sedigheh zokaei

Shaolin temple

there is introduced for some questions about shaolin temple in china :

... what had been the root of the word "shaolin" in historical china ? and is there any relationship and seperate reason for the name "shao", that the mountain region had been called with that name?

and : how had been the current of life in the shaolin tempe for masters and students in the short and long time in the temple? and what was the base of the deep planings in the temple and how had based on the taoism and buddhism oppinions?

thanks. :)

there is introduced for some questions about shaolin temple in china :

... what had been the root of the word "shaolin" in historical china ? and is there any relationship and seperate reason for the name "shao", that the mountain region had been called with that name?

and : how had been the current of life in the shaolin tempe for masters and students in the short and long time in the temple? and what was the base of the deep planings in the temple and how had based on the taoism and buddhism oppinions?

thanks. :)

Shao Lin , the name, means little forest. Perhaps because there was alot of trees back in Old China...that's why the name Little Forest. There is nothing mystical to it. The mountains there are not names Shao Lin Mountain. I forgot the name of the mountain there though, but it isn't Shao Lin Shan.

The life of any monk is to meditate, cultivate; read, recite, memorize sutras, listen to Dharma Talks, tend to the land; growing vegetables, cleaning clothes, cooking, and spreading the teachings.

There was no base of Daoisim in the Buddhist temple. It was simply just to cultivate.

Peace,

Lin

hello lin:

thank you very much from your preamble :) . and by the last sentences that you have ditributed, this question has created in my mind that :

then, whre is the deferance beetwin fujian temple and honan temple?

if the roots of taoism in china , is in the sourhern region, so how mean the station of taoism basics in the sholin ? and what will be this matter that : in fact shaolin temples have some taoism tendencies ? and what will be the incarnation of taoism in invironment in china and where is it?

an other matter is that : where is cyncretism that had been beetwin taois and buddism? in belief and in living space, too?

hello lin:

thank you very much from your preamble :) . and by the last sentences that you have ditributed, this question has created in my mind that :

then, whre is the deferance beetwin fujian temple and honan temple?

if the roots of taoism in china , is in the sourhern region, so how mean the station of taoism basics in the sholin ? and what will be this matter that : in fact shaolin temples have some taoism tendencies ? and what will be the incarnation of taoism in invironment in china and where is it?

an other matter is that : where is cyncretism that had been beetwin taois and buddism? in belief and in living space, too?

Righto, i throw in my 2 cents.

the area in Henan is Song shan,many reason are given up to the reason why the shaolin temple was built there it just depends what you want to believe.

There really is no direct connection between either of the shaolin temples and taoism, the idea that taoism is stronger in the south maybe come from a quote that i have forottoen comparing the Northern shaloin and wudang temple, this quote was based mainly on the fighting ability of the different monks.

These days the Shaolin templeis very different from what a lot of people expect. there are a lot of stalls with monks selling dvds weapons and various other things, even the monks and the surrounding schools speciallise more in contemporary wushu than either kunkfu ot buddism, I had a friend who was having difficulty with her meditation practice and headed off to the temple to ask one of the monks about it, she was unable to find anyone who could help her.

you will still find some of the monks practicing taiji but this is more to do with geography (the chen village is also in Henan and shares many movments with shaolin kung fu) and the popularity of the art. gone are the days when the shaolin monks only learnt shaolin kung fu.

not sure this answers any questions at all. but what the hey

Righto, i throw in my 2 cents.

the area in Henan is Song shan,many reason are given up to the reason why the shaolin temple was built there it just depends what you want to believe.

There really is no direct connection between either of the shaolin temples and taoism, the idea that taoism is stronger in the south maybe come from a quote that i have forottoen comparing the Northern shaloin and wudang temple, this quote was based mainly on the fighting ability of the different monks.

These days the Shaolin templeis very different from what a lot of people expect. there are a lot of stalls with monks selling dvds weapons and various other things, even the monks and the surrounding schools speciallise more in contemporary wushu than either kunkfu ot buddism, I had a friend who was having difficulty with her meditation practice and headed off to the temple to ask one of the monks about it, she was unable to find anyone who could help her.

you will still find some of the monks practicing taiji but this is more to do with geography (the chen village is also in Henan and shares many movments with shaolin kung fu) and the popularity of the art. gone are the days when the shaolin monks only learnt shaolin kung fu.

not sure this answers any questions at all. but what the hey

You are right. In the north is ShaoLin in the South is Wudang. That is the saying.

In the South, Fujian province, there is the New Shaolin temple.