Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Neurological Indicators Show That Your Heart Is Your True Center of Consciousness

Thanks for an interesting post Songtsan, the complete article can be found here:

http://wakeup-world.com/2015/01/22/the-heart-consciousness-a-neurological-perspective/

While most of the article is found on Songtsan's link as well as a link to the complete article, the complete article adds some extra things about the heart's electromagnetic field and how it apparently influence can other peoples brains. So either following the link to the complete article in Songtsan's link or my direct one is worthwhile.

Edit: Corrected link to complete article

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 2

Interesting... There is a concept in the Western esoteric tradition according to which the heart (astrologically corresponding to the Sun) is the center of the individual and the source of impulses that may be reflected in the brain (the Moon) as thoughts.

Interesting... There is a concept in the Western esoteric tradition according to which the heart (astrologically corresponding to the Sun) is the center of the individual and the source of impulses that may be reflected in the brain (the Moon) as thoughts.

In Aristotle the heart is considered to be the center of consciousness. To the Stoics emotions were “judgments”, one might say summary judgments, in the sense that they rendered a decision already made unconsciously as a conscious attraction or aversion. Plato's position is harder to judge.

In traditional Chinese physiology xin is both the physical heart and consciousness and as consciousness is often translated as heart/mind to denote its affective and cognitive nature. The Heart as an organ is also the dwelling of the Yuan Shen, the original or primordial, spirit. It was to this unity that I was pointing when I said in Panpsychism:

For similar reasons, for me, any distinction between ”intellect” and “emotion” is a false distinction, and I will not divide myself up that way just because of a mistake made circa 1800, makes that distinction a “self evident' truth to those who uncritically adopt it just because it is an almost universally accepted modern “Western” cultural meme. So if I call for an “intellectual reformation”, I am talking about a reformation that is a return to wholeness, in which the link between thought and feeling is fully acknowledged and this is not just something that can be simply talked about, “philosophy” in the sense in which I use it is an activity that must be lived and talking about it, acting on it, contemplating it and ritualizing it, are all parts of that philosophical activity, oh, and yes, also analyzing it, because any life pretending to be a philosophical life which is not an analyzed life, is not a truly Philosophical Life, and, as a clever fellow once observed in Athens long ago, not a life worth living. I worked very hard cleaning the detritus of Decartes and Kant out of my conscious and unconscious mental closet, but it was definitely worth it.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this