Longguang Gao and Lance Halvorsen

International Yan Xin Qigong Association

University of Wisconsin - Madison

Beginning

The opening posture should be standardized.

1. If you are sitting on a chair, sit on the front one-third or one-forth of the chair. Your legs should be perpendicular to the ground. If you have illness or low blood pressures, put your knees together. If you are standing, your feet should be a little bit wider than the width of your shoulder and your knees should be bent slightly. If you are sitting on the floor, you should sit with your legs crossed.

2. Straighten your back and contract your abdomen slightly.

3. Straighten your neck and draw in your chin slightly towards the neck.

4. Put both hands in front of your abdomen, palms facing up, aligned on top of each other. Ladies should put their right hands on top, gentlemen put their left hands on top. The lower hand should be at about navel height, the upper hand should be about 1 to 4 inches above the lower hand. The five fingers should be somewhat straightened and about 0.2 inches apart. It is important that the little fingers stretch downward slightly. Your shoulders and elbows should be fully relaxed, but the armpits should remain hollow. The upper arms and hands should be 1 to 4 inches away from the body, and they should not touch the body.

5. At the same time, the lips touch lightly, and the teeth are slightly apart. Don not bite them together. Your tongue should be positioned on of the following four ways:

1. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, you should let the top of the tongue touch the back of the lower front teeth (see 2 in Figure 1).

2. If you have a history of mental disorders, have mood disturbances, or have trouble sleeping, you should curl your tongue downward to touch the ligament underneath the tongue (see 3 in Figure 1).

3. If you are overweight and want to lose weight, you should put your tongue in the middle of the mouth without touching anything (see 4 in Figure 1). (if you have low blood pressures, this tongue position should not be used).

4. If you are healthy or if any of the above three situations is not appropriate for you, your tongue should be curled up to touch the gum just behind the upper front teeth (see 1 in Figure 1).

You should choose only one of the above four tongue positions. Do not change tongue position in the middle of your practice.

6. Then, please partially close your eyes and look at your nose. While looking at your nose, gradually close your eyes completely. Visualize that you are looking at your nose with the middle point between your eyebrows.

(Figure 1 Positions of the tongue)

Please maintain the same body position. Imagine that there is a light beam coming out from the middle point between your eyebrows, the tianmu acupuncture point. The source of the light is the top of the head, the baihui acupuncture point (see 2 in Figure 2). During the say, imagine the sun light, or at night imagine the moonlight, starlight and electric lights entering the baihui point on the top of your head. The light then emanates from the middle point between the eyebrows, passes through your nose and goes down to your palms. From your palms, the light enters your navel. You should begin to enter a state in which you seem to aware but are not too aware, in which you are listening but not listening. Try to feel and sense the following images. Follow the directions to practice. Breathe deeply, softly, and regularly. Imagine that the pores of your whole body are opening and closing following the rhythm of your breathing. When you inhale, your pores open. Imagine and feel that the pores of your whole body open up. When you are exhaling, if you are not ill, imagine that the pores of your whole body are closed. If you are ill, the pores should remain open, but close them for a moment towards the end of each exhalation. Then go on to the next inhalation. Use your pores to help your breathing. Use your imagination to regulate the breathing. Breathe long and deep. Try to prolong the inhalation and exhalation.

Next, Please see the image of yourself when you were a naive and happy 6 or 7 year old. Ladies see the image of yourselves when you were 6, gentlemen see the image of yourselves when you were 7. Whether it is 6 or 7 does not matter. Just recall or imagine that you feel the same as when you were 6 or 7 years old. Recall the thoughts, feelings, and attitudes you had when you were a child. Keep the naive, pure, and merciful smile you had when you were a child.

Gradually advance deeper into the process. Please enter a state in which you are listening but not really listening, you are imagining but not really imagining.

(Figure 2 Acupuncture pressure points)

Step One

Please imagine that there is a fire or red light in your lower abdomen, and that there is some water on top of the fire. A lotus flower is blossoming above the water (see Figure 3). Please use your tianmu point to imagine that there is a fresh lotus flower, or a water lily, or a big red flower. The flower is opening and losing above the water. When you inhale, the lotus flower opens. When you exhale, the lotus flower closes. Use your forehead to imagine that the pores open when you inhale. Imagine that there are many kinds of lights, colors, sounds, and fragrances entering your body. All forms of energy - material and information are entering your body through the pores while you are inhaling. This energy-information enters your body through your open pores. This energy-information is then gathered into the blossoming lotus flower via your blood, lymph, bone marrow, etc. Keep on imagining in this way. Gradually use your forehead to observe while you are imagining. When you are exhaling, imagine that the lotus flower is opening and closing of the lotus flower, imagine that the intensity of the lights is continuously increasing. the read light, golden light, or many colorful lights are forcing gases with diseases out of the body. Use the lights in the lotus flower to forcefully push bad gases through the pores of whole body, especially through the bottom of th feet, out of the body.

