Bindi

tree energy in healing

Has anyone had any experience in charging from trees to add extra energy into their healing? I've done it occasionally up till now, and it has had the effect of making the healing charge a bit stronger, but the last couple of times the extra tree energy has made the healing energy uncomfortable (to the person receiving the healing).

The thing is, that's not necessarily bad in itself, because I can place my hands further away, and the overwhelming energy is reduced, but I'm left wondering is it better not to charge with tree energy in the first place, or can this energy add something, as long as I adjust for it?

Also, the feeing of it being too strong for the person did leave after a few minutes, but she had to hit/massage the area for a while to relieve it first.

Any comments regarding with this would be helpful.

I thought I might post the results of my experiments with tree energy to offer at least one conclusion. I’m mainly working with one person in healings at the moment, so this experiment was only with her.

We experimented once more with tree energy, and this time it didn’t affect her badly physically, but she was zonked out for most of the day afterwards. She said this was neither good nor bad, she just wasn’t really present, and was unable to function. In terms of the healing benefit, she had a lot of qi flow which was good, and a lot of heat, and this helped her condition at the time, but at a price.

So then in the next healing session, with no tree energy, the qi again warmed and flowed though not as noticeably, but nonetheless the end result was about the same in healing effect, but with no negative effects.

So my current attitude: it’s not worth it, the increase in effect was either too small or unnoticeable, and the price to pay far too high.

Edited by Bindi

last summer I remembered the connection I had with trees as a child and went back to them.

I'm healing myself and though sometimes I find myself giving other people little nudges, I will not attempt to consciously heal someone else. It feels like I'm not ready for that.

My experience with trees is that they can be very generous with their energy, but there should be a 'fit' between tree and human. A tree that I connect with nicely might not be ' your' tree.

And I would never try to consciously use them for anything. Its more a kind of merging, of balancing. They are very much their own, if they want to give/share I accept gracefully and try to give something/ my love back

my two cents

• Like 6

The Dragon Gate Daoists practice with trees. To give a general outline on their theory:

Pine trees resonate with the wood element

Poplar trees with fire

Willow trees with earth

Paulownia trees with metal

And Cypress trees with water

Practice during the day is used to reduce excess. Night practice is used to mend deficiency.

A general knowledge of five element theory in traditional Chinese medicine is helpful with diagnosing which practice suits you. Like blue eyed snake said above, it's important to pick a tree that resonates with you.

My teacher told me a story about a monk who insisted on practicing with the oldest biggest tree on mount Huashan. They didn't 'fit' together, but he persisted. Apparently the monk then fell into such poor health he had to leave the mountain (at the time my Chinese wasn't good enough to pick up what exactly happened to him).

So my teacher suggested finding a tree while practicing walking meditation. A compatible tree will attract you. It's not so different from finding friends or lovers. Connection is destiny. It can't be forced. Nevertheless, it's up to you to create a space of opportunity.

Edited by 松永道
  • Like 9

I have found tree energy very helpful in breaking down gates/barriers/blocks in my own body, at the right time, when its clear that some specific block/barrier needs to be broken down in a specific part of my body. I'm sure these blocks would have taken longer to break down without the extra energy.

In my initial interaction with trees, my mother, who sees many things, looked at the energy coming from various trees. One thing that was common was the initial rush of energy from trees as though they were too eager to release energy, but this invariably settled down and became a steady stream. The other thing of note was the colour coming from them, we have huge karri trees where I live, and they have mainly an electric blue energy, and the other large trees here are pine trees, and they have green energy.

In one pine tree in particular which we both particularly liked, she saw a wise old man welcoming us. Unfortunately that tree's not on public land.

• Like 2

Practice during the day is used to reduce excess. Night practice is used to mend deficiency.

Thanks for your comment!

Oak and a very big beechtree, that's it for me, but the last one is a bit too far to walk for me right now.

Could you explain what you mean here with excess and deficiency

Remember that trees are vibrant beings of light rather than reservoirs to be tapped...

• Like 6

Trees, forests, pristine water streams, flowers, rocks...all natural elements are tools for bringing back the five elements to balance, to their pre-birth state because once you are born you slowly decay, become ill and imbalanced as a result of living in society as an ordinary human.

Trees are very special, indeed. Portals to other dimensions.

In this song,

is comfortably playing beside a tree and a river.

