This, being a taoist (primarily) forum with heavy oriental influences, i had thought it would be appropriate to let users choose their profile readout so that instead of showing in verbatum our birth date, we could opt to have it show users our chinese zodiac!

I think.... this might require some programming knowledge and deep understanding of the Zodiac algorithm, but it would be fun to look at my profile and see it show my age as Ox and my DoB as Yin Wood Ox, Rooster; Dog.

:lol: I think that would be wicked fun for everyone! :D

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan
  • Like 2

well, my point being...

To have a zodiac readout in our profiles... :)

yes... I'm just getting a resource ready :)

Custom code probably ain't going to happen... but it seems folks could put it in:

1. Profile Feed - Others see this with a mouse over the name

2. Member Title - Shows up above avatar

3. Interests - Shows up under the avatar

4. Signature - shows up at the bottom of the post

Well it would be pretty spiffy either way :) Maybe, in lieu of coding an algorithm to calculate people's signs and elements, a trustworthy (and thorough) link to an online reading...

I dont know off hand, but the one i am thinking tells you your year animal, element, and alignment, your month animal, your hour animal, and your day animal (which is the only one i cant calculate myself :( )...

Otherwise, i'd be happy and willing to do chinese zodiac profiles for people :)

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Speaking of Chinese Zodiacs, we're still looking at a horse, arent we?

There are two calendars, lunar and solar. As of February 4th, the solar calendar has entered the wood sheep year.... but the energetic waxing and waning of the moon tends to add a very strong energetic influence to the way we feel the solar cycle energies, so right now we're basically waiting for the lunar cycle to return to stillness (at the new moon) and catch on to the change in the solar energies.

Sometimes this happens before February 4th, sometimes after. When it's after, they say the moon is blind to the change, which may effect the tone of the year a bit. When the moon is more aware of the change it's like getting a head start on a race or something like that. This yin wood sheep year is also somewhat of a response to the yang wood horse of last year, so we can perhaps expect (or create) some resolution to what was initiated last year.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2

This yin wood sheep year is also somewhat of a response to the yang wood horse of last year, so we can perhaps expect (or create) some resolution to what was initiated last year.

Can you say something about this past year?

NaYin calls the yang wood horse "metal smelted 100 times." Horse is centered around the summer solstice in the seasons, and is the most yang time of the year. Horse is the center of the season of fire. Wood feeds fire, so this past year the heat was really blazing. All around me I noticed people dropping what they'd been doing in past years, and initiating bigger projects with an intense fervour. It was like everyone wanted to become a blacksmith last year and bee-lined it for the forge.

Also somewhat interesting that this past winter solstice coincided with the new moon, that Lichun (beginning of the solar year) coincided with a full moon, and that on the spring equinox we have another new moon. To me it all feels like a reset switch, helping us to sync up with these important phases of the solar cycle. But I'm also pretty new to this perspective, so please take my opinions with a grain of salt!

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2