Based on the above process, further imagine that your heart is contracting while you are inhaling. Your heart is relaxing and dilating while you are exhaling. Imagine that the heart in your chest or left chest is brightly illuminated by the red and golden lights. The lights from the lotus flower are continuously increasing their intensity and the light light up all of your internal organs, especially your heart (see Figure 3). During the practice, using the middle point of your forehead, gradually imagine and observe the changes on your skin and inside the body. It does not matter if you can not create the image or if you do not see or feel anything. Be aware that you are imagining but not imagining, you are thinking but not thinking.

Once you can coordinate the imagination process, start to count your breathing. Count your breaths to the number of your age. Count each inhalation and each exhalation. Count your breaths to the number of your age. Then start counting from 1 again. While you are counting your breath, you should coordinate the imagination process mentioned above. Each time you count an inhalation, you ought to imagine your pores opening, something entering your body and reaching the opening lotus flower. Imagining that your heart is contracting. During the exhalation process, the bad gases are forced out of the body, the lotus flower closes, the heart relaxes and dilates.

Coordinate the imagination and observation. Gradually sense and feel the changes. Breathe deeply, softly, and regularly. After you have counted to the number of your age, start from 1 again. Repeat the cycle once or many times. You may count up to 7 times of your age, or repeat even more times. This is step one.

(Figure 3 Imaginary pictures in step one)

Ending Procedure

We will now practice the ending procedure. The ending procedure is especially important for those of you who wishes to practice Qigong at home. When you are ready to end your practice, don't hurry. Remind yourself to open your eyes and think that you are going to end your practice. Use your mind to make your movements smaller and softer. The stop the movements with your thoughts. If you have had change from a sitting position to a reclining position. Begin the ending procedure after the movements have stopped. You should remind yourself to first stop the movements. Prolong your exhalation and gradually open your eyes.

Preparation for Ending

Raise your hands in front of your chest as if you were holding a ball in front of you. Your palms should face each other, finger pointing forward, thumb side up. Your finger should bend lightly, as if you were holding a favorite fruit of yours. Imagine that you are holding a big fruit, your favorite fruit. Imagine that the fruit has colors and lights. Breathe deeply 6 or 7 times. Gentleman should breathe 7 times. Ladies should breathe 6 times. Count one inhalation and one exhalation as one breath. When you are exhaling, both hands pull apart slowly. When you are inhaling, both hands push towards the middle slowly. If you had vigorous spontaneous movements during your practice, you must open your eyes. If you did not have spontaneous movements, you should close your eyes (see Figure 11).

(Figure 11. Reference pictures in preparation for ending)

Pay attention to the sensations of your palms and fingers. Feel if your fingers or palms are sore, numb, swollen, heavy, painful, cold or cool, warm or hot, see if you feel wind, resistance, etc. Try to remember the sensations you are having now. If you wish to acquire the benefits of special abilities in your future Qigong practice, you should remember these sensations and add positive thoughts. This will help you to achieve benefits and train for special abilities. Breathe deeply 6 to 7 times while your hands are opening and closing. Do this slowly. When you are inhaling, both hands are closing slowly towards middle, but your hands should not touch each other. When you are exhaling, slowly pull both hands apart. Try to feel the sensations. Remember the sensations. You should remember the sensations of your hands and body. It is important to recall the sensations and feelings you have today when you practice Qigong in the future. The information in this lecture room is good, nearly optimal. You may make your most important wish now. That is, think for a short moment of the important wishes you have as you are attending this Qigong lecture.

After counting 6 or 7 breathes, open your eyes. Put the palms together, wrists touching the chest, fingers pointing forward. Everybody must open their eyes. The formal ending procedure starts from here. The above is done in preparation for the ending. The preparation for ending is also a method of maintaining the effects of the training and raising special abilities. We will now begin the general ending procedure.

