Gerard

Mountain teas

I really love longjing green tea, I have it often. Silver needle white tea is also a favourite, but my supplier went out of business and he had access to the best of the best.

I admittedly don't have a lot of experience with oolong, would love to learn more.

A friend who spent time in Asia taught me how to make tea "the right way" last year, with a tea table and everything. Doing it that way makes it a much more medicinal experience...

• Like 2

Is there a benefit of high mountain teas vs regular teas, just wondering what kind of difference it makes as I'm sure it does make a difference in the chemical composition to some degree.

Thanks for chiming in and saying hello. I wish I were a teamaster :)

Yes, puerh is a very special tea, but so is dancong also a great favourite of mine. There are pretty amazing offerings out there with a lot of complexity and subtlety but unfortunately I can't afford any of them at the moment. If you are interested I can provide a link from a HK based company.

A longevity tea for all Tao Bums and anyone else lucky to stumble upon this thread (it uses Chinese herbs and not camellia sinensis):

Polygonum multiflorum root (he shou wu). 9-30g

Ginseng root (ren shen) Alternatively <i>dang shen (codonopsis root)</i> which is cheaper version (the root belongs to the same family as ginseng) but amounts need to be more or less doubled to get the same effect as ginseng. 1-9 g (ren shen) & 6-14 g (dang shen)

Dioscorea rhizome/Chinese yam (shan yao). 9-30 g

Lycii/wolf/goji berries (gou qi zi). 5-18 g

Cooked Rehmannia root (shu di huang). 9-30 g

Reishi mushroom/ganoderma lucidorum (ling zhi). 3-15 g

Sichuan Lovage rhizome (chuan xiong). 3-10 g

The dosages are for decoction. Start with a lower dose and adjust accordingly. Only for practitioners who know their bodies and minds really well, if you are unsure check with a TCM doctor so they can adjust the quantities accordingly.

Best :)

Very interesting, :) those are known to be good herbals on their own , am just wondering are they all compatible together in a decoction, since that's a lot of different substances, will there be any deleterious interactions?

Edited by Daoisme

The Chinese have a long history with tea. Trust them as I do...plus my own experience drinking those teas.

Edited by Gerard

One indication, do you know the herbs Cistanche tubulosa or Rou Cong Rong?

I suggest that you give it a look, its disclosure is recent but its use is antiquated.

Very used in Tibet, Nepal , etc. very difficult to get, but ...

• Like 1

Enjoyed an early morning brew of Taiwan Tian Chi Jade oolong from Tea Masters. High mountain oolong tea can't get any better than this.

• Like 2