:)

Edited by Gerard

So my teacher suggested finding a tree while practicing walking meditation. A compatible tree will attract you. It's not so different from finding friends or lovers. Connection is destiny. It can't be forced. Nevertheless, it's up to you to create a space of opportunity.

Yeah I often find trees that are interested in me practicing bagua zhang. Generally I think I have a good rapport with the local trees, and I make sure to thank them after communing with them through practice.

Sometimes I have felt certain types of trees to have a menacing spirit. Havent tried healing others with tree energy, but I sometimes appeal to my local trees as masters to send me energy to help with with the integrity of my standing posts and qigong.

I might do so to try and enhance a Spring Forest Qigong exercise, like 'forming of yin/yang' which uses a visualization of energy moving up and down the body--akin to the work a tree does from bottom to top.

Next time you commune with our wooden friends consider that while a tree's lifeforce is well distributed through its form, its 'intelligence' is primarily in the roots; if trees had a seat of consciousness, it would be in the roots. The trunk and limbs are just that--extensions of the body from its root.

Hmm, lots of great things to learn from trees!

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

I've experimented with tree energy before.

There is a qigong exercise I do that involves standing up with arms out, hands open - absorbing energy from two trees. These two trees can be two trees in nature, or if a person is doing qigong indoors they can visualize two trees of whatever species they wish. Breathing in, you absorb the energy through the center of your palms.

I notice certain trees are very yang - pine trees, for instance, whereas others are very yin, like the willow tree. This can effect my qigong practice, yang trees might be more energizing whereas yin ones are more soothing, so finding a tree with equal yin to yang may be ideal, but of course it depends on the individual. I'd like to try more experimentation once my practice improves and I can notice more unique sensations when practicing under different trees.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 1

I notice certain trees are very yang - pine trees, for instance, whereas others are very yin, like the willow tree. This can effect my qigong practice, yang trees might be more energizing whereas yin ones are more soothing, so finding a tree with equal yin to yang may be ideal, but of course it depends on the individual. I'd like to try more experimentation once my practice improves and I can notice more unique sensations when practicing under different trees.

This really helps me to understand my past experience with tree energy, and why my tree energy healing might have been so harsh, maybe too yang, thanks.

Remember that trees are vibrant beings of light rather than reservoirs to be tapped...

Yes, good point. My teacher mentioned that it's an exchange. We get qi. They get emotion.

I like trees :)

• Like 3

This really helps me to understand my past experience with tree energy, and why my tree energy healing might have been so harsh, maybe too yang, thanks.

As mentioned above, there is also a difference between practicing with trees at night and during the day.

I only practice at night.

As mentioned above, there is also a difference between practicing with trees at night and during the day.

I only practice at night.

Could you explain the difference between night and day practice?

I tried charging with a beautiful willow this morning, and did do a healing with that energy to test the yin/yang difference, and indeed it was much softer, no negative effects, possibly a gentle increase in energy.

This willow is one that I've always thought was beautiful, but I had never put two and two together before to consider that I might therefore be drawn towards it. It had a root above ground, and in fact I charged with my hands on the root, and I could definitely feel the energy in my hands.

Before the healing though, I asked my mother to 'see' the energy in my body, and she saw the root of the tree turn into a small white wooden sled which was carved into a curl in the front, which glided smoothly up to my throat and stopped there where a guard was on duty standing next to a doorway. She didn't see any further than this.  

I see the white sled as being yin energy, as well as the smooth motion. I also found it interesting to see how my body reacted to tree energy, though it wasn't conclusive.

Yes, trees are great for this.

The stereotype is that trees are grounding but I notice that what they do is actually stretch the energy. People who are sensitive will initially feel a light headness when they stand with their back to a very tall tree because the tree is lifting their qi up as well as pulling it down. As it does so, it pulls all the extraneous crap out of your weiqi fields before the fields finally normalize to their regular size. If you think about the entire anatomy of the tree... it is constantly circulating qi and nutrition to its deep roots and to its upper branches via the xylem and phloem. Wherever blood goes qi goes, and the sugary liquid in the tree is analogous to that.

So if you stand next to such an object as a living tree, which is perhaps hundreds of times bigger than you, you will be enveloped in its wei qi and its qi circulation will affect yours.

I find trees incredibly balancing and nourishing. Forests in general treat you as kin. Once you walk in you just become part of the living field and the community supports you. Plants have a group consciousness for sure, and humans can plug into that readily.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 2