General Ending Procedure

Please imagine that you are pushing your feet deeply into the ground. You have the sensation that your feet are inserted 3 feet deep into the ground. Apply force to both feet. Push your feet into the ground and grip the ground with all ten toes. Visualize your big toes, little toes and heels griping the ground. Three points are gripping the ground. Tense up your thighs, tense up all the muscles in your legs, and contact the buttocks and pelvis. Forcefully tense and expand the abdomen and the waist. Gradually bite your teeth together. Relax the tongue and let the tongue circle around inside your mouth. Gentlemen should make their tongues circle 64 times clockwise. The clock is facing forward. Usually, you don't need to count the number of circles, just keep the number in your mind. If you have saliva, swish it around in your mouth then swallow it. Imagine that the saliva goes down to the lower dantian. Next, push your hands against each other, tense the whole body, push both hands together hard, like your whole body is trembling. Imagine that the pores of your whole body are closed, exhale deeply three times. Concentrate only on three exhalations, at the same time, imagine that bad gases with disease are further squeezed out of the body in this process (see 1 in Figure 12). Next inhale deeply three times, imagine that the pores of the skin are closed, and that bad gases can not enter the body, and that the internal energy will not leave the body (see 2 in Figure 12).

(Figure 12. Reference pictures for general ending procedure)

Next, rapidly rub your hands together. If you wear glasses, you should take them off. Rapidly rub your hands together until your palms are hot. After your hands are hot, gently cover your open eyes with both palms. Imagine that a red light, golden light, and purple light are entering your eyes to improve or maintain your vision. Breathe calmly for a short time. Then, slowly massage the face up to the top of head while inhaling deeply. Cover your head with both hands, palms on top of each other. Gentlemen should put their left hands on top, ladies put their right hands on top. Then imagine that during the day the sun light, or at night the moonlight, starlight, and electric lights, enter your body from the top of the head down to the lower abdomen. Imagine that the lights are sealed inside the body. Then exhale deeply as both hands massage down along your face. Try to imitate a yawn. It is better if you make some sounds while exhaling and yawning. As your palms slowly massage down to the lower jaw, put your palms together with middle fingers touching underneath the chin, fingers pointing upward. Then, inhale deeply as your palms massage up along the face again, until they cover the top of your head. Your palms should be on top of each other. Repeat this process, breathing deeply 3 to 7 times. Try to stimulate real yawns. Massage your face up and down. Breathe deeply and yawn. The yawning should be deep, loud and complete. Repeat 3 to 7 times. You should feel refreshed after the deep breathing and yawning.

Then cross your hands at the part between thumb and index finger, one palm over the back of the other hand (see 1 in Figure 13). Cover the naval with both hands. Gentlemen should put their left hands over their right hands, ladies should put their right hands over their left hands, palms facing your abdomen (see 1 in Figure 13). Imagine that some lights enter your naval or that the full contents of the imagination process of your practice enter your naval with the lights. Then visualize a light beam circling around the naval. The light beam should circle counter-clockwise 64 times for gentlemen (see 3 in Figure 13), and clockwise 49 times for ladies (see 4 in Figure 13). The clock faces outward. If you have any digestive problems, you may massage around the naval with a circular motion 64 or 49 times. If you don't have enough time, just think of the number of circles. You don't need to count.

(Figure 13. Reference pictures for general ending procedure)

Finally, think "I'm done," then pull your hands apart and return to a natural position. Move the joints of your body, the waist, shoulders, legs and arms. If you don't feel refreshed, please repeat the ending procedure starting from rubbing your hands together. You may repeat this 3 to 7 times. You should be able to end your practice completely after repeating the ending procedure 3 to 7 times.

If you had vigorous spontaneous movements during your practice and can not end your practice in a short time, you need to spend more time repeating the general ending procedure, or you may use the compulsory ending procedure.

Compulsory Ending Procedure

If one does the general ending part, but cannot end the practice completely, one can use the compulsory ending procedure.

1. Whenever one needs to do the compulsory ending, one needs not worry about the problem. One should have confidence that one can end the meditation.

2. Think that the whole body is relaxing, loosing and drained of energy. If standing, sit down to do the ending part. If seated, lie down to do the ending part.

3. Men pat the top of their heads seven times with the left hand. Women pat the top of their heads six times with the right hand.

4. After patting the head, use the forefinger and thumb of that hand to twist the inner part of eyes 6 to 7 times. Then feel around the eye balls, the two sides of nose and between nose and mouth for seven times until feeling sour, a little bit paralyzed, and bloated. Then use the middle finger to push and twist the part below the Adam's apple (mihu), to make yourself cough. This can adjust the whole body system.

