Jeff

Inner heart or above the head...

Inner heart or above the head, which is truly "higher"?

I would be interested in your thoughts...

• Like 1

From experience, the inner heart. This is where man holds the Covanent of Unity with his Creator.

:)

• Like 2

well, when you're standing up the head is definitely higher than the heart.

Lying down there about the same height.

My guess is that it is about balance

• Like 1

There's no 'outer heart'.

We'd be in trouble if we had one of those!

Not sure if the inner heart is the same as the physiological heart-heart.

Also, whereabouts 'above the head'?

On the ceiling?

Up on the roof?

I think you need to be more specific Jeff.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

The greatest masters are depicted with the circle expanding from the heart area. Not the head.

It is truly one's "center."

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

"As above, so below".

I am finding it is two sides of the same coin; just one side has been the focus most of the time.

• Like 4

This doesn´t go exactly to your question perhaps, but my sense is that there is infinite space "outside" the body, and infinite space "inside" the body. The more facility a person has to go out, the more facility a person has to go in, and vice versa.

Liminal

• Like 4

turns out anything is true and possible, the whole universe a reflection of self. Those using techniques and belief systems are they getting anywhere? or constantly discovering the limitations they provide?

• Like 1

Those using techniques and belief systems are they getting anywhere? or constantly discovering the limitations they provide?

That, to a large extent, would depend on one's primary motive, and to a lesser extent, to how the system and techniques therein are measured out and how skilfully these are then integrated. If its done with positive intentions, aiming to mutually alleviate self and other's burden, then why not?

It does not help to dismiss belief systems and techniques en masse because essentially these are no more than tools, or pointers, or even support for some parts of one's journey. How often has it been said that we ought not to blame the tools... but seldom do people heed that suggestion - its handy to have a few 'fall guys' lying around, like kitchen napkins, just in case we mess up. And techniques without proper intent or motivation are exactly that, just something thats used to mop up a spill or something on which to lay the blame when the going gets bumpy.

When techniques are coupled with resolve, wisdom and proper direction they become both artillery and armour simultaneously.

• Like 2

The only reason one favors the celestial is because the earthly has so much dominance. Learning the celestial is when mountains are not mountains. Mountains are mountains again when the celestial and earthly are back in balance. Higher and lower are just words.

• Like 3

That, to a large extent, would depend on one's primary motive, and to a lesser extent, to how the system and techniques therein are measured out and how skilfully these are then integrated. If its done with positive intentions, aiming to mutually alleviate self and other's burden, then why not?

It does not help to dismiss belief systems and techniques en masse because essentially these are no more than tools, or pointers, or even support for some parts of one's journey. How often has it been said that we ought not to blame the tools... but seldom do people heed that suggestion - its handy to have a few 'fall guys' lying around, like kitchen napkins, just in case we mess up. And techniques without proper intent or motivation are exactly that, just something thats used to mop up a spill or something on which to lay the blame when the going gets bumpy.

When techniques are coupled with resolve, wisdom and proper direction they become both artillery and armour simultaneously.

Because i believe the greatest technique, is no technique, but the source behind each and every technique.

May not be practical, but in a different sense it is most practical.

Whatever you want with your technique is limited to your current understanding

• Like 1

How about the higher you go above your head the deeper you go into you heart center. How about the energy center above the head, leads one to an awareness from the heart

• Like 1

How about the higher you go above your head the deeper you go into you heart center. How about the energy center above the head, leads one to an awareness from the heart

I know that when I am taking my blood pressure the higher I hold my arm the lower my blood pressure is.

This is likely not helpful though.

Oh well.

This doesn´t go exactly to your question perhaps, but my sense is that there is infinite space "outside" the body, and infinite space "inside" the body. The more facility a person has to go out, the more facility a person has to go in, and vice versa.

Liminal

Interesting point. Is there a difference between inside and outside?

• Like 1

The only reason one favors the celestial is because the earthly has so much dominance. Learning the celestial is when mountains are not mountains. Mountains are mountains again when the celestial and earthly are back in balance. Higher and lower are just words.

So, no separate? No higher and lower?

Interesting point. Is there a difference between inside and outside?

Between inside and outside of what?

So, no separate? No higher and lower?

I'd say the same thing as Brian. Higher and lower of what? These terms only exist to make distinctions between aspects of self. It's not that one thing is better than the other. Higher/lower, better/worse.... it's still being stuck in dualism. The idea is to become unstuck in dualism. Therefore you have one and the other and you give no preference to either.

• Like 1

Neither would matter to you if your Chi isn't moving at all. Is always the Center Channel.... :)

Hehehe. I think that if one's Chi is not moving at all this would be called being dead.

What goes up must come down. LOL If you want to transcend the polarity, opt for the centre.

But if you have enough momentum when going up you will just keep going, and going, and going.

But if you have enough momentum when going up you will just keep going, and going, and going.

But eventually, you might come down on another planet or vanish in a black hole.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

I've heard the way above described as a road towards the light.

I wonder if it may also be a road for the light to return to one's center.

Guess it depends on where one is going.

• Like 2

I've heard the way above described as a road towards the light.

I wonder if it may also be a road for the light to return to one's center.

Guess it depends on where one is going.

This goes over my head.