Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

Where is everybody?

Heartfelt greetings,

I've a bicoastal duality going, with two lives on two coasts, of which I will have to choose one at some point soon and fold the other. While the pros and cons of either choice are too numerous to bother anyone with, one of the considerations I might want to work into the equasion is something I'd like to run by you, venerable bums. I don't know any live tao-minded people on the East Coast; I know only a few on the West coast. I think it's almost time to change this. So... my question is, if I were to try to face some of you in person, for whatever tao-minded get-together, where would I be more likely to find you -- here or there? or altogether elsewhere? :)

--------------------------------------

Altogether elsewhere, vast

herds of reindeer run across

miles and miles of golden moss

silently, and very fast.

--W. H. Auden

I am in Boston--would be interested in getting together if you are in my neck of the woods.

I'm in SC and Sean, he's a total hottie btw, is in MS. There are several in NYC, but it "feels" like most everyone here is in the West. I think of Witch as being in the UK for some reason. I think Sean would have a good vibe on east vs west. I grew up in Phoenix... I love the freedom and big mindedness and big skyness of the west and I love the friendliness and rainfall and beautiful, lush trees of the east. I like the low population and the sunshine of the SE and I like the affordability of SC.

Which areas in particular are you focusing on?

The Pacific Northwest Rain Forest

We're leading classes out of the International Hostel here on the coast off hwy101. Plenty of space available. A few blocks away from Parks & Rec which has full lap&rehab pool / 102deg spa, etc.

Come up for a visit! We're going to be practicing all winter! Bring your lined robe for those wintry beach sessions!

Spectrum

I think of Witch as being in the UK for some reason.

Me too. But for some reason I thought most of the 'bums here were uk based!

Greenchild I sent you a PM. Follow my link you should be able to get the info you need.

Regards,

Spectrum

I'm currently in Seattle Washington. I also know of at least one group of practicing Taoists here who meet up once a month for discussions.

But for some reason I thought most of the 'bums here were uk based!

That's funny!

It seems that taobums is more Pacific NW than I had imagined. Makes sense as it was founded in northern California.

I had sort of thought San Francisco, LA, and NYC areas were where most everyone was. Maybe Sean could do a printout or something of everyone's location?

I'm currently in Seattle Washington. I also know of at least one group of practicing Taoists here who meet up once a month for discussions.

Is there a Taoist Tai Chi Society up in Seattle? There is one in Portland but I havnt been.

Sign in to follow this