5. Use the hand that patted your head to make a half fist, and hit the center of the chest (the part between the nipples) 6 to 7 times.

6. Then make two whole fists, placing the thumbs at the first joint of the forefinger. Place these fists on the ribs of both sides, and then make a forward bend, breathing in at the same time. Then straighten the back, and breath out. Repeat that 7 times.

7. Then using the fists with a little more energy, hit both sides of the back from bottom to top, and then hit it in reverse direction. Repeat that 6 to 7 times.

8. Straighten the back and sit. Keeping the hands half fisted, use the palms to pat the left and right chest, the back and the abdomen 24 times each.

9. Bring the palms together and repeat the processes of the general ending.

This compulsory ending is useful for people who cannot stop the meditation. If one still cannot finish the meditation, one can do the compulsory ending several times. It definitely can end the meditation without any problem.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990117024358/...pwei/9step.html

Nine-Step Qigong At a Glance

[ Home Page | Michigan Qigong | Practice Schedules | Event Annoucements | Members Information | 9 Step Qigong | Qigong Research ]

Nine-Step Qigong is a qigong maneuver conceived by Dr. Yan Xin. It is practiced by all members of the IYXQA. Below, we provide a synopsis of nine-step qigong for quick and easy reference. It is not a substitute for the original instruction material.

START sit upright straighten back stack hands in front of dantian tilt tongue upwards to touch upper cavity imagine light enters through baihui into head imagine light radiates from tianmu imagine light falls on hands imagine light reflected into dantian imagine light in dantian imagine water above light imagine lotus flower on top of water

STEP 1 inhale open skin pores imagine matters sip through pores lotus flower blossom matters congregate inside flower imagine heart contracts increment breath count exhale imagine pathogenic matters discharge through pores lotus flower contract imagine good matters sealed in flower imagine heart relax increment breath count count breathing to one's age-one cycle repeat 7 to 49 cycles

STEP 2 imagine mother (for male) or father (for female) nearby practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 3 superimpose parent's image into one's body practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 4 imagine father (for male) or mother (for female) nearby practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 5 superimpose parent's image into one's body practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 6 imagine both parents nearby practice step 1 with both parents count breathing to one's age plus parents' ages

STEP 7 superimpose parents' images into one's body congregate combined image inside lotus flower practice step 1 with both parents count inhalations only count to one's age only combined image shrink with each count

STEP 8 practice step 1 with both parents count exhalations only count to one's age only combined image expand with each count

STEP 9 imagine long-living object nearby practice step 1 with object count to one's age plus object's age

END clasp hands together contract body from bottom to top grip teeth tightly encircle tongue 64 (male) or 49 (female) times expel pathogenic gases 3 times inhale 3 times rub hands vigorously cover eyes with palms imagine light entering eyes, reinforcing eyesight inhale massage upwards to baihui exhale massage downwards to chin induce yawn repeat 3 to 7 times till refreshed cross hands and cover dantian encircle qi 64 (male) or 49 (female) times

Prepared by Wee-Keong Ng.

http://web.archive.org/web/19970521130353/...uli/qigong.html

http://web.archive.org/web/19990127124906/...doc/master.html

http://web.archive.org/web/19970615222922/...zil/80char.html

In kind regards,

Adam.

• Like 4

Also, apparently the nine step method is merely the lesser, public face of the inner true method, which is only taught at advanced seminars and must be held strictly confidential by those who receive it. So, if we want know what is really going on behind those advanced siddhis of his, that's what we need to access. Not likely though, unless you know someone willing to reveal it to you (or go to one of the seminars yourself). However, from what I can tell, it is just fairly standard Buddhist (Tantric) Qigong cultivation - quite similar to Tibetan gtummo in some its forms. Not surprising really, all part of the same family tree of socio-geographic genealogy.

In kind regards,

Adam.

i have been lurking for a while but saw this thread and decided to create a membership so i could post something

because some of the instructions for the first step of the nine were posted i just wanted to add something from my personal experience :

I learned Yan Xin's 9 step method from some friends that had practiced for a long time.

I ran into some problems with the heart contracting part of step one. when i talked to my friends they said that that part had been taken out later because many people were having adverse reactions because of it..

also that the ending procedure is important- i knew a friend who started practicing this method and they would sometimes forget to do the ending procedure- they kept slipping out of their body

if people wanted to try out this method there might still be some study groups practicing around the US... i think you have to take responsibility for your own cultivation but still teachers are good to keep you from making some mistakes....

