gabrielnb

Mudra for Sung Breathing - Damo Mitchel's book.

For those who read "Daoist Nei Gong: The Phylosophicall Art of Change".

In that book, in order to practice the Sung breathing, Damo shows a mudra on figure 3.5. (Sung practice position) which i didn't figure out what should be (is it the taichi mudra?)

If someone knows, please, explain.

I can't find my copy, are you referring to the mudra where you hold your hands over your LDT with your thumbs covering the opposing hands' lao gong point? If I recall right, it's used to close off the energy points leading out of the hands, internalizing that energy for practice, clearing blockages and such.

Thanks, Silent Thunder.

It seems to be this. But on the book there is two forms. One (Sung breathing), I guess, uses right hand holding left thumb (as you can see on the photo, if you find your copy, figure 3.5). The other (chapter 7, figure 7.4. - seated practice and figure 7.5. - Daoist shoujue), uses the opposite, I mean, left hand hold right thumb. I was wondering if there is some relevant difference on them and which should I use on Sung breathing (is there any difference about energy work, and so, for the results related to the practice?)

Thanks, YiYinYiYang. It is useful information. By the way, that meditation you post on the link is similar to Zen, although in Daoist focus are inside oneself.