Franklin

• Like 3

This is awesome thanks!

Hi all,

For those of you interested, I've just spent the night combing the net in an attempt to find documented details of Dr Yan Xin's Qigong method. It was remarkably difficult, but I finally struck gold with this overview of the practice. If you can find some of his out of print books, there is a practice manual and an audio tape, but people are asking ridiculous - exorbitant profiteering - prices of several hundred dollars for a single second-hand book (a not too unfamiliar story around here ;-). So here is the main practice document with pictures of postures etc., and several other links to lesser, more general information. Please see below and enjoy:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990117030127/...ntro/9step.html

Yan Xin Qigong Nine Step Method

International Yan Xin Qigong Association, 1994 - 1996

Translated by

Longguang Gao and Lance Halvorsen

International Yan Xin Qigong Association

University of Wisconsin - Madison

Beginning

The opening posture should be standardized.

1. If you are sitting on a chair, sit on the front one-third or one-forth of the chair. Your legs should be perpendicular to the ground. If you have illness or low blood pressures, put your knees together. If you are standing, your feet should be a little bit wider than the width of your shoulder and your knees should be bent slightly. If you are sitting on the floor, you should sit with your legs crossed.

2. Straighten your back and contract your abdomen slightly.

3. Straighten your neck and draw in your chin slightly towards the neck.

4. Put both hands in front of your abdomen, palms facing up, aligned on top of each other. Ladies should put their right hands on top, gentlemen put their left hands on top. The lower hand should be at about navel height, the upper hand should be about 1 to 4 inches above the lower hand. The five fingers should be somewhat straightened and about 0.2 inches apart. It is important that the little fingers stretch downward slightly. Your shoulders and elbows should be fully relaxed, but the armpits should remain hollow. The upper arms and hands should be 1 to 4 inches away from the body, and they should not touch the body.

5. At the same time, the lips touch lightly, and the teeth are slightly apart. Don not bite them together. Your tongue should be positioned on of the following four ways:

1. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, you should let the top of the tongue touch the back of the lower front teeth (see 2 in Figure 1).

2. If you have a history of mental disorders, have mood disturbances, or have trouble sleeping, you should curl your tongue downward to touch the ligament underneath the tongue (see 3 in Figure 1).

3. If you are overweight and want to lose weight, you should put your tongue in the middle of the mouth without touching anything (see 4 in Figure 1). (if you have low blood pressures, this tongue position should not be used).

4. If you are healthy or if any of the above three situations is not appropriate for you, your tongue should be curled up to touch the gum just behind the upper front teeth (see 1 in Figure 1).

You should choose only one of the above four tongue positions. Do not change tongue position in the middle of your practice.

6. Then, please partially close your eyes and look at your nose. While looking at your nose, gradually close your eyes completely. Visualize that you are looking at your nose with the middle point between your eyebrows.

(Figure 1 Positions of the tongue)

Please maintain the same body position. Imagine that there is a light beam coming out from the middle point between your eyebrows, the tianmu acupuncture point. The source of the light is the top of the head, the baihui acupuncture point (see 2 in Figure 2). During the say, imagine the sun light, or at night imagine the moonlight, starlight and electric lights entering the baihui point on the top of your head. The light then emanates from the middle point between the eyebrows, passes through your nose and goes down to your palms. From your palms, the light enters your navel. You should begin to enter a state in which you seem to aware but are not too aware, in which you are listening but not listening. Try to feel and sense the following images. Follow the directions to practice. Breathe deeply, softly, and regularly. Imagine that the pores of your whole body are opening and closing following the rhythm of your breathing. When you inhale, your pores open. Imagine and feel that the pores of your whole body open up. When you are exhaling, if you are not ill, imagine that the pores of your whole body are closed. If you are ill, the pores should remain open, but close them for a moment towards the end of each exhalation. Then go on to the next inhalation. Use your pores to help your breathing. Use your imagination to regulate the breathing. Breathe long and deep. Try to prolong the inhalation and exhalation.

Next, Please see the image of yourself when you were a naive and happy 6 or 7 year old. Ladies see the image of yourselves when you were 6, gentlemen see the image of yourselves when you were 7. Whether it is 6 or 7 does not matter. Just recall or imagine that you feel the same as when you were 6 or 7 years old. Recall the thoughts, feelings, and attitudes you had when you were a child. Keep the naive, pure, and merciful smile you had when you were a child.

Gradually advance deeper into the process. Please enter a state in which you are listening but not really listening, you are imagining but not really imagining.

(Figure 2 Acupuncture pressure points)

Step One

Please imagine that there is a fire or red light in your lower abdomen, and that there is some water on top of the fire. A lotus flower is blossoming above the water (see Figure 3). Please use your tianmu point to imagine that there is a fresh lotus flower, or a water lily, or a big red flower. The flower is opening and losing above the water. When you inhale, the lotus flower opens. When you exhale, the lotus flower closes. Use your forehead to imagine that the pores open when you inhale. Imagine that there are many kinds of lights, colors, sounds, and fragrances entering your body. All forms of energy - material and information are entering your body through the pores while you are inhaling. This energy-information enters your body through your open pores. This energy-information is then gathered into the blossoming lotus flower via your blood, lymph, bone marrow, etc. Keep on imagining in this way. Gradually use your forehead to observe while you are imagining. When you are exhaling, imagine that the lotus flower is opening and closing of the lotus flower, imagine that the intensity of the lights is continuously increasing. the read light, golden light, or many colorful lights are forcing gases with diseases out of the body. Use the lights in the lotus flower to forcefully push bad gases through the pores of whole body, especially through the bottom of th feet, out of the body.

Based on the above process, further imagine that your heart is contracting while you are inhaling. Your heart is relaxing and dilating while you are exhaling. Imagine that the heart in your chest or left chest is brightly illuminated by the red and golden lights. The lights from the lotus flower are continuously increasing their intensity and the light light up all of your internal organs, especially your heart (see Figure 3). During the practice, using the middle point of your forehead, gradually imagine and observe the changes on your skin and inside the body. It does not matter if you can not create the image or if you do not see or feel anything. Be aware that you are imagining but not imagining, you are thinking but not thinking.

Once you can coordinate the imagination process, start to count your breathing. Count your breaths to the number of your age. Count each inhalation and each exhalation. Count your breaths to the number of your age. Then start counting from 1 again. While you are counting your breath, you should coordinate the imagination process mentioned above. Each time you count an inhalation, you ought to imagine your pores opening, something entering your body and reaching the opening lotus flower. Imagining that your heart is contracting. During the exhalation process, the bad gases are forced out of the body, the lotus flower closes, the heart relaxes and dilates.

Coordinate the imagination and observation. Gradually sense and feel the changes. Breathe deeply, softly, and regularly. After you have counted to the number of your age, start from 1 again. Repeat the cycle once or many times. You may count up to 7 times of your age, or repeat even more times. This is step one.

(Figure 3 Imaginary pictures in step one)

Ending Procedure

We will now practice the ending procedure. The ending procedure is especially important for those of you who wishes to practice Qigong at home. When you are ready to end your practice, don't hurry. Remind yourself to open your eyes and think that you are going to end your practice. Use your mind to make your movements smaller and softer. The stop the movements with your thoughts. If you have had change from a sitting position to a reclining position. Begin the ending procedure after the movements have stopped. You should remind yourself to first stop the movements. Prolong your exhalation and gradually open your eyes.

Preparation for Ending

Raise your hands in front of your chest as if you were holding a ball in front of you. Your palms should face each other, finger pointing forward, thumb side up. Your finger should bend lightly, as if you were holding a favorite fruit of yours. Imagine that you are holding a big fruit, your favorite fruit. Imagine that the fruit has colors and lights. Breathe deeply 6 or 7 times. Gentleman should breathe 7 times. Ladies should breathe 6 times. Count one inhalation and one exhalation as one breath. When you are exhaling, both hands pull apart slowly. When you are inhaling, both hands push towards the middle slowly. If you had vigorous spontaneous movements during your practice, you must open your eyes. If you did not have spontaneous movements, you should close your eyes (see Figure 11).

(Figure 11. Reference pictures in preparation for ending)

Pay attention to the sensations of your palms and fingers. Feel if your fingers or palms are sore, numb, swollen, heavy, painful, cold or cool, warm or hot, see if you feel wind, resistance, etc. Try to remember the sensations you are having now. If you wish to acquire the benefits of special abilities in your future Qigong practice, you should remember these sensations and add positive thoughts. This will help you to achieve benefits and train for special abilities. Breathe deeply 6 to 7 times while your hands are opening and closing. Do this slowly. When you are inhaling, both hands are closing slowly towards middle, but your hands should not touch each other. When you are exhaling, slowly pull both hands apart. Try to feel the sensations. Remember the sensations. You should remember the sensations of your hands and body. It is important to recall the sensations and feelings you have today when you practice Qigong in the future. The information in this lecture room is good, nearly optimal. You may make your most important wish now. That is, think for a short moment of the important wishes you have as you are attending this Qigong lecture.

After counting 6 or 7 breathes, open your eyes. Put the palms together, wrists touching the chest, fingers pointing forward. Everybody must open their eyes. The formal ending procedure starts from here. The above is done in preparation for the ending. The preparation for ending is also a method of maintaining the effects of the training and raising special abilities. We will now begin the general ending procedure.

General Ending Procedure

Please imagine that you are pushing your feet deeply into the ground. You have the sensation that your feet are inserted 3 feet deep into the ground. Apply force to both feet. Push your feet into the ground and grip the ground with all ten toes. Visualize your big toes, little toes and heels griping the ground. Three points are gripping the ground. Tense up your thighs, tense up all the muscles in your legs, and contact the buttocks and pelvis. Forcefully tense and expand the abdomen and the waist. Gradually bite your teeth together. Relax the tongue and let the tongue circle around inside your mouth. Gentlemen should make their tongues circle 64 times clockwise. The clock is facing forward. Usually, you don't need to count the number of circles, just keep the number in your mind. If you have saliva, swish it around in your mouth then swallow it. Imagine that the saliva goes down to the lower dantian. Next, push your hands against each other, tense the whole body, push both hands together hard, like your whole body is trembling. Imagine that the pores of your whole body are closed, exhale deeply three times. Concentrate only on three exhalations, at the same time, imagine that bad gases with disease are further squeezed out of the body in this process (see 1 in Figure 12). Next inhale deeply three times, imagine that the pores of the skin are closed, and that bad gases can not enter the body, and that the internal energy will not leave the body (see 2 in Figure 12).

(Figure 12. Reference pictures for general ending procedure)

Next, rapidly rub your hands together. If you wear glasses, you should take them off. Rapidly rub your hands together until your palms are hot. After your hands are hot, gently cover your open eyes with both palms. Imagine that a red light, golden light, and purple light are entering your eyes to improve or maintain your vision. Breathe calmly for a short time. Then, slowly massage the face up to the top of head while inhaling deeply. Cover your head with both hands, palms on top of each other. Gentlemen should put their left hands on top, ladies put their right hands on top. Then imagine that during the day the sun light, or at night the moonlight, starlight, and electric lights, enter your body from the top of the head down to the lower abdomen. Imagine that the lights are sealed inside the body. Then exhale deeply as both hands massage down along your face. Try to imitate a yawn. It is better if you make some sounds while exhaling and yawning. As your palms slowly massage down to the lower jaw, put your palms together with middle fingers touching underneath the chin, fingers pointing upward. Then, inhale deeply as your palms massage up along the face again, until they cover the top of your head. Your palms should be on top of each other. Repeat this process, breathing deeply 3 to 7 times. Try to stimulate real yawns. Massage your face up and down. Breathe deeply and yawn. The yawning should be deep, loud and complete. Repeat 3 to 7 times. You should feel refreshed after the deep breathing and yawning.

Then cross your hands at the part between thumb and index finger, one palm over the back of the other hand (see 1 in Figure 13). Cover the naval with both hands. Gentlemen should put their left hands over their right hands, ladies should put their right hands over their left hands, palms facing your abdomen (see 1 in Figure 13). Imagine that some lights enter your naval or that the full contents of the imagination process of your practice enter your naval with the lights. Then visualize a light beam circling around the naval. The light beam should circle counter-clockwise 64 times for gentlemen (see 3 in Figure 13), and clockwise 49 times for ladies (see 4 in Figure 13). The clock faces outward. If you have any digestive problems, you may massage around the naval with a circular motion 64 or 49 times. If you don't have enough time, just think of the number of circles. You don't need to count.

(Figure 13. Reference pictures for general ending procedure)

Finally, think "I'm done," then pull your hands apart and return to a natural position. Move the joints of your body, the waist, shoulders, legs and arms. If you don't feel refreshed, please repeat the ending procedure starting from rubbing your hands together. You may repeat this 3 to 7 times. You should be able to end your practice completely after repeating the ending procedure 3 to 7 times.

If you had vigorous spontaneous movements during your practice and can not end your practice in a short time, you need to spend more time repeating the general ending procedure, or you may use the compulsory ending procedure.

Compulsory Ending Procedure

If one does the general ending part, but cannot end the practice completely, one can use the compulsory ending procedure.

1. Whenever one needs to do the compulsory ending, one needs not worry about the problem. One should have confidence that one can end the meditation.

2. Think that the whole body is relaxing, loosing and drained of energy. If standing, sit down to do the ending part. If seated, lie down to do the ending part.

3. Men pat the top of their heads seven times with the left hand. Women pat the top of their heads six times with the right hand.

4. After patting the head, use the forefinger and thumb of that hand to twist the inner part of eyes 6 to 7 times. Then feel around the eye balls, the two sides of nose and between nose and mouth for seven times until feeling sour, a little bit paralyzed, and bloated. Then use the middle finger to push and twist the part below the Adam's apple (mihu), to make yourself cough. This can adjust the whole body system.

5. Use the hand that patted your head to make a half fist, and hit the center of the chest (the part between the nipples) 6 to 7 times.

6. Then make two whole fists, placing the thumbs at the first joint of the forefinger. Place these fists on the ribs of both sides, and then make a forward bend, breathing in at the same time. Then straighten the back, and breath out. Repeat that 7 times.

7. Then using the fists with a little more energy, hit both sides of the back from bottom to top, and then hit it in reverse direction. Repeat that 6 to 7 times.

8. Straighten the back and sit. Keeping the hands half fisted, use the palms to pat the left and right chest, the back and the abdomen 24 times each.

9. Bring the palms together and repeat the processes of the general ending.

This compulsory ending is useful for people who cannot stop the meditation. If one still cannot finish the meditation, one can do the compulsory ending several times. It definitely can end the meditation without any problem.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990117024358/...pwei/9step.html

Nine-Step Qigong At a Glance

[ Home Page | Michigan Qigong | Practice Schedules | Event Annoucements | Members Information | 9 Step Qigong | Qigong Research ]

Nine-Step Qigong is a qigong maneuver conceived by Dr. Yan Xin. It is practiced by all members of the IYXQA. Below, we provide a synopsis of nine-step qigong for quick and easy reference. It is not a substitute for the original instruction material.

START sit upright straighten back stack hands in front of dantian tilt tongue upwards to touch upper cavity imagine light enters through baihui into head imagine light radiates from tianmu imagine light falls on hands imagine light reflected into dantian imagine light in dantian imagine water above light imagine lotus flower on top of water

STEP 1 inhale open skin pores imagine matters sip through pores lotus flower blossom matters congregate inside flower imagine heart contracts increment breath count exhale imagine pathogenic matters discharge through pores lotus flower contract imagine good matters sealed in flower imagine heart relax increment breath count count breathing to one's age-one cycle repeat 7 to 49 cycles

STEP 2 imagine mother (for male) or father (for female) nearby practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 3 superimpose parent's image into one's body practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 4 imagine father (for male) or mother (for female) nearby practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 5 superimpose parent's image into one's body practice step 1 with parent count breathing to one's age plus parent's age

STEP 6 imagine both parents nearby practice step 1 with both parents count breathing to one's age plus parents' ages

STEP 7 superimpose parents' images into one's body congregate combined image inside lotus flower practice step 1 with both parents count inhalations only count to one's age only combined image shrink with each count

STEP 8 practice step 1 with both parents count exhalations only count to one's age only combined image expand with each count

STEP 9 imagine long-living object nearby practice step 1 with object count to one's age plus object's age

END clasp hands together contract body from bottom to top grip teeth tightly encircle tongue 64 (male) or 49 (female) times expel pathogenic gases 3 times inhale 3 times rub hands vigorously cover eyes with palms imagine light entering eyes, reinforcing eyesight inhale massage upwards to baihui exhale massage downwards to chin induce yawn repeat 3 to 7 times till refreshed cross hands and cover dantian encircle qi 64 (male) or 49 (female) times

Prepared by Wee-Keong Ng.

http://web.archive.org/web/19970521130353/...uli/qigong.html

http://web.archive.org/web/19990127124906/...doc/master.html

http://web.archive.org/web/19970615222922/...zil/80char.html

In kind regards,

Adam.

This is awesome thanks!

Your most welcome Drew - thanks for bringing it to mine and TaoBum's attention! :D

In kind regards,

Adam.